• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Fephoenix

Smash Cadet
Hey, does anyone know a guy called DrCock? (That was his actual name) He was a really good Falcon player. Sorry. I meant amazing. I just wanted to know if he visited Smashboards because I want to congratulate you. (Also if you were picking up clips for a montage you certainly got one. I almost want to pick up Falcon now XD
(3ds)

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
@North. I will PAY you to make me a better Smash player. I could only beat you once against your Bayo and I'm pretty sure you weren't trying. :(

I am in tears right now. No matter how hard I try EVERYONE is smarter and just plain better than me. Be honest, after 2 years of trying should I give up?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
[Wii U]
GGs and shout out to Bad Boy (a.k.a. "NAJI") who played Greninja and Captain Falcon. I was Tino who played as Cloud.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Just had an excellent 3DS set with someone named Max. He started playing Marth and Lucas and then we both kinda switched around the roster. Good stuff, man!

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
3DS
A couple days ago (I think thursday), I had a couple matches with someone called Rebel who used Falco really well. Good games man, I was GiraDio who iirc used Lucina ( can't remember if i used anyone else).

About an hour ago I finished up a lengthy series of matches with a guy called E A G. Dear E A G, if you ever see this, I was GiraDio the Ganondorf/Lucina/Falcon player though I did switch to Palu once but swapped back to lucina), and i am thanking you for such a long amount of matches that were enjoyable, fun, well-played on both our parts (except for the times I accidentally SD'ed), and educational (I still have no idea how I pulled off the falling up air to up tilt spike with Falcon). So, E A G, THANK YOU.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
On Sunday, I battled a Unicorn with the "R" and "N" backwards with the "I'm stoopid" Smash name, NNID SG9000. Your FemCorrin is pretty good. I don't think I'm good at all, but I know you destroyed my Greninja, who I'm thinking about maining. I think I won with Kirby and Meta Knight. If you're on here, you played good games. It was fun losing and winning against ya. My Mii and Smash name is BSE.

Last edited:

Kaytu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2079-8987-9930
Just had some amazing Pika dittos on the 3DS with LilMisLink. I don't have much experience playing against Pika, so it was nice to get some practice in with a more skilled opponent, and I learned a lot from our matches. Your edge guarding is amazing and I hope I can reach your caliber some day . I hope to see you again!

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
On Sunday, I battled a Unicorn with the "R" and "N" backwards with the "I'm stoopid" Smash name, NNID SG9000. Your FemCorrin is pretty good. I don't think I'm good at all, but I know you destroyed my Greninja, who I'm thinking about maining. I think I won with Kirby and Meta Knight. If you're on here, you played good games. It was fun losing and winning against ya. My Mii and Smash name is BSE.
That is The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That sounds really familiar...

Yeah, it's-a me :)

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
Earlier until about midnight, i was playing a player named Luis from california on the 3ds version (ot sure how many luis there are out there) and he completely out played me. I just wish he wouldn't have been jumping around the roster so i could possibly try to play better against him. He had alot of reads when playing and punished my airdodges consistently. I ended up rage quitting because in the last match he played lucina against my marth (im so tired of the fire emblem character matchups.) and at last stock i ended up getting killed by down tilt at the edge. I was the Marth player named Game. Great games, you're very good and i hope maybe we can play again.

Last edited:

NewZen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NewZen41
A couple of notable players I ran into tonight after a long hiatus from FG (Roughly 6 Months worth...l_l):

-DrBanner: Plays a green Ganon and has some good knowledge with him against a rusty-as-hell MegaMan user. Taunts a lot, spoke **** during the tags screen, but I just wanted to play another match with the guy-sent me a Friend Request, though, which I accepted because, eh? U's dead.

-Sub-Par: Plays Falcon and Mario, knows the basics of crossing one up with each character and is a total bro (Taunts after KO's all day from the both of us).

-Betanick: Plays Sonic and understands truly what it means to bait an approach with Spin Dash set-ups and the like, although he needs to work on his offstage play (Suicides are easy to do with D-Air).

