• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 5 - Mk banned! - October 19-20th, 2013 - Houston, Tx - 1 DAYS LEFT! PLEASE BRING SET-UPS!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
WHOBO 1 had no huge MM
WHOBO 2 was me (samus) vs san (ike) for 50$. but it was fake money.
WHOBO 3 was me vs noid (samus) and i won the 50$.
Lone Star Circuit 1 was Razer vs Dabuz (olimar) for 100$ and dabuz won.
WHOBO 4 was.........?
WHOBO 5 will be me vs bomber (tl) for 200$.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
whobo 4 had MVD vs Nike for 100 dollars MVD won

also

i really dont think im coming out to this sadly

i really wana come and enter with my 2nd's and get some mk practice on the side for apex, but since this isn't in the summer taking a week out of my last semester at school/work for the megabus trip is out of the question and a 300 dollar plane ticket is just too steep for me to handle right now :/

I'm really sorry Xyro, even though i was 100% confident in taking ur mk challange and getting top 5 this tourney, i just don't see it being possible :(

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
I really wanna come to this. I'm a noob though how much do flights generally cost (coming from ny)
Also if there's any housing id really appreciate if someone can help me out. I hate to ask for all this but I don't know where to start xD

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Lee Martin wishes he could get into my account. But I'm happy to see some people are actually serious about this. To say I'm unimpressed would be a lie.

Okuser

Smash Ace
Buy venue/side events and don't buy 1vs1/2vs2. When u show up, tell me you main mk and ill run you through my database of hatred. If you come up, u get those two events for free. If not, u gotta pay.

I need to know before I get there whether I'm gonna show up in your "database", because that'll determine if I'm even going.

Xyro77

I need to know before I get there whether I'm gonna show up in your "database", because that'll determine if I'm even going.
yea i know you and yeah i know u are a mk main.

I really wanna come to this. I'm a noob though how much do flights generally cost (coming from ny)
Also if there's any housing id really appreciate if someone can help me out. I hate to ask for all this but I don't know where to start xD
I recommend MegaBus, but if you don't wanna do that, look at orbitz or priceline for plane tickets.

In Houston, we have HOBBY and BUSH INTERNATIONAL (IAH) airports so see if u can get to either one of those. Sometimes its cheaper to go to San Antonio or Austin TX and then ride with those players to WHOBO.

You can ask about rides or housing in THIS thread and other threads

Houston http://smashboards.com/threads/hous...r-19-20th-2013.142123/page-2820#post-15715946

Dallas http://smashboards.com/threads/dall...-a-gummy-bear-d.271285/page-247#post-15699313

San Antonio http://smashboards.com/threads/san-...paws-phone-2013.282690/page-979#post-15693162

Austin http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...mash-everything.191097/page-443#post-15689614

whobo 4 had MVD vs Nike for 100 dollars MVD won

also

i really dont think im coming out to this sadly

i really wana come and enter with my 2nd's and get some mk practice on the side for apex, but since this isn't in the summer taking a week out of my last semester at school/work for the megabus trip is out of the question and a 300 dollar plane ticket is just too steep for me to handle right now :/

I'm really sorry Xyro, even though i was 100% confident in taking ur mk challange and getting top 5 this tourney, i just don't see it being possible :(
Nah man its cool. Im just super mad and i now hate you and your whole state. no big deal.

REMEMBER, MEGABUS TICKETS ARE TEMPORARILY 1$ FOR WHOBO WEEKEND. BUY THE TICKETS ASAP!!!

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Lee Martin wishes he could get into my account. But I'm happy to see some people are actually serious about this. To say I'm unimpressed would be a lie.

So far Xyro and Pj stepped up to take on your challenge so thats $400 you could win if you beat them. Im waiting on confirmations from other players to see if they want to do it so this years main events are Xyro Vs Bomber7 for $200 and Pj Vs Bomber7 for $200. Im going to sync's house this friday so I can see who else wants to play you over there so we can get to that $1000 you mentioned. I need to know what sets are you comfortable playing 2/3 or 3/5? Pj mentioned he wants to do 3/5.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
So far Xyro and Pj stepped up to take on your challenge so thats $400 you could win if you beat them. Im waiting on confirmations from other players to see if they want to do it so this years main events are Xyro Vs Bomber7 for $200 and Pj Vs Bomber7 for $200. Im going to sync's house this friday so I can see who else wants to play you over there so we can get to that $1000 you mentioned. I need to know what sets are you comfortable playing 2/3 or 3/5? Pj mentioned he wants to do 3/5.
I have to go with what PJ wants. I think it's appropriate. For $200 I'd go 3/5. When I get to $1000, it will go up to 4/7.

