• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
I played a guy on 3ds who easily could've been a tourney player named lemonade. I played Jiggs the whole time, and It went 1-1 (2-0 me of there was no sudden death). He played Greninja. GGs

Travitoninja99

Smash Cadet
NNID
ΩZero
Switch FC
SW-7339-8935-1294
Awesome back n forths to a good competitive and fun player named ovr Ven on the 3DS. Really fun and competitive matches, great fundamentals and skills, hit me up if you see this!

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
Great games on 3ds with a player named TodPB (I think). your name sounds familiar for some reason. But every character you played (diddy and zss especially) was superb, you're a great respectful player and I enjoyed every match! I was Morgan and played villager and lucas mostly.

Nah

Smash Champion
Fought somebody a bit ago on the Wii U who went by "Animals!?" and AnimalsColi or something like that. I played :4littlemac: the very first match but then stuck with :4robinf: for the rest of them. Your :4yoshi: and :4kirby: were really good yo (not so much your :4falcon:)! Those B-reverses man. I actually kinda enjoyed those matches.

....though it seemed you were getting slightly annoyed with me at the end there, when you changed your name to "CAMP CITY". I'm sorry but I had to get all defensive like that just to even have a shot at beating you :sadeyes: Robin don't beat Yoshi and Kirby in close combat

I would like to fight you again sometime

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
GGs to a guy named Chud on Wii U your Falcon is really good, excellent use of dance-trots. We played for a while (maybe 20 or so games) and had some cool Falcon dittos before I switched to Meta Knight. I had a lot of fun. If you happen to see this I sent you a friend request, I'd love to fight you again.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Good games to Ennosuke (3DS) ! I've fought you before, but happened to battle you again just now.

If you're on smashboards, let's play sometime.

RWB

Smash Ace
Just played an excellent player called Ellie. I was the guy who played mostly Meta-Knight, and my name was RWB[SF]

Twewy

Smash Lord
3DS, and I think his name was (V)Woof? He was playing a good Diddy, but ended up having to leave our first match real quick and lost connection second match .

fauxchienne

Smash Cadet
NNID
erionduro
Just met a "Sage" on 3ds, most fun ive had in this game in a while. My name was "Griffith" and we started with link dittos and i taught(?) you how to throw a bomb on the wall, catch it with a dair, and still recover. then we played another thousand games with many characters lol. GG's!!! too bad it started lagging at the end

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Just met a "Sage" on 3ds, most fun ive had in this game in a while. My name was "Griffith" and we started with link dittos and i taught(?) you how to throw a bomb on the wall, catch it with a dair, and still recover. then we played another thousand games with many characters lol. GG's!!! too bad it started lagging at the end
Your username..... don't you go by the name of faux on 3ds? If so, i think we've met on FFA on 3ds.

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
Went through my replays from August, and man I swear the quality of players on for glory has gone up. I kept running into tourney caliber players who had pretty good internet connection.Really just want to thank all of these guys for the many games and helping me get better. I was experimenting with new controller settings and most likely used the tags Rye-yun or Edgehog btw.

Weavile493: We played a lot of games together. I played some Puff and Sonic, but mostly Sheik. You are easily one of the best Pika’s I’ve ever played. You played a mean Yoshi and Toon Link too. I felt like I could keep up with them, but got my ass handed to me whenever you went Pika. Thanks for sticking around though, it was a good learning experience.

CG☆Flash: Really good Kirby and DDD player. I struggled against your DDD at first which really took me back because I knew the MU is so heavily in Sheik’s favor. I adapted as we played more games, but was still getting frustrated because you managed to squeak out a win in each of our last few even though I would tack on at least 100% more damage on you over the course of the game. Sheik problems lol, but I think a large part of it was you knowing how to avoid my kill setups.

Bubemarth: If you’re reading this, I WANT A REMATCH! Went Sanic for most of our matches. Your Robin was doing a lot of cool things that I hadn’t seen before. I got featured on his youtube channel and not in a good way lol. Not gonna lie, it was an embarrassing moment, but totally self-inflicted. Our sonic/robin matches were close and I was starting to read you hard in those last two games. I was disappointed that you left after landing that highlight reel spike.

To anyone else who is reading this, check it out for lols: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABdw1G6HQtw
Summary: For some very stupid reason I didn't think that he expended his double jump. He was on his last stock, and as good as dead, but I chased him, proceeded to fall below him and then up-B'd right underneath him just as we were approaching the bottom of the drop zone. My spring took him out of free fall and he was mashing up-B, so I got spiked... To make matters worse, I could have also avoided this by using my wall jump. It all happened so fast, and I was toooo slow.

