• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Hooray! I FINALLY played someone I've seen on here. Good games, Metalex Metalex !

Oh whoops. Forgot my tag isn't in my 3DS info anymore. I was red Mega Man and blue Ness. You were Mewtwo, Bowser Jr., and ROB.
Yo Good games!! I have never played against such a skilled Megaman player, was really fun :) Would be awesome to play more again sometime.

Last edited:

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
Yo Good games!! I have never played against such a skilled Megaman player, was really fun :) Would be awesome to play more again sometime.
Thanks! We definitely should. I was so surprised when you spaced that Bowser Jr. upb attack kill around my dtilt. Not used to finding such good competition on FG.

Last edited:

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Thanks! We definitely should. I was so surprised when you spaced that Bowser Jr. upb attack kill around my dtilt. Not used to finding such good competition on FG.
Yeah it was really hard to avoid your Dtilt on the ledge so i figured it was the only thing i could do to safely get around it. Didn't expect it to KO though so i was a bit surprised too! haha

I'll PM you sometime so we can play again!

Last edited:

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Had some very good matches on the 3DS with a user by the name of mkwshaun. After playing one round of his Luigi vs my Lucario, he played Lucario dittos with me (he was light blue, I was dark blue) and I would be very interested in knowing this man, for we had excellent games! My name is Quick on the 3DS, and I also was secondarying cowboy (red, white, and blue) Sheik when you picked Little Mac and other characters towards the end.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yesterday, I fought a really REALLY good :4samus:, a norwegian if I recall well, named Raw. I was :4zelda: (as usual).

Very good spacing, reads, baits... Definitely the best Samus I fought so far.

Ferox

Smash Rookie
Yesterday, I fought a really REALLY good :4samus:, a norwegian if I recall well, named Raw. I was :4zelda: (as usual).

Very good spacing, reads, baits... Definitely the best Samus I fought so far.
Thats me! Yes you remember correctly Nico.:) Always nice to see people post my nickname here, so thank you for that.
You appearently were the first person I fought when I got out of For Glory hell, so I was a little impatience when playing.:smash: Was fun matches tho. I keep running into Zelda mains who play good on For Glory.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Thats me! Yes you remember correctly Nico.:) Always nice to see people post my nickname here, so thank you for that.
You appearently were the first person I fought when I got out of For Glory hell, so I was a little impatience when playing.:smash: Was fun matches tho. I keep running into Zelda mains who play good on For Glory.
Yep, Nico!

Again, you were really good. I sometimes think that you played with me, or my defenseless body, as if you tried things. That's what I felt at least :laugh: But that Samus is really on point.

I was hoping that the "finally!" tag wasn't rude after winning once, but followed with "you are" and "very good", I guess it's cool ;)

And at least you find some Zeldas. I don't encounter much in For Glory, but in For Fun doubles, a lot... And they spam Din.

Ferox

Smash Rookie
Yep, Nico!

Again, you were really good. I sometimes think that you played with me, or my defenseless body, as if you tried things. That's what I felt at least :laugh: But that Samus is really on point.

I was hoping that the "finally!" tag wasn't rude after winning once, but followed with "you are" and "very good", I guess it's cool ;)

And at least you find some Zeldas. I don't encounter much in For Glory, but in For Fun doubles, a lot... And they spam Din.
Thanks for the compliment.:) I still am lacking in terms of consistency, but as long as the online connection does not **** with my inputs I can generally do pretty well. What you are saying about me trying out stuff on you is not exactly wrong, I do treat For Glory like my lab, and felt like I understod how you were playing. Not like it helped me on that last stock in the last match were you reflected my charge shot into my face.:joyful:

I would not have thought of the tag as rude, certaintly not after you said I was good. Wantet to write thanks after the match but since you quickly pressed start I just hurried along.