Xyro77

If bomber is serious about all of this i will make this a huge deal at whobo 5. prime time type ****. ive never seen a TL that wants to thrown down like this before.

oh and bomber, to be clear, when you do the MMs its character locked and 3/5 right? that is how normal MMs go but i didn't know if u wanted this differently.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
If bomber is serious about all of this i will make this a huge deal at whobo 5. prime time type ****. ive never seen a TL that wants to thrown down like this before.

oh and bomber, to be clear, when you do the MMs its character locked and 3/5 right? that is how normal MMs go but i didn't know if u wanted this differently.
Yeah, Character lock would be cool. I can't see myself going PT. I don't do that anymore. :x

Bomber7

Smash Hero
@Sensei- Yes
@P-4- Hell yes.

I think that the Big Bomb-Off would be a great way to conclude WHOBO 5, don't you guys think? So go win your money in the brackets because I'll be waiting for you guys at the station dedicated for this. This is going to be so hype!

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Bomber lets go 3/5 TL vs MK
Is this a 100% confirmation you are down to play him for the $200?

@Sensei- Yes
@P-4- Hell yes.

I think that the Big Bomb-Off would be a great way to conclude WHOBO 5, don't you guys think? So go win your money in the brackets because I'll be waiting for you guys at the station dedicated for this. This is going to be so hype!

I know so it would be a great way to conclude whobo 5 and the series! We can have the station set up so after the tournament we can start the main events. Back in mvc2 days when someone takes on everyone we call them the ironman. You sir will be the ironman of whobo 5 vs all the challengers. If Player 4 confirms the match with you thats 3 people for $600. 2 more matches and you have your $1000!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Bomber7: Doesn't enter WHOBO 5 brackets, goes home with EVERYONE'S money.

Is what will happen after The Big Bomb-Off.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I wouldn't even money match a newborn for 200 dollars, so good luck to you all.

Dark Peach come to Whobo.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Here's how it's going to go down:

To end WHOBO 5 the way it should end, I'm going to play five, $200 MMs. The $200 MMs stop when I either lose all my cash (which I won't) or I reach $1000. When I reach $1000, that is when the real games begin, so those of you interested in the $1000, be thinking about if you are willing to put that much money on the table because I'm stepping up and doing this. In the event that I don't win all five of my MM's and let say make $600-800, I will take on anyone else who wasn't officially confirmed to the top five list. I won't be cutting my losses if I'm left with $200-$400 dollars. If/When we do the $1000 MMs, I will do as many as time permits and assuming I'm not about to pass out in my chair by that time (unlikely). I want to get in at least three $1000 MM if all possible. Either way, this will be the hype that APEX wishes they could get. WHOBO 5 will end with the best hype that any series could end with.

$200 MMs will be best 3/5 games. Character lock. Unity Ruleset. MK is allowed.

$1000 MMs will be best 4/7 games. Character lock. Unity Ruleset. MK is allowed.

Confirmed people:
1) PJ
2)Xyro
3) Player-4
4)NickRiddle
5) Esam

There is no particular order to who will be playing me first. It's a matter of who is the bravest to step up first and get the ball rolling.

Also, no one from Louisiana can challenge me. That is the only exception to me calling everyone at WHOBO 5 out.

***I'm depending on my friends to give me a ride to this, so the amount of MMs I get in depends on them and when they are ready to leave to head back to LA. I'm confident in Xyro's TO abilities so I doubt we will run into that problem where we are pressed for time to get The Big Bomb-Off finished.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
You're just a tad late. Esam claimed the #5 on facebook. However, since he isn't 100% sure he is coming, the #5 spot will go to whoever steps up to claim it. Though, it will have to be claimed as soon as it is definite Esam isn't coming.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
You're just a tad late. Esam claimed the #5 on facebook. However, since he isn't 100% sure he is coming, the #5 spot will go to whoever steps up to claim it. Though, it will have to be claimed as soon as it is definite Esam isn't coming.
<