-Mecco(El(69)~Mecco, I believe): Had a fantastic Mario and Sonic that were both a blast to fight against, though I managed to take every match we had.

GG's to you all, gents.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
[Wii U]
Shout out to Pat, using the tag "Rock", who played a variety of characters like Donkey Kong, Ike, Mega Man, Corrin and others. Awesome matches, my man. :)

I was Tino who played Rosalina and Falco, which I'm awful with. lol

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Played some good games against "Luca" and "Key" on WiiU. The former played a variety of characters, but the latter strictly played Peach and did a very respectable job thrashing me in dittos. It was great practice and I can only hope to play again someday!

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
Good games to the following players that have stood out amongst the rest that I played, wywyw and sharrrk. A good Ryu and Robin mains that kept me on my toes across all of our matches. You two players are what made me realize how fun it was to play Smash 4 again. Footsies for days!

I usually have the tags "Mazda RX-7" for Bowser Jr and "Honda CBR" for Wario.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Rran

Smash Apprentice
*3DS version*

Played about a dozen or so rounds with some guy named Paul--he primarily used Roy, but occasionally swapped to ZSS... GREAT matches!

I was Palutena (with a little bit of Lucas and Villager), and every fight was pretty much neck and neck. Sadly, I've reached replay capacity and couldn't save any of our duels, but those rounds were easily some of the best matches I've had on For Glory (and it certainly helped to wipe away a bit of the bitter taste from the plethora of online taunters and teabaggers).

So thanks for the good times in Smash, Paul--hope to battle again someday!

Seneca

Smash Rookie
If anybody on here is Jd/CivilianX, thank you for the great matches! I would've stayed longer, but one of my roommates wanted to face me. I was under the tag SpiDeR and mainly played the black yoshi, orange mewtwo and grey bowser. I do have to apologize for the matches I played with blue charizard and duck hunt, also a few other matches that weren't too great for me. I was very distracted by that point. I had fun and hope to battle again sometime!

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I fought a really good Pac-Man Named Crayons, he had a run for my money honestly, had lots of great matches and he generally showed me how scary a Pac-Main can be.

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
@Wariuzza on 3DS. The first round of Wario dittos was fun, but then you had to sandbag me by constantly switching characters. I know I'm a bad player, please don't mock me for it when I'm trying my best to do better ;(

Egghead

Smash Apprentice
@Wariuzza on 3DS. The first round of Wario dittos was fun, but then you had to sandbag me by constantly switching characters. I know I'm a bad player, please don't mock me for it when I'm trying my best to do better ;(
Switching is not mocking, it is testing out other characters.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
Switching is not mocking, it is testing out other characters.
Look that's not always the case. The problem with switching characters every match is that it inhibits the opponents learning. The problem is switching EVERY MATCH. There is nothing wrong with switching characters every few matches. But he personally felt that this person was mocking him and saying "no matter who i play you suck". Not every situation is the same of course so don't discredit him just because you disagree.

Egghead

Smash Apprentice
Look that's not always the case. The problem with switching characters every match is that it inhibits the opponents learning. The problem is switching EVERY MATCH. There is nothing wrong with switching characters every few matches. But he personally felt that this person was mocking him and saying "no matter who i play you suck". Not every situation is the same of course so don't discredit him just because you disagree.
Yeah, I apologize for just stating that and nothing else, that was a bit rude, my apologies ItsASquid ItsASquid .

