• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will you be maining and why?

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I kinda want to main the most annoying character this time. So either Hades or Ridley and say constantly "Big enough for ya?".
But yeah, speaking of already revealed characters, I can always go with Sanic. And gotta say I LOVE Bowser's new look. In the end, you have to pick a "serious" main from the higher tiers, so we shall see when the game comes out.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Samus was my main in Brawl, and Bowser and Olimar were secondaries. As for newcomers, who knows? Mega Man seems like he'll be utterly destroyed by reflectors, but he could turn out viable if some of his projectiles can punch through. Little Mac, Rosalina, and Miss Fit all have interesting playstyles. Ultimately, I'll probably try 'em all out to see who I play as best.
Reflectors won't kill Megaman because reflectors have end lag/can't be held out forever. Just approach with the pellets and attack when you're right next to him.

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
Roselina [Is looking too boss]
DK [ Loved his power since N64)

Morbi

Scavenger
The Triforce; it is tradition. It started out with Link in Smash 64, prior to Smash I was predominately a Legend of Zelda fan. I wasn't even really a Nintendo fan at that point, Pokemon was the only other series I was devoted to (even though I dabbled in Mario and Starfox). I found Link instantly appealing, he became my main. After that, Melee released and I was VERY excited to play as Zelda. I had not followed any of the news pertinent to Smash 64 as I was really young, the internet wasn't as big back then either. I didn't even know Ganondorf was in the game. When his "challenger approaching" banner popped up I was curious, but disappointed. I thought it was some anime character with a disproportionately large sword. However, I was greeted with my favorite Nintendo character of all time. Ever since then, I have mained the Triforce. In Brawl, I hated Link, it was his worst incarnation by far and I opted to use Toon Link instead. Other than that, I am going strong with these characters and I hope Smash 4 treats me well.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I tend to try and keep my skills across all characters equal, but this time around, I actually plan to focus solely on one character. I think it might be Greninja or Little Mac. With Megaman as a secondary or third.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I usually main Pit, sometimes Meta Knight or Zero Suit Samus. But if Palutena's in the game, I got a main.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Wii Fit Trainer and Villager look like a lot of fun.
I'll definitely be trying out Zelda, Sheik, Rosalina and Peach, too.

I always try out every character to see which playstyle fits me best.
However, if Tingle is playable, I don't think I'd be able to resist, even if he is terrible. <3

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I might change mine:

Marth: He and I share a spirit, I can't drop him.
Mega Man: I'm inspired to carry on his legacy
Greninja: He looks freaking awesome.

This will probably change after E3 though. :p

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
Donkey And Diddy Kong - As I loved playing as them in brawl and love the DKC series to death. Little Mac- I loved Punch Out Wii and since then wanted him in smash after playing it years ago, he also seems pretty unique. Yoshi- Always plays as him, he's kind of an underdog. Lucario- however this will change if Mewtwo is confirmed, would like to try out more of his improved aura system.

Riposte__

Smash Apprentice
Wii Fit Trainer: Looks like Cpt. Falcon only better in every conceivable way. Little Mac: Looks interesting but I think his air game will be more of a problem then his recovery. I predict he will struggle even with his speed and grounded power against any character that an be mobile. Cpt. Falcon. I'm sure he's in but im holding my breath for him to be announced.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
:4luigi:Obvious reasons.
:4megaman:He seems cool.
:4mario:Obvious reasons again.
:substitute: Wait hang on.
:4greninja:There he is!
:4olimar:He doesn't have a sucky recovery any more.
:4pit:Changed alot.
:4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox::4fox:

Last edited:

SciCore

Filthy Casual
Greninja and Lucario. Greninja cause he looks fun as hell and Lucario cause he's my Brawl/PM main.