:018:

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Here's how it's going to go down:

To end WHOBO 5 the way it should end, I'm going to play five, $200 MMs. The $200 MMs stop when I either lose all my cash (which I won't) or I reach $1000. When I reach $1000, that is when the real games begin, so those of you interested in the $1000, be thinking about if you are willing to put that much money on the table because I'm stepping up and doing this. In the event that I don't win all five of my MM's and let say make $600-800, I will take on anyone else who wasn't officially confirmed to the top five list. I won't be cutting my losses if I'm left with $200-$400 dollars. If/When we do the $1000 MMs, I will do as many as time permits and assuming I'm not about to pass out in my chair by that time (unlikely). I want to get in at least three $1000 MM if all possible. Either way, this will be the hype that APEX wishes they could get. WHOBO 5 will end with the best hype that any series could end with.

$200 MMs will be best 3/5 games. Character lock. Unity Ruleset. MK is allowed.

$1000 MMs will be best 4/7 games. Character lock. Unity Ruleset. MK is allowed.

Confirmed people:
1) PJ
2)Xyro
3) Player-4
4)NickRiddle
5) Esam

There is no particular order to who will be playing me first. It's a matter of who is the bravest to step up first and get the ball rolling.

Also, no one from Louisiana can challenge me. That is the only exception to me calling everyone at WHOBO 5 out.

***I'm depending on my friends to give me a ride to this, so the amount of MMs I get in depends on them and when they are ready to leave to head back to LA. I'm confident in Xyro's TO abilities so I doubt we will run into that problem where we are pressed for time to get The Big Bomb-Off finished.

Then its on and settled! As far as depending on your friends to give you a ride to this just in case if they dont go I suggest you get on the megabus for $1 special so thats $2 for the whole trip or greyhound this way you are 100% confirmed in coming and there are no excuses why you cant make it. Looking forward to seeing this go down. I already spoke to Xyro and we both agreed that this 5 vs 1 can start the tournament off meaning we will do this 1st and then start the tournaments. If anybody wants salty runbacks it will have to wait till after the tournaments are over which will be sunday! Just to be clear the #5 spot will be open to 1st come 1st serve if esam does not show so this means everyone needs to bring extra money. Xyro and I will get a money match list of other events outside of this going next week so if anybody wants to do money matches low stakes or high stakes post asap so we can get those confirmed.

Also who all from Louisiana is going 100% and wants to sidebet on you? I know a few people who want to bet so post asap so we can get those sidebets matched and confirmed!

TheJerm

Smash Champion
lololololololololololololololololololololollololololololololololololololololololololollololololololololololololololololololololollololololololololololololololololololololollololololololololololololololololololololollololololololololololololololololololololollololololololololololololololololololololollololololololololololololololololololololol
lets play melee

Xyro77

If he backs out, we will tie him up with GCN controllers, duck tape earphones/iPod to his head so that it plays the russian version of my little pony theme, force him to drink ipecac, put leeches all over his soft spots, burn his body in pesticides and the trash his deformed carcass into the local sewage system so that he will finally be with his kind (s h i t paper)!

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Clearly someone who wants to test the resolve of one's country of players.

Just to be clear I would like to handle this match the same way I handle all my other money matches I set up so this is how it gets handled, All money is collected up front before the match starts and whoever wins will get the money. Since you have 5 opponents in total I will collect 2000$/1000$ from you and 200$ from each opponent. I remember doing this for TYS 8 Cali Vs Texas and I hosted a 2000$ money match as the main event. See in the vid below!

This format works that way everyone gets there money 100% without having to worry about anything. Those players came from cali so i collected the 1000$ from texas part and when the cali players came they gave me there 1000$ then played the match. I recently checked the megabus prices and tickets are still on sale so you could buy your ticket now and if your ride is unable to take you then you have that bus ticket as backup this way it confirms you 100% for this tournament cause either way you will be here. If you need a ride from the bus station to the venue that could be arranged as well just let everyone know ahead of time to see who is available.

Xyro77

Now that we have Bomber Vs 5 players as a main event who else wants to do money matches and what is the set and how much? If you have someone you would like to play post there name as well. Would like to get a money match list going so we have something to look forward to.

Top Bottom