• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will be your "Punching bag"?

Mario161

Smash Cadet
Mario. 2 reasons: 1.He is the perfect "all around" character
2. My friend mains him

Hero_of_Shadows

Smash Cadet
I hate Wario most, but he doesn't even deserve the posistion of punching bag.

So, probably Yoshi.... stupid dinosaur... who my friend mains..

Oh my God, Mario did not come before Pong, etc.

If NES didn't exist, Sega would revitalize the American market.

And if no one revitalized the American market, the PAL and Japanese markets would still exist.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
ROB \ Gay N Watch , because they shouldn't be tharr.
Two characters who, IMO, have no place in Smash, Game&Watch and R.O.B. Only in training mode though, they need to stick at the bottom of my scorelist where they belong.
how embarrassing. You guys must be really behind the times, those characters where some of Nintendo's first, just a clue there.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
Oh my God, Mario did not come before Pong, etc.

If NES didn't exist, Sega would revitalize the American market.

And if no one revitalized the American market, the PAL and Japanese markets would still exist.
Pong wasn't the oldest video game, just what started the trend, like R.O.B. did after the crash. I have already pointed out that R.O.B. played a major part in saving video games, but even if he didn't something/someone else would've... saying that r.o.b. lacks importance because anything could've revived games is untrue, if jhonny eats the last cookie he should still get in trouble, regaurdless of whether sue,bob, and joe would've eaten it had he not...

Point?

Nintendo gets credit for reviving it first.

Not for being the only force that could revive it.

The only scenario that exists is Gaming - Mario = -Nintendo, not -Gaming.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Sonic and Toon Link, my least favorite characters in the game :(
Perhaps Mario as well if I'm looking for a standard character for technical purposes and such...

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
the hardest characters until i can destroy them highest lv when their are 3 then move onto another like i did melee.
Good ole link killing 3 lv 9 marths is kew u should watch!

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Apparently so because you've been told millions of times why ROB deserves praise. No one is getting emotional, you just need to stop being a pure ***got.

You call me a ***got through the safety of the internet, but you would never dare say that to my face in person. Spewing insults just because someone disagrees with you, makes you look like a fool.

But I'll say it again, ROB DID, yes DID save the gaming industry. The gaming industry went down into a crash in the early eighties and retailers across the whole USA basically wanted to get rid or prevent any gaming system possible to be sold so they don't bomb again. However, with the release with the NES, NoA knew clearly that retailers won't sell their product. So they used to whole ROB gimmick that came with the NES in the States and made it more like a toy rather than a gaming system, which pretty much got retailers to sell the system because robotic toys and scifi things were basically all the rage back in the 80's (meaning that ROB would sell).

And guess what? He did, he sold very well as people bought NESes just to play with ROB, which lead to the popularity of many many NES games in the States.

So without ROB or the existence of ROB, Nintendo wouldn't be big at all period, nor would many games exist today (a lot of Nintendo games were made because of the popularity of the series in the Western world, like Zelda II). It's just a simple fact that any normal person would know. Denying it just makes you a **** who doesn't know what he's talking about.

I don't give a rats *** about Nintendo's history, all of that has been whined out to me before, minus the absolutist statements. Next time spare yourself the trouble of typing an essay, and spend more time comprehending my post - its obvious that you didn't.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
Point?

Nintendo gets credit for reviving it first.

Not for being the only force that could revive it.

The only scenario that exists is Gaming - Mario = -Nintendo, not -Gaming.
this is untrue gaming - mario= -mario games and spinoffs.......... A long time ago nintendo and sega owned the gaming market, nintendo wouldn't have died without mario,

Smash Ace
Snake, particularly with Pikachu (to prove to to all the MGS fans who REALLY is boss)
Marth, because I did it in Melee, and I'm still not too fond of the whole Marth over Roy bit
Link, because unlike everybody and their dog, I don't salivate over him
Peach, because the sky is blue
and perhaps Olimar because I want to see how that would work...

so yeah.
=2007=

You're dancing around the point.

If Nintendo didn't come to America with Mario and company, Sega would have come with Alex Kidd and company. The only difference is that Sega would dominate the industry. Everything would have happened pretty normally. Sony and MS still would have come to the industry eventually.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
You're dancing around the point.

If Nintendo didn't come to America with Mario and company, Sega would have come with Alex Kidd and company. The only difference is that Sega would dominate the industry. Everything would have happened pretty normally. Sony and MS still would have come to the industry eventually.
I summarily agree, my point wasn't originally to you, and the reason I was "dancing around the point" was because I have a different point to make then you, okay hun?

That's a pretty moot point, and I really do not care what point you are attempting to make.

All Nintendo did was revitalize one part of the industry in one region first. Sega had the means to do it, but Nintendo's bullying tactics prevented them from even being a factor in North America until their monopoly was damaged one gen later.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
That's a pretty moot point, and I really do not care what point you are attempting to make.

All Nintendo did was revitalize one part of the industry in one region first. Sega had the means to do it, but Nintendo's bullying tactics prevented them from even being a factor in North America until their monopoly was damaged one gen later.
gotta love bully tactics, they are very good on the market, right Rockefeller? Oh wait...

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
people can we please stop the whole ROB and gaming stuff?

The character I will use as my punching bag will probably be mario (average guy) and also sonic (pretty fast guy)

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
DK will be my punching bag. I'm gonna chew him for breakfast, run him over with a bike, **** on him, and then my buddy Waluigi gon' stomp him in the nuts.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Probably Marth. Marth or Samus most likely. Wario is a possibility as well if I'm in the mood for a heavy character.

Top Bottom