Most Zeldas looove their Din explosion, usually I just full jump fast fall zair at the start vs Zeldas, treating them like a ROB if they insist on playing like a stationary turret. You on the other hand kept running into the middle for stage-control which threw me off a few times.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Thanks for the compliment.:) I still am lacking in terms of consistency, but as long as the online connection does not **** with my inputs I can generally do pretty well. What you are saying about me trying out stuff on you is not exactly wrong, I do treat For Glory like my lab, and felt like I understod how you were playing. Not like it helped me on that last stock in the last match were you reflected my charge shot into my face.:joyful:

I would not have thought of the tag as rude, certaintly not after you said I was good. Wantet to write thanks after the match but since you quickly pressed start I just hurried along.

Most Zeldas looove their Din explosion, usually I just full jump fast fall zair at the start vs Zeldas, treating them like a ROB if they insist on playing like a stationary turret. You on the other hand kept running into the middle for stage-control which threw me off a few times.
Ahah, I saw the charge shot coming after taking it a few times! There was mutual comprehension of the playstyle and variations, that's what was interesting! Despite sticking to our mains, it wasn't repetitive.

And the taunt was enough for the "thanks"!

Personally, I tend to love the phantom over Din. This move is really underrated IMO. But with your spacing, I clearly had to adapt!

Ferox

Smash Rookie
Ahah, I saw the charge shot coming after taking it a few times! There was mutual comprehension of the playstyle and variations, that's what was interesting! Despite sticking to our mains, it wasn't repetitive.

And the taunt was enough for the "thanks"!

Personally, I tend to love the phantom over Din. This move is really underrated IMO. But with your spacing, I clearly had to adapt!
Yeah it is as you say with playstyles and variation, that special feeling of fighting the person, and not the character is what makes it enjoyable.
The phantom is basically Shovel Knight with the way it scoopes the opponent up lol.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yeah it is as you say with playstyles and variation, that special feeling of fighting the person, and not the character is what makes it enjoyable.
The phantom is basically Shovel Knight with the way it scoopes the opponent up lol.
Hyrule Knight! It's kinda this, yes.

But despite liking this move, it's not that effective against Samus' floatiness. I really am not used to that.

Twewy

Smash Lord
@Dippy , you on here? Your Bowser is damn good.

Btw, I didn't mean any disrespect switching to Sonic after you played him. I dabble in him a bit and wanted to try him out.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Some weeks back, I played against someone named 'Deebo'.

Not sure if he is a member here but the way he played out was great. I had trouble to keep up at times and others I was impressed of what I could potentially do against an opponent so fast. My reflexes and tricks on point even.

Got to say, one the latest players I'm glad to have played with, he was really good.

His :4sonic: and :4zss: were truly something to be reckoned with.

Krüstburger

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1607-4084-5822
(3DS) I played some matches with a Pikachu by the name Shamaloka. I think he doesn't exist ANYMORE. HAHAHAHA!

By the way, just wanted to say hi and generally good games to the people I played with, if they are here. I was on for glory 3DS for a long time with the name Krüst (mostly Falcon), today I play more occasionnaly on FG.

I know that I played with some pearls who posts here (metalbro, MOM). Impressive people.

Peff

Smash Cadet
Shout out to Jihnsu with the tag "..." that I'm playing right now. Most fun falcon dittos I've ever played.

Apparently an insane yoshi too.

Last edited:

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Shoutouts to a player on the 3DS named Eriika. Some insanely close and intense :4rob: dittos I've seen so far.

I know I gotta be more wary of ROB's nair myself when going against it.

The one thing I highly recommend you to do is to learn the Gyro setups at the ledge (Gyro -> dair spike or Gyro -> up smash). Though not 100% reliable (doesn't exactly cover every ledge option), it's valuable to apply when you're doing mixups. Heck, you could've done Gyro -> dair spike on me if you knew!

link2702

Smash Champion
@ThisGuy240 (i'm assuming it's you since your avy is fox)

might I suggest not acting so arrogant and cocky mid-match? save it for after the match. you know, when the actual winner is decided ;)

all your perfect pivot taunts and attitude got you, was a report, two losses one against my falcon the other against my link, and a block. I'll admit you did some neat things, and you did two stock my ryu(who i only use for gits and shiggles FYI ) but you trying to show off your perfect pivot's so much just ended up costing you, as all I needed with my falcon and link was straightfoward strategies.