D

Deleted member

Mains:
:4greninja: Definitive main, my starter in XY and I love speed+air play
:4sheik:I like ninjas, but, I was always bad with her since I could use only 2/4 specials, grenades and that fish kick seems like great buffs
Secondaries:
:4bowser:Looking forward to his changes
:4dedede:I just love DDD and his personality, seeing he has gotten a buff also makes for it
:4kirby:Another one that has gotten buffs
:4megaman:He deserves some love, also, heavily projectile based moveset
:4samus:Projectiles, nuff said
:4tlink:WWHD just made me remember how much I liked this guy, unfortunaly, I don't plan on using the same main again

Bobojack

Smash Apprentice
:4villager::4villager::4villager: Because: His bair looks friggn AWESOme (That knock back THOO')! And his d-smash (It Digs you into the ground so yo teammate Puff can come in with the Pound) Side-b (Projectile AND recovery AND its cute), Dair (A random spike thing with turnips), upsmash (I hope DACUS will be a thing), Pocket (You know why) and Timber (seems Interesting and I loovvve stage hazards that you control) are looking pretty awesome! And its Villager dangit (How can you not hate him :cool:)! :4villager::4villager::4villager:

Ravio_Yo

Smash Apprentice
WFT, Megaman, and Little Mac look like they might make it on my main list. Villager too, although I need some elaboration on some of his moves.

Olimar, Bowser, Zss and Pit all have interesting buffs, too.

Toon Link and Marth look as stellar as always.

Too many! Can't decide!

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
First off: Ness will forever be my ultimate main.
now let's move on
Villager: Animal Crossing was my childhood
Greninja: Must. make. Greninja Gaiden!!!
Charizard: Because grr
Mewtwo: Because Mewtwo is the pokemon ever (:troll:)
Captain Falcon: Moves need to be shown

Last edited:

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
All newcomers (interesting)
Link (changed moves)
Pit (changes)
Toon Link (my main of brawl)
Lucario (meeeeega evolution)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Main Sheik in Melee, main Sheik in Brawl, it' going to take a lot for me to not main Sheik in smash4.

...Like I dare say it's impossible unless I fall in love with a reborn Captain Falcon or Greninja is just THAT good then I'll duo main.

Last edited:

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
Eh, I'll decide on a main once I understand the handling of the entire roster. I main Peach in Melee, but Brawl Peach is like, yeah. So I'll wait for similar reasons.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
As I usually do with fighting games, I'll try to main the random select button. Of course only a few will stick and with the inclusion of for glory mode it seems like I'll have to take maining a character a bit more seriously.

So far :4zss:, :4luigi:and :4greninja: seems to be most fun to play with and will most likely be my mains.
Not yet looking forward to some old mains like :falcon:, :falco: and :diddy: yet. Falcon and Falco played like crap in brawl and the banana shenanigans seems less effective in sped up smash4, so I'll have to see first if they'll be viable this time around. I'll give them a try when the game is out.

Still hoping for :mewtwomelee: and Isaac to be included in ssb4. I'll definitely try to main them if they're in.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
Newcomers:
:4greninja:- I love Ninja characters and he's my favorite Water starter and he looks super fun
:rosalina:- Because she is better than Peach in every way :troll:
:4littlemac:- Rushdown characters are my cup of tea and looks fun
:4megaman:- The Blue Bomber has been neglected as of late so I'm giving him some love. His moves look sick too.

I'll do Vets later

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
My sig answers the question but 'll explain:

Zard - Very first and favorite Pokemon from my favorite (non-Smash) series of all time, so this is a no-brainer for me. Easily the character I have the most affection for out of anyone else on the Smash roster. I also mained PT in Brawl and Zard in PM so this isn't new for me... No matter how good/bad he ends up being I'll be maining him for sure.

Sheik - My longtime main from my favorite game of all time (Melee). Unlike Zard, I fell in love with Sheik because of her moveset. Ever since I first picked her up in Melee she just felt right to me, and here I am over a decade later still using her in tournaments and stuff. She ended up being terrible in Brawl so I hope she regains her throne as a top tier character again in Smash 4.

WFT - Fell in love with this character as soon as I saw her reveal trailer. She was completely unexpected, yet her inclusion makes perfect sense due to how popular the Wii Fit series is. She's also (IMO) the funniest character the Smash series has seen yet; there's just something I find hilarious about watching the yoga/fitness instructor from hell beating up on the rest of the Nintendo roster. She's kind of like G&W in the sense that she really clashes with the rest of the roster but somehow fits right in. In addition to all of that she looks like a really solid all around character based on what I've seen thus far. Definitely the newcomer that appeals to me the most from both a gameplay and character perspective... Can't wait to try her out.

I'll most likely be adding a couple more to this list as time goes on and more characters are revealed but for now these 3 are definite locks for me.

Last edited:

GreenPhysco

Smash Cadet
My Competitive Main will be Little Mac because of his KO Meter and general Melee style Gameplay which suits me in Competitive play

My Casual Main will be Mega Man because I am a fan of the series,I like the robot master moves, and I am a bandwagoner.

Tackman91

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tackman91
3DS FC
0259-0399-7980
I'm willing to give all non-Olimar characters a chance, but there are some I'll put more effort into being good with than others.

Characters I love (I'm probably gonna play them a lot, even if they end up being terrible):
:4kirby::4dedede::4pit::4wiifit:

Characters I really like (If I'm slightly good/comfortable with them, I'm definitely playing them):
:4luigi::rosalina::4zelda::4pikachu::4zss::4greninja::4megaman::4villager:

TheMiddleVeen

Smash Cadet
I will end up maining Peach and Yoshi again. I loved Yoshi ever since 64. When I saw peach was in melee i had to play as her because she is my favorite Mario character ever. I'm still crossing my fingers that Chrom or Robin are in from FE awakening and if so I will probably try them out and if not I am going to try with Marth.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
It's been a while since I last posted in this thread, and since then, Sheik has been confirmed. I'm still a little disappointed that Sheik and Zelda are separated as while I predominantly use Sheik, I did occasionally change. Sheik looks similar enough to still be a secondary like in past games though.

As of now:
Mains:
Probably Link/Samus, especially if Link plays closer to Melee or better than that

I could see Megaman or Greninja becoming a main though.

Secondaries:
Peach, Sheik, Falcon (once revealed), and potentially Charizard, Villager, or Megaman/Greninja if they don't click quite as well as I'm expecting.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Out of who we already have now:

:4megaman: Look at that arsenal he's brought. Who wouldn't?
:4olimar: I''ve always had great respect for the Pikmin games, so I want to learn how to slavedrive control Pikmin since Brawl.

:4greninja:/:4charizard:Both Greninja and revamped Charizard look especially cool, but will probably be overused to damnation.
:4sonic: I wonder if they boosted his moves since Brawl, and would love if they did so. He was hard to take advantage of in Brawl.
:4dedede:Because penguins.

Knowing me, though, I'll probably go through the whole roster til' I decide who I enjoy.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Here we go

:4rob: My main since brawl

:4pacman: Moveset looks amazing

:4charizard: Charizard was my favorite pokemon (besides mewtwo)

:4dk: I have ben using him since 64

:4miibrawl:/:4miigun:/:4miisword: theres no way i can resist playing as myself (im going to be unbeatable) (also compiles with certain celebiritys and friends and family members i have)

:4duckhunt: Absolutely im going to attempt to main him

:4megaman: Heck yea i thought this would never happen but dreams can come true.

:4sonic: I liked his moves in brawl and a fixed version is fantasic (and hes my second favorite character of all time.)

:4drmario: Welcome back old mario moveset

:4littlemac: Im so attempting to main mac (i also want to see if he has a codec like fox/snake on the arena.)

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
:4robinm:. It's about time Fire Emblem (which is my favorite series) got a character who uses something besides swords.

Other runners up include :4shulk: for having a cool game and a cool fighting style in Smash, :4falcon:, :4ness:, and :4marth: for being my past mains, :4drmario: for returning from the dead, :4samus: because I played a ton of Metroid over the summer, and :4palutena:, :4pacman:, and :4littlemac: for having interesting fighting styles.

Last edited:

Metarai

Smash Apprentice
:4robinm: Since I like his "strategic" play, even if it can be a disadvantage. Still have to try him out though.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Lucina because she's my video game crush since Lym from Fire Emblem 6 (And Cassandra from Soul Calibur)

Robin because I love Fire Emblem and his playstyle looks awesome!

Shulk because he looks awesome and I'm tempted to buy Xenoblade Chronicels to really feel it.

Link because c'mon... And Pit, Palutena, Greninja, MegaMan and Isaac if he gets in... Lol :(

Last edited:

Bobojack

Smash Apprentice
I think its, sorry for insulting, stupid, if you say. My mains are :4megaman::4myfriends::4kirby::4pit::4tlink::4sonic::4villagerf::4wario::4ganondorf::4dk::4drmario::4bowser::4wario2::4wiifit::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss:...

I mean this thread is about your MAIN. IIRC the word(noun) main comes from the word main (main character for example) and not "the characters im going to play". Sorry for being a douchbag and correct me, instead of hating me, if Im wrong.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
megaman because megaman

mega mega megaman

and megaman

and mega meggin' mega megamegaman

Top Bottom