• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who WON'T make the cut?

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
Ice Climbers, Pichu, and G&W I'd say are the most likely to get cut. Although I'd like to see all the SSBM characters return. Except Pichu...I couldn't care less about him unless they realize it's just stupid and not cute to have it so that he damages himself.

Vali

Smash Ace
They'll be in. If you think 2 of the most popular characters from the previous title wont be in playable, then you're delusional.
I hate to piss on your parade, but the only reason that Sheik was popular was due to a top/god tier moveset and I so very very much doubt that if he/she/it/potatoe was to return that the same level of imbalance would be kept. Then yes, you guessed it, no-one would play as Sheik save for a few. I always read "Most popular" as "Best character". There's going to be just as many angry Sheik players if he/she/it/potatoe is nerfed as if he/she/it/potatoe was removed, so it doesn't make sense to keep a insignificant, unpopular character.

SiD

Smash Master
They'll be in. If you think 2 of the most popular characters from the previous title wont be in playable, then you're delusional.
Quit being a cocky *******. I think they'll almost definitely be in too, but you said they were confirmed which is a lie.

XDead Sexy

Smash Apprentice
Im guessing all originals will return, Y Link just no same with Pichu Roy and Marth I think are personally both gone ike is like them fused together and they'll have another random FE character, Falco and Ganon will return just with different moves or slighlty modified moves there pretty pop characters and seriously who could replace them? Shiek IDK although cheap I wouldnt care more characters to fight i guess

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I hate discussions like these.

Doc, Pichu, and Roy that's it. They are the only three who aren't important and were added at the last minute for beefing the roster. Don't you dare say Y. Link either...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Ice Climbers, Pichu, and G&W I'd say are the most likely to get cut. Although I'd like to see all the SSBM characters return. Except Pichu...I couldn't care less about him unless they realize it's just stupid and not cute to have it so that he damages himself.
Why do you think Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch would be cut? And why do you think they'd be cut over Dr. Mario, the cloniest of clones?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Falco won't be cut. And Young Link won't either. Young Link has been in way more games than adult Link. The latter has been in two, while the former has been in...12, I believe.

SiD

Smash Master
Falco won't be cut. And Young Link won't either. Young Link has been in way more games than adult Link. The latter has been in two, while the former has been in...12, I believe.
Why won't Falco be cut? Because he's exactly the same as Fox? Oh wait.....

And it's not who's been in more games dude, it's all been Link, who was also in the most recent one, so I see no reason why Young Link should return.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Why won't Falco be cut? Because he's exactly the same as Fox? Oh wait.....

And it's not who's been in more games dude, it's all been Link, who was also in the most recent one, so I see no reason why Young Link should return.
Falco was like Fox in Melee, yeah. As is the nature of a clone. But Falco is a great character in his own right. He doesn't deserve to get cut. It's not his fault he got shafted out of a unique moveset.

Don't fight me on this, SiD. I don't want to have to hurt you.

As for Young Link, I don't really care what happens to him. One Link is good enough for me, but Young Link has plenty of potential for a unique moveset too. I generally discourage more than one version of a character in the game, but he's not as bad as Doctor Mario.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
because Ice Climbers lack fan base and as for Game & Watch I believe he should return since he had his own moveset
Sakurai once said having only popular characters bores him.

Many people like the uniqueness of the Ice Climber's, myself included. Even if I don't use them as much as some other characters they are still unique and bring something to the game that no other character does, a duo.

SiD

Smash Master
Berkus, I just don't see what could possibly be unique about Falco. He really is the same, just a pilot, but he looks different.

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I think Falco has more of a fan base than G&W, Ice Climbers and Young Link, but I still think a lot of people'll be disappointed that he doesn't make the cut, same with the other people I listed.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Berkus, I just don't see what could possibly be unique about Falco. He really is the same, just a pilot, but he looks different.

HE'S GOT A 'ZOOKA!!

Seriously though, even Fox's moveset is pretty much entirely made up. The blaster and reflector make sense, but they weren't in any of the Star Fox games, to my knowledge (though I think Fox mentioned having a blaster in Adventures. Not the point). Firefox and Fox Illusion were totally pulled out of Sakurai's (or someone's) ***. They could give Falco the same treatment.

Bombs of some kind maybe? Maybe give him a magnetic field thing in place of the reflector? Not necesarily good ideas, but my point is, he can be worked with.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
They could give Falco the same treatment.

Bombs of some kind maybe? Maybe give him a magnetic field thing in place of the reflector? Not necesarily good ideas, but my point is, he can be worked with.
I believe the same, that Falcoshould get a slightly differnt moveset form fox, sure maybe he can stilll have his blaster, but yea Falco can be worked on in that people will tell the difference between his moves and Fox's

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
Nobody knows anything until Sakurai confirms it. So stop saying "Well, so-and-so is going to cut, and so-and-so is going to be there."

SiD

Smash Master
Well, if he decides Falco must return, I hope very much that they take off the stun from his blaster or take the blaster altogether. I'm still putting my money on him not returning though.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Well, if he decides Falco must return, I hope very much that they take off the stun from his blaster or take the blaster altogether. I'm still putting my money on him not returning though.
Fair enough.