Smog753

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1676-3692-5783
FG is depressing sometimes but it's good practice, way better than cpus, and better than playing against the same few people all the time because you're exposed to all sorts of things. I play everyone I find on FG until they leave or I have to stop playing, no matter the character, playstyle or attitude. I never taunt, except to communicate gratitude to the other person (I pick Mario, I do the hat taunt then I SD and leave) or to let them know that this is the last game (I don't want people to think that I waited until I won to leave, so I'll start the match with whatever taunt seems more respectful then I'll leave regardless of the result once the match is done). I don't do this unless that person has earned my respect, and they do that by staying even if they win and not hiding the characters they win with. I prefer that they stay as that character for at least two games in a row if they win the first, but some people have a set order so they'll pick A, B, then C and then repeat that pattern so I know eventually I'll get another chance. I understand because I've done this too, to keep my
characters fresh in memory, because otherwise after playing for hours with only one character when I switch it takes me a couple games to get back in the proper mindset for the character. The vast majority of people on FG don't earn my respect. Most of them leave after winning just once even if I have been playing them for 20 games straight. Some will lose to me 10 times in a row then beat me 2 or 3 times and leave. The ones that get 2-stocked over and over leave after they manage to kill me once, some even SD right after they get that kill to get out of there even quicker and have "the last word in the argument". Others lose to me 10 times in a row then switch characters and then never play that character again or come back to the character only after they've lost to me with every other character they play. Some will choose the same character as me or a character that counters mine. Most of the people that do this will leave right after, win or lose. So if I'm playing a projectile character they'll pick someone with a reflector, if I'm playing a close combat character they'll pick a projectile character and run away most of the match. The worst are the ones that beat me on the very first game and then reject me, and I know it's rejection because sometimes I'll find them again and they always back out.

I understand that sometimes you just have to go, because it happens to me too, and I feel bad whenever I have to leave someone hanging. When I lose to someone I want to play them more in order to learn, so when people lose to me I stay and rarely switch characters so they can learn. Most of the time people win a few (very few in comparison to how many I won before) then immediately leave. I continue to stay when people lose to me because it's the honorable thing to do even if the favor is very rarely returned. Do all these people just suddenly have to stop playing? Do the ones that switch always do it for variety's sake? My experience tells me it's ego ("You're not worth my time scrub" or "This guy could have beaten
me, better dip and keep the positive record" which is just stupid) and petty revenge ("get rekt") most of the time. It's happened so much that I'm starting to think, mid-match, "This guy plays annoying, if he wins he's gone" or "This one seems reasonable" and I'm getting better at making that prediction. So if you're feeling like people in FG are trying to mock you or get back at you, they most likely are. They all seem to think similarly, just from playing them you get the feeling that they're arrogant. It's a good idea to practice against these players so you're ready the next time they try their bull on you. You get someone who taunts after every kill, or even mid-match after you've been hit far enough to give them time, I don't think you should taunt back at them, they probably get a kick out of that. You think they deserve to be mocked just like they mock you, I think what you're doing is validating them. Just kill them nonchalantly and stay so if they wanna keep trying you'll get practice against them and since they think similarly you get better at dealing with them regardless of who they use and eventually you'll lose to stupid play less and less. It's pretty sad and it doesn't speak well about people's attitudes that it's so hard to find someone who has the fighting spirit but is also level-headed and honorable. I guess a lot of them are kids. It's always frustrating to lose to someone who seems immature but winning at games has nothing to do with maturity, so this isn't just smash being a kid's game.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
Ok after playing several roy players in a row i was matched with giovanni. a roy player who basicaly waited, baited, and used the combos he had. While i partly enjoyed playing against a good player, i also didnt enjoy our matches because of the nature of his playstyle. I was the marth player named Game.

Nah

Smash Champion
Ok after playing several roy players in a row i was matched with giovanni. a roy player who basicaly waited, baited, and used the combos he had. While i partly enjoyed playing against a good player, i also didnt enjoy our matches because of the nature of his playstyle. I was the marth player named Game.
What's wrong with his playstyle?