Again, show a bit more respect mid-match next time ok?

Twewy

Smash Lord
@ThisGuy240 (i'm assuming it's you since your avy is fox)

might I suggest not acting so arrogant and cocky mid-match? save it for after the match. you know, when the actual winner is decided ;)

all your perfect pivot taunts and attitude got you, was a report, two losses one against my falcon the other against my link, and a block.
I don't like cocky players either, but truth be told the report button is not for that kind of thing.

link2702

Smash Champion
I don't like cocky players either, but truth be told the report button is not for that kind of thing.
It's not for salty players reporting someone for losing either but it still happens. Frequently I might add. Nintendos report system is broken, and you might as well exploit the hell out of it just like everyone else till Nintendo gets the message that it needs to be overhauled and fixed.

abx

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo doesn't. Don't pretend like you're achieving some kind of change. You're part of the reason why it would need an overhaul, not a part of the solution for the problem. I'm so tired of people taking completely arbitrary actions as insults and instantly going for the safe space button just because they're salty.

While I'm at it: kudos to Dale from I-don't-know. It's cool to get beaten up by a sick Olimar-player.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Nintendo doesn't. Don't pretend like you're achieving some kind of change. You're part of the reason why it would need an overhaul, not a part of the solution for the problem. I'm so tired of people taking completely arbitrary actions as insults and instantly going for the safe space button just because they're salty.

While I'm at it: kudos to Dale from I-don't-know. It's cool to get beaten up by a sick Olimar-player.
First off I only lost to the guy once I beat him the other 2 times, and I didn't report him for that one. Second, the part in bold is is my point, if enough people exploit it, which in turn forces more to get banned unjustly, and therefore causes more complaints directed towards Nintendo, then they HAVE to do something and fix the system.

:troll: so actually I am part of the solution, by getting more in ban land unjustly, more will be vocal about just how broken nintendos current system is and force changed to be made

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
L link2702 I didn't play this guy, but I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't have reported him if all he did was PPing between stocks. A lot of players PP or dash dance in between stocks. I feel like this is either out of habit or because they are trying to practice those movements. Hell, if you were to play me, you'd probly see me doing a lot of c-bouncing in between stocks. It wouldn't be a taunt, it would just be me trying to charge needles and practice a tech that I haven't fully incorporated into my game yet.

EDIT: It doesn't even matter if he gave off a "cocky" attitude throughout the match. If you don't like, do something about by beating him again and again. Trust me, they'll lose that attitude eventually.

Wait a sec... Based on your newer messages it seems you've gone from using the PP's to justify your report to saying that the real reason you reported him is because you want to change Nintendo's reporting system??? You can be a lot more productive by writing a letter to Nintendo. In any case, I've hit the ignore button on your profile. I'm pretty sure this isn't the first thread I've seen you derail.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I do admit that I sometimes used the report button abusively, mainly on people that were definitely here to just ruin your day (the "let waste 5 minutes of your live by running away and taunting" type for example), but reporting a dash dancing or pivoting guy?

While I find this annoying, when it's not in the opponent actual playstyle, it's just a movement. It's not more offensive than me sitting with Zelda: just more "look at mah skills".

If you think that you are part of the solution by reporting, it's only because you also are the problem.

link2702

Smash Champion
Pp taunts, as in taunting immediately during the pp. every taunt he did, even when he didn't ko me was done from a pp to show off, if he was just practicing his PP's every chance he got, that'd be different, but he was deliberately using it as a way to taunt and show off. And FYI, even during the reveal of the report sytem, IIRC sakurai mentions how it's there to try and stop poor sportsmanship(among other things) on other players, and his actions could definitely be taken as such, which mean's i was justified in reporting him.

