• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who would you replace, and why?

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Okay...one MGS game...and maybe Konami will make "Mega Mash Sisters"
I just don't think MGS has had enough time in the Nintendo system to be put in the smash series...
Oh and about staying with sony...I mean staying on Sony Systems almost all the MGS games have been Sony Console exclusives (as far as I know) with the exception of Twin Snakes...and Twin Snakes wasn't exclusive to gamecube on top of that...
Sony has dealt way more with konami with MGS series than Nintendo...so I don't see how snake made it into brawl in the first place....:/
The guy who made MGS wanted Snake in and Nintendo wanted more 3rd party characters so....
And maybe now they will get Konami to make a MGS game on Wii (unlikely, but possible)

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Replace ROB with Roy.

I think Replace Toon Link with Young Link could be a Nice Idea. Honestly... I prefer play with Young Link to Remember The Great Old Times of Zelda Majora's Mask...

Another Thing is:

I think the Fierce Deitys Link (Link with Firce Deitys Mask) could be at the next version of Super Smash Bros. Series.
Basicall, He would have the Same Moveset of Ike.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
I just don't think MGS has had enough time in the Nintendo system to be put in the smash series...
Oh and about staying with sony...I mean staying on Sony Systems almost all the MGS games have been Sony Console exclusives (as far as I know) with the exception of Twin Snakes...and Twin Snakes wasn't exclusive to gamecube on top of that...
Sony has dealt way more with konami with MGS series than Nintendo...so I don't see how snake made it into brawl in the first place....:/
Metal Gear 1 and Metal Gear 2 were on the NES.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Some people seem to want to replace Toon Link with Young Link. I don't think that's a very good idea because Toon Link represents the new era of Zelda. With WW and PH and ST (oh no...) all being delivered to gamers, it wouldn't be right to kick him out of Smash...

GogglesVK

Smash Rookie
Bye Bye SNAKE! I mean snake hasn't even showed up on a nintendo console until now...how in the world did he even get considered in the first place...
Metal Gear was on the NES and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes was on Gamecube.

I'd drop Meta Knight and put in Viewtiful Joe.

I'd also drop Jigglypuff and put in...Lip, because she's awesome.

I'd also replace Lucario with Mewtwo, except give Mewtwo some of Lucario's abilities or buff Mewtwo's old abilities to make them usable.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I'd also replace Lucario with Mewtwo, except give Mewtwo some of Lucario's abilities or buff Mewtwo's old abilities to make them usable.
Why replace Lucario with Mewtwo?
They have completely different movesets, except for maybe Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere.
That's why I don't understand why people think Lucario replaced Mewtwo.
They should have just kept Mewtwo... that would have been nice and it would have stopped the Lucario exclusion. :(

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Ok, there was Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid for the GBC, and Metal Gear Solid, the Twin Snakes. 4 games is more than enough.

Someguy13

Smash Cadet
I would take out Toon Link and replace him with Isaac. Not that I have anything against TL just there's already one Link and I think Isaac deserved to be in.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Well...looking at all the people who just corrected me...I shoulda done a little more looking into MGS then....(I have entered fail mode today....:()

And about 4 games being enough (i forgot who said it and I forgot to quote...)
4 compared to the amount of games of every other fighter in brawl to this point...MGS fails in comparison to that aspect...as snake himself would say "Not even close":)
hmmm....nevermind..if that's the case..pit fails too...oh well didn't like pit anyway :)

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
Well...looking at all the people who just corrected me...I shoulda done a little more looking into MGS then....(I have entered fail mode today....:()

And about 4 games being enough (i forgot who said it and I forgot to quote...)
4 compared to the amount of games of every other fighter in brawl to this point...MGS fails in comparison to that aspect...as snake himself would say "Not even close":)
hmmm....nevermind..if that's the case..pit fails too...oh well didn't like pit anyway :)
Let's see..Pit had 2

Ice Climbers had 1

R.O.B. Had 2. Plus Mario Kart DS, if you wanna count it, so 3..

Any others with low game counts..? That's all off the top of my head.

oh also, Marth's had 3, Ike's had 2, and Ness and Lucas have each had one.

*ahem* well, I'll add who I'd replace. I'd replace Lucario with Mewtwo. Simply because I am a first-gen only guy when it comes to the pokeymanz, and I miss my Mewtwo. I'd replace Jiggs with someone from like F-zero. Black Shadow would be great. Personally I'd want Mighty Gazelle though.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Take out lucas and jigs, add two of these. Yoda, Darth Vader, Obi wan, friggin Chewy or Boba fett or something. That would be awesome!

There have been some starwars games on nintendo over the years. So why not?
I mean the lightsaber is already an item. Add in some force for throws, they already have the force jump for the double jump. I could work.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
Take out lucas and jigs, add two of these. Yoda, Darth Vader, Obi wan, friggin Chewy or Boba fett or something. That would be awesome!

There have been some starwars games on nintendo over the years. So why not?
I mean the lightsaber is already an item. Add in some force for throws, they already have the force jump for the double jump. I could work.
It's a beam sword, I'm not sure it's the same thing.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
jigglypuff for mewtwo. mewtwo always deserved to be a 3 time veteran instead of this filler.

ice climber for ridley just for the sake of a 2nd one.

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
Rob with....I don't care just get him out. Actually, I'd like to see hm replaced with a playable form of Grey Fox.

Marth with either Ephraim, Sothe, or Eliwood because there are alot of Fire Emblem characters and I felt others would be better choices and better known to the U.S. audience.

Ganon with a decloned and improved version of him.

Meta Knight with a more balanced version of him.

And Ike with the Black Knight cus' I hate Ike in Brawl and his moveset seems to fit the Black Knight more.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
It's a beam sword, I'm not sure it's the same thing.
It would work the same way. (I know it's not the same thing)

And then you could have Boba fett's Flamethrower that would work like Bowser's B. And he could have his jetpacks that would work like Rob's Up-B. Darth Vader's pumble (where you attack in a grab) could be Choke. The Jedi's could have the saber throw which would be like a powerful boomerang projectile.

It could work.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Rob with....I don't care just get him out. Actually, I'd like to see hm replaced with a playable form of Grey Fox.

Marth with either Ephraim, Sothe, or Eliwood because there are alot of Fire Emblem characters and I felt others would be better choices and better known to the U.S. audience.

Ganon with a decloned and improved version of him.

Meta Knight with a more balanced version of him.

And Ike with the Black Knight cus' I hate Ike in Brawl and his moveset seems to fit the Black Knight more.
Replacing Marth with Roy's dad would be the biggest irony ever.

Top Bottom