Last edited:

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
What's wrong with his playstyle?
like i said he was very wait and bait. i just didn't enjoy that aspect. he didn't go for anything besides his throw combos or his jab combos. nothing wrong with that i just personally didn't enjoy that part of our matches. while they were good matches, generally close, i won a couple he won a couple, it just wasnt 100% fun. so acknowledge him but i wanted him to know (if hes on here) that i wish he would have played overall better. being extremely patient and safe just isnt that fun to fight against, however if both opponents are constantly on the attack and constantly adapting as they play its that much more fun to me. lots of perfect sheilding good punishes and such on both sides. but thats just me and what i like to fight against.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I am in tears right now. No matter how hard I try EVERYONE is smarter and just plain better than me. Be honest, after 2 years of trying should I give up?
I just encountered a guy name John who seemed to have trained exclusively in the very best ways to be a richard about things. First game was the classic Rosalina wall of Luma nonsense, where you simply can't get in due to the little guy being their every time you try. Then we had the major **** move of "oh hey, you play Kirby, guess I'll go ditto and shield into downthrow literally everything you do". Bayonetta air combos for 40-50%. Then projectile camping to bait witch time triggers. Then Jiggs. Then Jiggs some more. Then Jiggs short hop resting out of shield to prove that there was literally no way to succeed in that match up.
All interspersed with random moments where I went from 40+% up to a stock down for practically no reason.

He was good. Just felt very much like he was being an utter asshole about it.

I now know the above feeling completely :( :( :(.

Last edited:

Aaron49143

Smash Rookie
I'm a competitive player, but I litterally give 0 craps about my fg record [mine is only 42%]. It's just a percentage of what you won, not that it shows if you have a percentage of 60% you're a god of smash. I've seen many streamers with good percentages but they really aren't that good. Either way no one else will see that percentage...

VizionarY

Smash Cadet
NNID
nntnendogamer511
3DS FC
5172-3207-3782
I'm a competitive player, but I litterally give 0 craps about my fg record [mine is only 42%]. It's just a percentage of what you won, not that it shows if you have a percentage of 60% you're a god of smash. I've seen many streamers with good percentages but they really aren't that good. Either way no one else will see that percentage...
well I mean unless someone spectates you in spectate mode... (see Nairo's Bets it all series; you'll see people's win percentates be 100% and they'll lose) Anyway even if someone were to spectate your match in spectate mode it doesn't matter tbh...

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
@Bonk!

I think that's who it was. Wii U version. You played DHD the whole time and I was Lucas. Our connection was super smooth and you were really challenging but I had to go...would have liked to have continued. I added you as a friend, you should accept so we can play again sometime. I sort of dropped DHD as a main some time ago but playing you made me remember how fun it could be.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I know this guy in person, lol. He goes to a lot of the Dallas local tourneys with me and sometimes plays Roy. He's a real cool dude.

Unless this is a completely different giovanni who also plays roy

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
I know this guy in person, lol. He goes to a lot of the Dallas local tourneys with me and sometimes plays Roy. He's a real cool dude.

Unless this is a completely different giovanni who also plays roy
it was on 3ds

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
[Wii U]
Had some fun and awesome matches with this guy named Emmanuel for like an hour or so, who played as various characters. Good games, man. :)

I was Tino who also played various characters, including my two mains Rosalina and Cloud.

Last edited:

MaskedMyster

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheEz2
3DS FC
3883-6009-1782
Switch FC
SW-6621-2878-6496
(Wii U)

Fought two good players on FG earlier, with the names Dank_DDD and Gibran.
Dank had a really good Mario and Sheik (which is surprisingly rare) and was good fun to fight against as well. Shame he bailed after a few consecutive losses.

Now Gibran was a very respectful player, and stuck around a good while.
He had an alright Mario, a solid Luigi, and a absolutely destructive Lucas. I don't praise players all that often, but fighting someone who actually knew how to use Lucas and didn't just dthrow-nair-nair the whole game was really fun and refreshing.

If either of them are on here, I was tagged Masked and used Dedede, Luigi (against Dank only) and Ike (against Gibran only)

jojojo253

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0318-6722-3688
About a week ago I played a against a guy named nick who played captain falcon among several other characters, but mainly falcon. we had some great matches and played for like 50 games and it was some great fun, so nick if your reading this, My name was Jordan and I was playing shulk nearly every match.

Top Bottom