And not that it matters since you ignored me, but I haven't "derailed " a topic in quite some time specifically since a fiasco with admiral pit on the pit on the pit boards for brawl, and that was well over 2 years ago. Most of the time I've posted or lurked the wifi boards here and posted ON TOPIC in threads where people were complaining about being in ban land and all I mentioned was how disappointed I was in nintendos broken system.

Nintendo's current system is broken, and there are only a handful of ways you're gonna force some changes to it, such as complaining to nintendo, and abusing the hell out of the current one until they have to fix it. But staying quiet about it and doing nothing, gets us nowhere. Look at this very board and see how many people who've already been sent to banland have complained to nintendo, whether they were sent there fairly or not. Those who haven't been there, even when they know the system is broken and exploitable as hell, don't do anything.

the only way the issue can be pushed to the front. is if it's exploited further to the point where nintendo HAS to address it.

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Ran into Shippo from Florida on 3DS last night. Had some good duels and enjoyed the fights. The Fox game was powerful with this one. If anyone knows his/her Smashboards tag, let me know!

Last edited:

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Zerocakes Zerocakes Wow i fought you again today on the 3DS version haha! Funny how we have met each other 3 or 4 times completely randomly! Fun to fight your Villager as always.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
@Noctetto, thanks for the games! Your Pikachu and Lucas are pretty good, and your Ness was alright too. You were pretty fun to play.

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
I had a lot of fun matches on doubles FG with a Peach/Zelda player called "alphaY". We had a ditto Peach match where we got a kill ahead of the other team and just glided around for the rest of the game. :grin:

NewZen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NewZen41
Shoutout to 3 players, all on the Wii-U:

-Nel-:4sheik:player. Guy had the basics down and we went 1/1, but both were great matches.

-.GOV-:4lucario:,:4peach:, and :4falcon: player. A couple of lag spikes here and there, but his Falcon was solid, plus his Peach had good stage control.

-wut?-:4zss: and :4robinm: player. Probably the most aggressive ZSS I've ever had the pleasure of facing, as his aerial game was fantastic and his mix-ups were on point. His Robin also had my sitting on the edge on my computer chair.

GG's to all you. :D

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Looking for a player on the Wii U with the tag "NSYNC" (don't remember the Mii name unfortunately) who used Master Belch Ness. Great player with the PK Fire traps and general use of PK Thunder. I was going random so my performance fluctuated, but the most memorable match was one with Bowser vs. Ness where Ness was about to die and I tried to style by Bowser Bombing during the ending sequence but ended up dying a split second before Ness did and lost the match. I was laughing hard afterward. My Mii name was Atoyont and my tag Kofu.

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
Zerocakes Zerocakes Wow i fought you again today on the 3DS version haha! Funny how we have met each other 3 or 4 times completely randomly! Fun to fight your Villager as always.
Haha yes i know right? Thanks for the games! Even though the lag was a bit off-putting. I enjoyed playing against your falcon too :D

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Played against a Shulk player named William on 3DS. It was really cool seeing someone who actually played the character well and knew to use Monado and setups effectively.

Good set, man. I had a lot of fun. Keep repping the Shulk!

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Played with some guy named Isaiah on 3DS who used Bowser, Mewtwo and i think Game&Watch. Dude was really good especially that Mewtwo with the jab dtilt setups. His mii phrase was "Go back to Melee"

Best matches I had on FG for a long time. I was the Red Falcon/DK/Luigi/Marth/Ganon/Ryu/Jigs player who went by Metalbro. GGs

Twewy

Smash Lord
REALLY good games to @Geo on 3DS. You're pretty good, and our matches where we kept rotating the roster were great.

Top Bottom