But personally, even if Sakurai decided not to bother with making up a new moveset for him, I still think Falco would make it in on popularity. He very well may be more popular than Fox. Eh, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I personally think people who say Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Sheik, and G&W will be cut are stupid. The reason is that there is no reason to get rid of characters with original movesets. The interview with the Zelda director pretty much confirmed Sheik and Gannondorf (Not there was any doubt...unless you're stupid i guess). Mewtwo is pretty much the only badass Pokemon that can be added besides Lucario. Lucario is nothing like Mewtwo so he couldn't replace him. Mewtwo has to be in Brawl. He is one of the most recognized Pokemon from the first 151. He is badass. He will be in Brawl. G&W was just fan service. But what is Brawl but a giant ball of fanservice on a disk. He will stay. Ice Climbers were selected, because Sakurai saw potential in them. He also loves Retro characters. That's what they are. They will stay, because honestly, I can't see Sakurai wasting that potential he saw in the first place.

The ones who will probably be cut are Dr. Mario, Pichu, Marth (Since I see Ike as Marth with an improved moveset and better recovery), Roy (Because Ike already pretty much has Roy's firey B attack but improved so he is probably out), Falco (He does have a chance if they can give him a new moveset. Maybe give him the bazooka from Assault) and Young Link (I don't really see Sakurai putting WW Link in the game. He would just take the place of a more original character. There only needs to be one Link)

Bajef8

Smash Ace
who i think will be cut or modified somehow..........

dr. mario-plain and simple A CLONE. can't be worked with and is cut completely or possibly an alternate costume. maybe AT since he was once given status as a playable character.

ganondorf-IN! he'll get a unique moveset or get a mostly different moveset; won't be slightly different to captain falcon since they aren't remotely related.

falco-probably in. he'll be slightly different like luigi is to mario since luigi was a clone of mario in smash bros.

young link-kicked out completely, new moveset, slightly different moveset from link like mario and luigi, and cel-shaded.

pichu-thrown into a raging fire and and laughed at happily.

roy-AT or gone completely.

marth-IN! why do you all think he is getting the boot?!?!

ice climbers-too unique and sakurai loves ressurecting old characters so why get rid of them if he just brought them back?

Mr. G&W-same as ice climbers.

sheik-unsure, it's hard to say.

ness and captain falcon- original 12 members will never get the boot.

all others- in no questions asked. why would any leave? they have unique movesets and are all well recognized.

clones-there may be a few since they've been existant in all the smash bros. before brawl.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
Quit being a cocky *******. I think they'll almost definitely be in too, but you said they were confirmed which is a lie.
I hate to piss on your parade, but the only reason that Sheik was popular was due to a top/god tier moveset and I so very very much doubt that if he/she/it/potatoe was to return that the same level of imbalance would be kept. Then yes, you guessed it, no-one would play as Sheik save for a few. I always read "Most popular" as "Best character". There's going to be just as many angry Sheik players if he/she/it/potatoe is nerfed as if he/she/it/potatoe was removed, so it doesn't make sense to keep a insignificant, unpopular character.
You two kids sound ********. Just giving you the heads up.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
You two kids sound ********. Just giving you the heads up.
I hope you didn't think that was clever.

Get that weak **** outta here. [/tribute to Del, cause he's not here to do it]

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Cut completely:

Pichu

Alternate costume:

Dr.Mario

Assist Throphy cameo:

Roy, Sheik & Mr. Game & Watch

Luigi-and celshady-fied:

Young Link
D o you honestly want luigi as an assist trophy? That falls in the I wouldn't buy the game if they did that, or I'd at least be pissed. And i don't play luigi.

Characters that should go.

Pichu
Falco
Roy(I'd like to see each FE alt costume be a different lord actually, but that would piss off people when Marth does Aether and roy has no Phire)
Dr. Mario(could be an Alt costume)
Ganandorf(as he currently is, new moveset please)
G&W could go.
IC's could go.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
D o you honestly want luigi as an assist trophy? That falls in the I wouldn't buy the game if they did that, or I'd at least be pissed. And i don't play luigi.
I think you may have misread his post. He didn't say Luigi should be an assist trophy, he said he wants Young Link to be cel-shaded and luigi-fied.

Characters that should go.

Pichu
Falco
Roy(I'd like to see each FE alt costume be a different lord actually, but that would piss off people when Marth does Aether and roy has no Phire)
Dr. Mario(could be an Alt costume)
Ganandorf(as he currently is, new moveset please)
G&W could go.
IC's could go.
How come Ganondorf would be allowed to stay with a new moveset but Falco gets the boot regardless? :(

Conker1

Smash Ace
Not cutting Young Link would be like not cutting Pichu or Dr. Mario. He is just another incarnation of a character already in the game. All 3 need to go.

Also cut Roy.

I used Young Link and Roy as my 2nd and 3rd but they both gotta go.

Cygnus V Arcana

Smash Apprentice
Not sure about Young Link...

I could have sworn that I heard something about young link actually being cel shaded wind waker link. It would be cool, but I can't remember where I heard it or where I can confirm it.

I'm just mad because chuck norris or Star wars kid wont be in the game.

*le sigh... :(

haha

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah. Even though Meta Knight, King DeDeDe and Wario technically aren't villians and more so rivals, they'd be considered villians in the Super Smash Brothers world.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
I hope you didn't think that was clever.
Actually, I did.

you sound ********. nothing is confirmed until it's on smashbros.com
You keep believing that, young person.

Rebuttal - No new designs would be submitted if they werent intended to be playable. If they weren't being made playable then they would simply model pre-existing designs. Period.

Ponder that for a second kids, before you burst out in anger because another disagrees with your obviously flawed logic.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Seriously that is no confirmation of anything, other then Sheik might be in Brawl. I won't say Sheik isn't, but it's NOT confirmed.

SiD

Smash Master
Dude seriously, it's not flawed. Things that were going to be in games are left out all the time, sometimes with models left on the game disc, so don't try to sound all high and mighty because you're not. I agree that it probably means they're in, but nothing in confirmed until the developers say so.

Top Bottom