• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who WON'T make the cut?

ThePrime

Smash Lord
If falco isnt in brawl, i heard somewhere that Starwolf might replace him. Starwolf has potential to have an intersting moveset.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Dude seriously, it's not flawed. Things that were going to be in games are left out all the time, sometimes with models left on the game disc, so don't try to sound all high and mighty because you're not. I agree that it probably means they're in, but nothing in confirmed until the DEVELOPERS SAY SO.
like i said silpheed it's not confirmed until it's on the smashbros website [ which in case you forgot is updated straight from the developers as it says on the website ].

i think you're the one with flawed logic, obviously.

Tony_

Smash Ace
like i said silpheed it's not confirmed until it's on the smashbros website [ which in case you forgot is updated straight from the developers as it says on the website ]
The videos confirm much more than whats on the website nearly all the time.

As for predictions, Pichu, Roy, Dr. Mario, Ice Climbers, and Young Link can go. They are only essentially clones save for IC. G&W will return no doubt about it.

Gannondorf will return with a new move set. Falco will return due to popularity and the fact that he can have his own move set.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Hey Tony_ why should the Ice Climber's be removed?

I still see no logic in doing so. They are quite possibly the most unique "idea". Having a duo, why take that away?

IcyDrifter

Smash Apprentice
My friends and I wonder which characters wil and will not make it into Brawl. For the most part, our favorite charactters have made it, but we are thinking that G & W, MewTwo, Ness, and Peach, will be cut at least. What is everyone's opinion on this?
Goodbye Mewtwo (random reason), Goodbye Young Link (Twilight princess updates), and possibly a long sayonara to Marth ('Cause Nintendo hs been known to cut random people)

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
-Marth and Roy will both be gone, I have full faith in that prediction. Dr. Mario, Young Link, and Pichu are getting removed as well.

-Ganondorf and Falco will have completely different movesets. Ganondorf with probably have a weapon. And Falco is completely different from Fox in general, I don't know why he would ever want to copy him.

-Daisy, Waluigi, Wolf, WW Link, Lucas, Skull Kid, Tingle, Lucario, Black Knight, Bowser Jr, Paper Mario, Mii, Pac-Man, Wart, and Shadow the Hedgehog will not be in Brawl at all. I'm sure I forgot someone in that list... basically its most of the ripoff characters on these boards.

- Ness, Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, and Mr. Game and Watch will return and they will be improved!

Kentalish

Smash Lord
here is Masahiro Sakurai's character list i think most of em are going to be in... the ones bolded are the ones i want most

Koopa Troopa (Super Mario Bros. - 1985)
Hammer Bros. (Super Mario Bros. - 1985)
Toad (Super Mario Bros. 2 - 1988)
Petey Piranha (Super Mario Sunshine - 2002)
Vivian (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - 2005)
"Cel-Shaded" Link (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - 2002)
Tetra (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - 2002)
Link's Uncle (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - 1991)
Ganon/Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda/The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - 1986/1998)
Bow Wow the Chain Chomp (The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX - 1998)
Ridley (Metroid - 1986)
Sylux (Metroid Prime: Hunters - 2006)
Noxus (Metroid Prime: Hunters - 2006)
Weavel (Metroid Prime: Hunters - 2006)
Peppy Hare (Star Fox - 1993)
Slippy Toad (Star Fox - 1993)
Krystal (Star Fox Adventures - 2002)
Wolf O'Donnell (Star Fox 64 - 1997)
Diddy Kong (solo) (Donkey Kong Country - 1994)

Diddy Kong & Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country/Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest - 1994/1995)
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country - 1994)
Ninten (Mother - 1989)
Paula (Mother 2 [EarthBound in the U.S.] - 1994 [1995])
Jeff (Mother 2 [EarthBound in the U.S.] - 1994 [1995])
Poo (Mother 2 [EarthBound in the U.S.] - 1994 [1995])
Claus (Mother 3 - 2006)
Lucas (Mother 3 - 2006)
Princess Kumatora (Mother 3 - 2006)
King Dedede (Kirby's Dreamland - 1992)
Lololo & Lalala (Kirby's Dreamland - 1992)
Marx (Kirby Super Star - 1996)
Jeigan (Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi - 1990)
Oguma (Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi - 1990)
Nabarl (Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi - 1990)
Sheeda (Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi - 1990)
Maji (Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi - 1990)
Saji (Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Tsurugi - 1990)
Sigurd (Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu - 1996)
Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 2005)
Soren (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 2005)
Mia (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 2005)
The Black Knight (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 2005)
Gardevoir (Pokémon Ruby & Pokémon Sapphire - 2003)
Steven Stone (Pokémon Ruby & Pokémon Sapphire - 2003)
Black Shadow (F-Zero X - 1998)
Palutena (Kid Icarus - 1986)
Medusa (Kid Icarus - 1986)
Eggplant Wizard (Kid Icarus - 1986)
Isaac (Golden Sun - 2001)
Felix (Golden Sun - 2001)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream - 1990)
Dragon Chan (Super Punch-Out!! - 1994)
Banker (Mario Paint - 1992)
Ray 01 (Custom Robo - 2004)
Captain Olimar (Pikmin - 2001)
Human Main Character (Animal Forest - 2001)
Tom Nook (Animal Forest - 2001)
Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo! - 2005)
Harry the Robot (Teleroboxer - 1995)
Doctor Wright (SimCity - 1991)**
Muddy (Mole Mania - 1996)
The Blue Virus (Dr. Mario - 1990)
Urban Fighters (Urban Champion - 1984)
Lip (Panel de Pon - 1995)
Furil (Nintendo Puzzle Collection: Panel de Pon - 2003)
Takamaru (Nazo no Murasamejou - 1986)
Demiru (Tomato Adventure - 2002)
Tomato Robot (Tomato Adventure - 2002)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight - 1993)
Donbe (Shin Oni ga Shima - 1987)
Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Tantei Club Part II: Ushiro ni Tatsu Shoujo - 1989)*
Jill (Screw Breaker [Drill Dozer in the U.S.] - 2005 [2006])
Ippongi Ryuta of Cheer Squad (Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan - 2005)
Hero/Heroine (Magical Vacation - 2001)
Professor Kawashima (Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day - 2006)
Master Hand (Super Smash Bros. - 1999)
Crazy Hand (Super Smash Bros. Melee - 2001)
#166 Golden Sun characters and/or Advance Wars infantrymen
#218 Famicom Tantei Club characters

Third Party Suggestions

Mega Man (Capcom) (Mega Man - 1987)
G-Red (Capcom) (Gotcha Force - 2003)
Simon Belmont (Konami) (Castlevania - 1986)
Power Pro-Kun (Konami) (Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu '94 - 1994)
Lupus (Rare) (Jet Force Gemini - 1999)
Geno (Square Enix, Inc.) (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - 1996)
Mallow (Square Enix, Inc.) (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - 1996)
Sora (Disney/Square Enix, Inc.) (Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories - 2004)
Magnus Gallant (Quest/Nintendo) (Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber - 2000)
Princess Katia (From Software) (Lost Kingdoms - 2002)
Kalas (tri-Crescendo/Monolith Soft) (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - 2003)
Thomas the Kung-Fu Master (Irem) (Spartan X [Kung-Fu in the U.S.] - 1985)

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
like i said silpheed it's not confirmed until it's on the smashbros website [ which in case you forgot is updated straight from the developers as it says on the website ].

i think you're the one with flawed logic, obviously.
It's ok. Seriously. Just keep in mind, the day the site is updated with Sheik, and Ganondorf's profile's (and thatwill happen), I'll be calling you out, making sure you remember this day when you pretty much ***** yourself out.

^_~

Ryuujiin

Smash Apprentice
Two things I remember Sakurai saying:

-Not all Melee characters will be in Brawl

-No more clones in brawl (either by cutting or or "de-cloneifying")

-All characters from Smash64 are returning

(No idea where the original post is anymore so I'm paraphrasing and not 100% sure about the last one)

So expect Jigglypuff and Ness to return (the Franklin Badge should be proof enough for you).

Shiek will return at least in some form because Aonuma actually helped make a character model for brawl. Plus she was as popular as Fox in Melee so no reason to drop her. And she could easily be made to fit the TP style.

I don't even need to mention Peach at this point. (even though I just did)

Young Link'll be replaced by WW Link and have his own moveset. If anything he should be in brawl more than the TP Link because that style's appeared in more games (Wind Waker, Four Swords GBA, Four Swords GC, Phantom Hourglass) than the Link we see in brawl.