Fenrir VII: (This was towards the beginning of August) I mostly played a yellow sheik and did fairly well against your Roy and Fox, but got wrecked when you went Mega Man for one match. I really had no idea what MM’s kill setups were and how to play the MU in general. Getting beat like that motivated me to study up real quick, but I have yet to go up against any good MM's since.. so I don't know how much better I would do.

I could tell you were a Melee player by your Fox play. You tried to shine stage spike me? C'mon son. I think you were just going for style points there, but you were doing a few other things that were Melee-esque. Sure enough, I looked him up and his Melee Fox is incredible. You’re also pretty good at smash4, but one thing you should definitely work on is punishing bouncing fish. I noticed that you always tried to powershield BF when you could have spotdodged and gotten a huge punish. After seeing that I began using the move a bit more liberally than I normally would have.

fauxchienne

Smash Cadet
NNID
erionduro
Your username..... don't you go by the name of faux on 3ds? If so, i think we've met on FFA on 3ds.
omg yeah i recently changed it lol. but i did keep "faux" for a while, i might actually change it back soon

also met someone named CG-Weavi or something like that. s/he was a jerk(hitting me out of opening taunts and taunting/tea bagging after every kill :/) but they were really good, had a killer donkey kong lol.

Last edited:

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
I would say GGs to a Yogi on 3DS, as you played a very solid Pikachu while I was playing Zelda, but after I won, you decided to try and play a Zelda mirror match.... And then trolled. And lost. Then tried to mirror my Doc... then trolled again.

Bad games to you.

DemZak

Smash Rookie
I play Smash 3DS only, hoping to have some fun matches with everyone ^^. Nickname is DemZak on Sm4sh.

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
ZSS player on 3DS who's name started with hawk. fun games man, your ZSS has potential but you gotta work on your reads and kill confirms a bit more. several times ya could've had me when ya didn't.

Halfminded

Smash Journeyman
Just had some late night rounds with a 3DS player. Not quite sure what his tag was, since is cut off, but I have "[C]Turt..." to go off of.

You were the first to show me applications of dance-trotting, and obliged me with some Marth dittos. Was a lot of fun!

Tha_Crystal_Gemz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miki-iki
3DS FC
4425-1738-4816
Switch FC
SW-5889-0433-4399
Is there a MaxHughes here from the UK(3ds)? If there is, just wanna say you are great at all the characters u use (i really LOVED your Lucas and Mario especially!) and you made me a better player. I know there was probably some salt involved (on both sides lol) due to excessive taunting but it was all in good fun! Would LOVE to play you again and keep learning since I have been on a major losing streak lately.

Last edited:

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
3DS, and I think his name was (V)Woof? He was playing a good Diddy, but ended up having to leave our first match real quick and lost connection second match .
Yo I have played this person a few times! I don't remember ever losing to them but their Diddy was still quite the challenge! Cheers! :D

Last edited:

Tha_Crystal_Gemz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miki-iki
3DS FC
4425-1738-4816
Switch FC
SW-5889-0433-4399
Hengles (3ds) from Brazil - if you are here, just know I've learn a lot from you and I thank you for those matches. We had to have played like 25-30 matches. Really fun!!

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Yo I have played this person a few times! I don't remember ever losing to them but their Diddy was still quite the challenge! Cheers! :D
nvm, playing him again today (omg the coincidence) and made him ragequit. Times change :p

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
GGs to Adil... I guess.

Your Ike was pretty serious and did a good job of keeping me out the first two games, but once I downloaded him, you were done.

But your Shulk though.... Lay off the jump button. Like, I don't know if you were trolling, or if that was your way of 'mind games', but.... Lol.

LordLechuga

Smash Cadet
Guy named Sw1tcher on 3DS ver.?

We had some really fun(nny) Falcon dittos.
I was Jordy. I used DK, Mario, and Falcon.
You used Ness, Mario, and Falcon.

Those taunt matches tho. x'D

Hope to find ya :B

Twewy

Smash Lord
Guy named Sw1tcher on 3DS ver.?

We had some really fun(nny) Falcon dittos.
I was Jordy. I used DK, Mario, and Falcon.
You used Ness, Mario, and Falcon.

Those taunt matches tho. x'D

Hope to find ya :B
Sw1tcher? You might have played one of the Best Friends.

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know what Etika's 3DS Mii looks like? I may or may not have just played him on For Glory.

And yes, I saved all the replays.

EL/BOLO

Smash Rookie
GG's to Skykram and his great MegaMan who figured me out in our last game !
GG's to Fru Rakel. Fun set. Fun Ganon.

By the way, my tag is EL/BOLO a DHD main. Wonder if I met some of you on FG before.

LordLechuga

Smash Cadet
So you know this guy? Omg hype xD

If you do know him, show him this video:

He'll know. You don't forget stuff like that..

EDIT: Mention him the Falcon Kick Only match we had lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom