• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will you be maining and why?

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I got this idea from the Project M thread, so answer the above. :3

Marth: I've mained the blue haired prince since Melee, I'm finally ready to become the king!
Rosalina: I've liked her ever since her introduction in Galaxy, I absolutely am ready to play as her!
Little Mac: I love rushdwon characters and Mac seems super fun, plus I can't wait to yell at people for stealing my bike, and then getting in back by beating them to a pulp. ;)
WFT: Abosulutely crazy and seems to be a rushdown character. Me gusta.
Pit: I loved Uprising and the changes to his moveset make him look sooo much better.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
So far it looks like I will be maining Pit, Zelda, and Villager. I also am excited to play as Fox and Link.

Pit and Zelda I love from Brawl and they look improved, so no doubt I will be using them. Villager's attacks just look very unique and I can see myself playing as him. I love his catching/pocketing (or whatever it's called) and throwing back ability the most, and he seems like a character that can shock your friends when you beat them with him, idk. :awesome:

fill

20EggsEggs
I don't think i can really pick who'd i main, i have to play with them all first and see who fits. i have a alot of favorites i play with but to find a main that feels right i have to get my hands on the game and put some hours in. but there are a lot of characters im excited to play due to being new or tweeked.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I have the most interest in Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, and Mac. I will probably revisit Olimar and Peach as well. But I won't know who I am going to main till the game comes out and I find that character that just clicks for me.

Zulyar

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4914-3978-9790
samus as i have every installment, for alts quite a lot of possiblities some of them being shiek/c. falcon/one of the spacies(fox,falco,wolf)/lucario/ganondorf maybe a few more i cant emediatly think of. but i hope samus will be a bit better this time around.

also for unconfirmed characters i'll try advance wars co if added, and golden sun character aswell.

Last edited:

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Villager: Animal Crossing is my favorite series and he looks like a fun character.

Little Mac: Green is my favorite color and his moveset also seems really pro.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I'll still stick to Ness. But Mega Man, Villager, and Little Mac look like fun!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'm going to stick with Olimar and Pit like i did with Brawl for now. I'll need to play with the newcomers before determining anything, but Little Mac looks really fun.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Villager, Rosalina, and Zelda currently.

Assuming Palutena is playable then her as well.

Isaac and Micaiah if I get lucky and they are also playable.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Based on what characters are CURRENTLY revealed, I'm thinking Villager and Olimar. But I'm crossing my fingers for more newcomers that look interesting as well as confirmation of Ivysaur and Lucas. And if Roy is a thing, THAT.

lilt

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it's gonna be good old Captain Falcon. Zero Suit Samus, if she's in. Snake probably won't. Little Mac looks like he could fit my style.

MilkDS_81

Smash Rookie
I'll continue to play fox for this smash, but I will also play a lot of mega man and little mac since I've wanted them in smash for so long!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If we're talking the announced ones, then it's currently Samus. Will be Meta Knight once he's confirmed though. Will be Ridley if he's in.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Obviously, I'll continue to use a lot of my Brawl mains: Kirby, Peach, Olimar, Toon Link, King Dedede, Diddy Kong, and Wario (assuming he will return).
I'm thinking I'll probably use Pit more often, because I loved uprising and his new moveset looks good.
As for newcomers, I'm definitely excited for Villager and Rosalina - those two, I'm sure I will use quite a lot.
Mega Man also looks like he has a fun play-style, so I'll probably use him a bit too.

(By the way, I original read the title as 'who will you be marrying and why'. I was a tad confused! :chuckle:)

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Aside from ness

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Coulda sworn we had a thread like this, but with more characters so far, it's time for an update.

I'm staying true to Pit and Bowser. They were my mains in Brawl since day 1, and I'm sticking to them regardless of tier placing (I hope I do stay true). If Palutena makes it, she'll be my main as well.

TubbyK

Smash Rookie
will probably main wario (if he gets released) and wii fit trainer is looking very fun so will probably try and play her also :)

Khao

Smash Lord
I have no idea!

When Brawl was about to be released, I was absolutely positive I would be maining Pit, air-focused gameplay (which I always loved), a good projectile, a freaking bow that can be used as dual swords? You can freaking count me in!

But then I ended up mostly playing as Lucas (who I hadn't even considered before playing as him) and Toon Link (even though I didn't really like Young Link in Melee)

I still like playing as Pit, but he's far from my main. He proved that just because I have a favorite character on paper, it doesn't mean they'll be my favorite in practice, so I'm not choosing a main before trying every single character.

Every single newcomer has gotten an "I want to ****ing main that right now" reaction, though, I can't wait to play as them!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'll probably main Sonic like on Brawl and Project M, I really like his combo-esque, quick, hit-and-run game and I'm willing to bet he'll be even better here, I'll probably try to practice with Mario too, and of course Villager, probably Ridley if he's playable.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If we're referring to just the characters shown, then my list of potential mains would be:
Luigi (always been a fan of Mario's moveset, and Luigi still retains some of it)
Megaman (because Megaman)
Villager (moveset)
Olimar (always fascinated me as a character, so I'd love to get better with him)
Little Mac (I love ground oriented characters, and Little Mac fits beautifully)
Toon Link (As much as I like Link, I prefer lighter and faster characters. Good thing we have one!)

If we can bring in unconfirmed characters (veterans only):
Ice Climbers (playstyle mostly)
Mr. Game and Watch (been a fan of him since Brawl)
PKMN Trainer (provided they at least get rid of Stamina)

There's probably more I'm forgetting about.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Link for sure, Marth, Mario, Luigi, Mega Man.

And Little Mac. LOTS of Little Mac.

Edit: Suppose I should actually explain why I want to main these guys.

Link, because he's my favorite game character ever.

Marth, because I really enjoyed him in Brawl.

Mario, because he's Mario.

Luigi, because he's Luigi, and Brawl's engine surprising loves him.

Mega Man, because his reveal cost me my voice.

And Little Mac because I've never seen a character with only *one type* of attack have such a creative, cool, and unique looking moveset.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll probably stick with my usual mains of Ness and Toon Link, and also pick up Little Mac. He looks fun as hell. Might try out Villager and Mega Man too.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I'm afraid to main Marth because of the gameplay change effing up my melee marth, but i'll certainly try it.
If Snake's returning him and mega man are on top of my list for this game.
Oh yeah, i'll probably try little mac. Dat playstyle

Last edited:

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
My mains vary a lot...but I think I'll stick with Fox for a good while. Ever since Project: M I've craved a technical playstyle.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Little Mac because of how awesome his land game looks.

Edit: Little Mac is not the only one I am maining:

Villager: I always wanted to play as an Animal Crossing character.

Toon Link: I like the physics with his moves, plus I like his design.

Mario: Well-rouded fighter, always used him will continue to do so.

Diddy Kong: Is a favorite video game character of mine so I will main him.

Rosalina: I will give her a try, but no promises.

Bowser: I am liking the changes they are making to him, if I like them enough he will be mained.

King Dedede: I liked him in Brawl and hearing about his changes has gotten me thrilled to try out his new tricks.

Pit: Trying out his different moves seem promising.

Last edited:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
My mains are lookin' to be my Melee and Brawl mains Olimar and Mario. Along with Little Mac, Villager or Mega Man. Maybe I'll dabble more in Pit and try out Bowser. But to narrow it down... probably Little Mac, Mega Man, and Olimar :D

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Just like in Brawl, I've already promised myself that I will main a newcomer, and Jigglypuff if shes in. Based off what we've been shown so far, I can't say who I'd pick just yet. Playing with new mechanics really gives you the edge in the early metagame.

Top Bottom