G&W was kinda a joke character for Melee but he may still have a chance. But only slight.

Roy's been replaced by Ike imo. Ike's been proven to be a heavy hitter that's pretty much a de-cloneifyed Marth.

Falco'll probably be de-clonifyed rather than cut cause he's too **** popular to be cut. And I'm not talking about in Melee. Probably more popular than Fox in the series. I'd be 4th player in Star Fox 64 versus mode any day.

I think the de-clonifying process pretty much cut Pichu and Dr. Mario cause they were too similar (being the same person and all). If they get creative with the alternate costumes (Dark Samus for Samus, Blue Ninja Suit (Water suit in TP) for link, etc.), I'm sure Dr. Mario'll return as an alternate costume for Mario. And no TP Link and WW Link are two different people.

Ice Climbers could return if they got the AI right for Nana. She ran away from me one too many times in Melee for me to want them back.

Not sure if Marth was mentioned but he's sure to return. He's different from Ike enough to not be considered a clone. And I'm sure they'll tweak his moves.

Mewtwo'll probably be replaced by the blue hadouken pokemon (name escaped me). I support it pretty much because of the hadoukens.

I think I've said enough for my own good :chuckle:.

SiD

Smash Master
It's ok. Seriously. Just keep in mind, the day the site is updated with Sheik, and Ganondorf's profile's (and thatwill happen), I'll be calling you out, making sure you remember this day when you pretty much ***** yourself out.

^_~
Dude your such an idiot, we didn't say it won't happen we just said they aren't confirmed yet, and you don't know they are either until that day that probably will come. So stop being so **** cocky cause you just sound like a *******.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Hey Tony_ why should the Ice Climber's be removed?

I still see no logic in doing so. They are quite possibly the most unique "idea". Having a duo, why take that away?
They were replaced with a Balloon Fighter, who was originally supposed to be in the game. They might still go, because they were replacements for him and the fact that they are kinda glichy.

D

Deleted member

Has anyone thought that chars could return later in downloadable updates?

I'd like to see Roy back at some point.

SiD

Smash Master
So only Xbox should have the awesome idea of downloadable content? That seems stupid to me. I guess Brawl shouldn't have online play either because it's not Xbox live?

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
So only Xbox should have the awesome idea of downloadable content? That seems stupid to me. I guess Brawl shouldn't have online play either because it's not Xbox live?
Downloadable characters wouldn't work very well. They spend time balancing the game with the 40 or so characters we have. Throwing another character in wouldn't work too well.

Stages, on the other hand, would work well, but I don't see downloadable updates happening. They'll make the game perfect, release it, then take a break and collect their money.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
The only characters I can see possibly being cut are Dr. Mario, Ice Climbers, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Ness, Pichu, Roy, and Young Link. I don't think all of those will be cut, just some of them. I'm pretty sure everyone else will return.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
HAHAHAHA! i just read the first post....what a genius.

anyway, i spose pichu, roy and doc won't make it back. i'd like to see yLink luigified into WW Link, and falco given his own moves. i think if G&W and the ICs DO get cut, there will be a replacement duo and paper thin character. mewtwo may not make it back, back that would be an utter disgrace.

Hyrulean21

Smash Apprentice
Doc - Probably gone. Unless he's completely revamped, I doubt his return.
Ganondorf - Most likely already confirmed, and hopefully with a really awesome moveset.
Falco - Probably returning, with some new moves to boot. I'm hoping for Krystal if he must be replaced, though.
Young Link - Cel-shaded Link would be my guess. Fresh move set of course.
Pichu - More than likely gone. No reason at all to keep him. Sad, though.
Roy - Probably out. Plenty of Fire Emblem to go around without having him or Marth return.

Game and Watch - I think he's out and here's why. Look at any of the videos with Wario in them, and watch his moves. They are near replica to most of G&W's moves, and Wario seems to move in the same style - frame by frame (i can't think of the technical term).

My two cents.

SiD

Smash Master
Wario isn't like G&W at all, fart and motorcycle like bucket and hammer? Falling backwards in the air same as turtle thing? You're crazy man, you're crazy.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Wario isn't like G&W at all, fart and motorcycle like bucket and hammer? Falling backwards in the air same as turtle thing? You're crazy man, you're crazy.
But Wario does move like him...frame by frame like that dude said which is stupid to me...i hate how they always make Wario just so.....not cool ....well in strikers charged he was cool and funny lol

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
rofl.

