• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will you be maining?

BananaX

Smash Apprentice
Obviously, we don't know all of the characters in Brawl yet, but simply from the options we have now posted on the DOJO!! plus Ness, Jigglypuff, and Lucario, who do you predict you'll be maining? Secondaries? It doesn't have to be an absolute statement; just something to wonder about. ;) Also, which characters which you like to try the most simply because they look interesting.

If I had to choose between any of the characters on the DOJO, I would have to choose Sonic as my main and Fox as my second. As you can probably tell, I love speed characters, and those two seem right
up my alley, especially since I have enjoyed both of their series thoroughly.

As for wanting to try new characters, I find myself really interested in both Pokemon Trainer and DeDeDe. Pokemon Trainer seems unique like no other character is, while DeDeDe looks like he could bring a whole new level to competitive play for heavy character-tiers.

Interested to see what y'all think!

Yukichu

Smash Apprentice
Lucas and Olimar, maybe some Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer on the side.

Remco

Smash Rookie
I can't choose. There're just too many O.o;; I think I'll choose my favorite among Sonic, Lucario, Diddy, Pit and Meta Knight, and maybe PT.

Moustachio

Smash Apprentice
Mario first, then...
Snake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!

then (maybe) Sheik, then Sonic (He's tooooooooooo faaaaaaaaaaaaast!!).

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Well its hard to say.. So many good chars, including the ones that haven't been confirmed.

Snake and Sonic will most likely be my top mains... It'll probably be a toss up b/w them.
Really like Snake's moveset, and I really like Sonic's speed. Both of them have nice style.

Krystal, Pit, and Wario will be up there.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
It's going to be a very hard choice. Especially since Young Link will either not be in it, or be completely different. I'm looking forward to trying out a sleuth of new characters, and even in Melee I've been considering changing my main. Brawl will be the perfect opportunity.

I would main Sonic easily, but my only problem is that too many people could end up using him, I don't want to play with an overused character. So here are my current options:

Sonic
Olimar
Pokémon Trainer
Lucario
Ness

Chances are, I'll be maining Mewtwo in Melee for a week, in order to further whine about the possibility of him not being in Brawl, and the injustice of it, much like how I mained Ness for a few months after Lucas was revealed, and all the Ness worry was all over the net.

It's quite simple Sakurai, put Mewtwo in or I'll moan about him forever. I'll even set one of my taunts to say "MEWWWTWWOOOOOO!!!" for online play.

Fox McWIN

Smash Cadet
You know, I've now heard that Fox's Up-A is worse now, and his blaster explodes after overuse. Both very hindering.
Yea he was so dominant in the other 2 smashes they had to make him weaker. But Fox will overcome these hindrances and reign supreme once again. Thats the fun of it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
1st - Olimar
2nd - PT
3rd - Lucario OR Dedede OR Snake

Lightning Ice

Smash Journeyman
Ice climbers, although I have a habit of being able to use almost everyone. I have about 5 backup characters in melee and 2 in N64 smash.

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
I really have no idea who I'm going to main in Brawl. I didn't really have a main in melee, although I mostly played as Samus. I'm going to have to test every character and check out their moves. Then I can see which one fits my playstyle the best. I bet I'll end up maining someone who I had never even though about before. Things that like happen to me a lot lol.

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
Ike, Diddy, Ike, Yoshi, Ike, Yoshi, Ike DDD, Ike, Mario, maybe Peach... And Ike... And Yoshi...

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
The first character I'll be playing is Olimar, I'm definetly very interested in him, and hope to get decent with him. But for a main....THE GAME ISN'T EVEN OUT YET ****IT

Wildman94

Smash Apprentice
It's between whichever is better out of these:

Bowser (my Melee main)
Kirby (my 64 main)
DeDeDe
Pokemon Trainer
Sonic
Pikmin & Olimar

I have a feeling its gonna end up being either DeDeDe, Kirby, or Bowser though.

Gerkuman

Smash Cadet
I don't really know either, but I would say it'd be a toss up between King D3, Sonic or Samus. My brother will almost definitely be playing as Kirby. He says he'll kick my arse. We'll see...

Zevox

Smash Lord
Presently, I'm expecting my main will be one or more of Pit, Diddy Kong, Sonic, or Marth; with Link, Ike, and anyone from that first list who I don't main as secondaries. Depending on who else shows up that could always change though.

Zevox

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I'll be maining Wario...

Although according to Brawl Central, he's not a powerful character. Anyone else think that's weird?

Top Bottom