@hyrulean:
i forgot to mention Ganondorf, weird considering i play him more than any other clone. i probably subconsciously already believe he's in.

so the general consensus is that some clones will be revamped and others are gone. so other than clones, the 3 characters that people feel have the least chance of returning are G&W, the ice climbers and mewtwo, that correct?

SiD

Smash Master
I think all clones are gone except Ganon, and no others will be removed.

Except Falco might return, I just hope he doesn't. I hope that they put in Krystal as a second Starfox representative, because Falco is too similar to Fox to make him different for Brawl.

EDIT: I don't consider Luigi a clone, but if you do, I think he'll return.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
I think all clones are gone except Ganon, and no others will be removed.

Except Falco might return, I just hope he doesn't. I hope that they put in Krystal as a second Starfox representative, because Falco is too similar to Fox to make him different for Brawl.
NO WAY! falco has wings. and he gets a rocket launcher! and he's a better pilot than fox. i'd also prefer to see krystal in over him though....but i still think he should make it back!

also, no love for WW link?

SiD

Smash Master
No, I don't think WW Link is anything worth talking about, nor different enough from regualr link to justify.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
really? have you played WW? i think with a little bit of creativity (and sakurai has demonstrated plenty of times that he has the stuff coming out his ears) WW link could prove to be a very unique character.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
ok, so this isnt the most original moveset for him (as in, its been used a lot, not "its too samey to adult links'") but i found this one posted in the WW link page:

I've been thinking of this moveset for a while, and it would protect ww link from becoming a clone. BTW, windwaker link is not actually link, he is a new hero of time who happens to come from an island where it is customary for young men to wear clothes that look suspiciously like Link's. Therefore, his name should be "hero of time" or something like that, can you imagine the announcer saying "WIND WAKER LINK!" :teeth: anyway, here it is:

B: SKull Hammer- WW LInk (for lack of a better name) heaves the hammer over his head and slams it infront of him, making a shockwave sort of like DK's B-down. You can hold B to charge it and can chrage it for about as long as Marth's Shieldbreaker. While charging, the hammer not only gains strength, but also, winw waker link will slam it up to four or five times, rather thn just once.

B_up: Deku Leaf - When used on the ground, wind waker link will send out a tornado, sort of likke the one from ssb 64, but half the height and speed. In the air, it will act like peachs parasol, except he will not get an upward boost, he will only glide horozontially.

B_over: Boomerang - WW Link throws the boomerang alot like normal link, but after it is thrown, he is in a trance, sort of like ness's up-b. During this trance, link can change the trajectoryof the boomerang up to five times. After he has changed it the ffth time, the boomerang hits the gorund, or the boomerang hits an opponent, link can move again and the boomerang will return to him.

B_down: Iron boots - Alot like kirby's stone, once the boots pop onto hero of time, he will plummet to the ground. however, these will be special, once they are on ww link can keep them on as long as he wants. As long as the boots are on, it is as if WW link is at 0.5 damage ratio. However, while the boots are on, everything link does will be 50% slower and 50% laggier. the boots wil pop on and off as quickly as they do in windwaker, allowing Hero of Time to be fought in two compltely different ways.

i just think he deserves a spot, especially since link has been a young boy in more of his games than he's been an adult. also, the continuation of the WW art style with the handheld games shows that nintendo think that its a decent way to represent the franchise.

SiD

Smash Master
Being a boy or adult doesn't matter, he's always Link.

I personally don't like that style for Link at all, he looks not good. And while he might have a sort of different moveset, his A moves would be the same no matter what basically, and I think adding a new character would be a better use of there time.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Jigglypuff is soooo gone. There are way too many other pokemon out there to but on Brawl for the developers to give a hoot about that abomination of a fighter.

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Cut as playable - Dr.Mario, Young Link, Roy and Pichu
New movesets - Ganondorf and Falco

Chepe

Smash Lord
Sadly, I can see Jigglypuff disappearing on us... I really hope not! But Mewtwo definitely wont... most who put Mewtwo on cut lists seem to only think he deserves it because he was trash in Melee. Why cant they buff him? Expect it, since you can see that Bowser already will be with no-flinch attacks...

Top Bottom