• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
In case you run into me, my name is phantom man and I mostly use
:4jigglypuff::4pikachu::4lucario::4tlink::4darkpit::4marth::4drmario::4rob::4sonic::4sheik:
and here are some characters I play but not that much.
:4greninja::4gaw::4bowser::4fox::4wario2::4samus:
yeah, I use a lot of characters.

Kytos

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4957-5186-8258
Yes. On the results screen you can click their name to see their full name, general location (country/state), and mii head. You can also report/block them from there too.

Good games go out to Anthony from Florida, though I do not know if he found them as good. You were a far better player than I, I just don't know what I can do vs. stuff like that. I beat you Villager vs. Charizard and then you proceeded to take the next 15-20.
You can seriously do that?? I never even knew. Lmfao

MatrixNexus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Whoisthis0
3DS FC
4785-6210-1190
Great games to saucy from New York. Those matches were very fun.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I just played a lot of matches against a player named Chipper, who used Pit, and I used Ganon. You here? :)

HerrAlex

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerrAlex
Shoutout to user Dennis with the nickname PINKIE for some awesome and balanced matches. Finished it off with a :4fox: vs. :4zss: on FD.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I lose brain cells when I run into scrubs who use stall and fall moves over and over like Bowser Bomb and Kirby Stone. I just played a Bowser that did his D-air every single time he was above me. I was using Link and I just kept using Up air to stab him up his ass, EVERY SINGLE TIME. I played like 5 games in a row where that was all I was doing and then I just gave up and left. How, just HOW can they not learn. At one point I was just laying bombs by z-dropping them where his D-air and bowser bombs were going to land. The worst part is that you can tell he really wanted to win and was probably having fun.

I just can't anymore.....

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I lose brain cells when I run into scrubs who use stall and fall moves over and over like Bowser Bomb and Kirby Stone. I just played a Bowser that did his D-air every single time he was above me. I was using Link and I just kept using Up air to stab him up his ***, EVERY SINGLE TIME. I played like 5 games in a row where that was all I was doing and then I just gave up and left. How, just HOW can they not learn. At one point I was just laying bombs by z-dropping them where his D-air and bowser bombs were going to land. The worst part is that you can tell he really wanted to win and was probably having fun.

BBC7

Smash Ace
I lose brain cells when I run into scrubs who use stall and fall moves over and over like Bowser Bomb and Kirby Stone. I just played a Bowser that did his D-air every single time he was above me. I was using Link and I just kept using Up air to stab him up his ***, EVERY SINGLE TIME. I played like 5 games in a row where that was all I was doing and then I just gave up and left. How, just HOW can they not learn. At one point I was just laying bombs by z-dropping them where his D-air and bowser bombs were going to land. The worst part is that you can tell he really wanted to win and was probably having fun.

I used to be like that with Game & Watch. I used to Perfect Pivot in front of people, double-jump over their heads and Dair. I added in the Perfect Pivot to make sure they don't think I'm a scrub, but one day I decided that I am a scrub for using this tactic and I must stop.

Does anyone remember fighting this loser by the name of BBC7? No fundamentals

Last edited:

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649

You're obviously not the hero Gotham deserves

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
:troll: pissed off a diddy earlier on 3DS with my pit. he got terrified and desperate the last seconds of the match and tried to run away and camp super hard. Final five secondsd we were both at 100+ on our last stock. he got a little too close to the ledge where i was hanging and I killed him with the upper dash arm at the last few seconds.

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
GG to a Jose on 3DS. We did a bunch of Olimar (me) vs Falco matches.

You kicked me around the first matches, but I caught up. I'm not used to playing a Falco with such a great offstage game.

Very respectful and skillful player. After a bunch of silly SDs, we switched to Puff vs DK but got disconnected. Gg!

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
if y'all ever run into(or ever have run into) a blue mii named keeta its likely mine....

surprised no one has found me here yet :<

I 90% of the time, use c.falcon. Occasionally I use link, jigglypuff, dark pit or pit, mario, little mac, very rarely sonic, or some other character, but c.falcon, link mario and pit are usually my main go to characters, especially falcon.
Hey, I played you tonight! I had to do a search to see if the name had been mentioned, and sure enough, it had. It was on the 3DS and my tag was Atoyont.

The Zelda matches were embarrassing, I don't use her at all. After I switched we had some better games. I believe I used Ganon, ROB, Dedede, and Villager. You were very good.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
I played a Mario/Pac-Man named Downasty for what felt like 2-3 hours straight.
That Pac-Man...
Dear God that Pac-Man...
Dude had the trampoline setups, hydrant gimmicks, EVERYTHING
It was annoying beyond belief, and yet...
I couldn't stop queuing up for a rematch...
For 2-3 hours...
**** it. It was fun. Bloody annoying trying to deal with his shenanigans with Luigi...but it was damn fun.
Downasty you glorious ******* you. If you're out there I wouldn't mind playing you again.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Dammit, I wish I was a mod so I can warn people to not get salty in this thread.

RaphAttack90

Smash Rookie
NNID
RaphAttack90
3DS FC
0645-5985-1639
Emilio, we had a great couple of matches, and your Gannondorf was pretty good! Would definitely like to play you again.

link2702

Smash Champion
Hey, I played you tonight! I had to do a search to see if the name had been mentioned, and sure enough, it had. It was on the 3DS and my tag was Atoyont.

The Zelda matches were embarrassing, I don't use her at all. After I switched we had some better games. I believe I used Ganon, ROB, Dedede, and Villager. You were very good.
FINALLY someone found me from here. And yes ggs, you were really good too.

I left after that final match where your villager pwned my marth cuz I needed to get to bed. Definitely want to face you again some time though, the ganon dittos especially were good.

BBC7

Smash Ace
[3DS] Met a Gold Captain Falcon and a black-haired Robin by the name of Mike, your Falcon could grab a little more but good games overall. My name is Andi on 3DS, BBC7 on Wii U.

Last edited:

Elpeo Puru

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5043-3051-5146
I met a LabyrsXII on 3DS, don't remember who he played (don't have access to my 3DS right now) but he was pretty good. If he's on here, I wanted to apologize for bailing out after one fight.

Last edited:

Drakogy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Drakogy
GGs @ Drakogy Drakogy
Those were really fun and fast paced matches! I guess getting hit by Fox's jab or neutral air translates to a painful followup. Is it possible to avoid those aside from boxing Fox with an accidental neutral air? Thanks for the request; I look forward to playing with you in the future.
To increase your chances against the jab lock you need to hold up and away to increase the frames you get to jump out or nair to safety. If you are hit with a soft hit nair, the worst position to be in is to be just above the stage in stun. You need to either tech the ground as soon as possible or take to the skies via di. Teching towards Fox as he's running toward you for the up smash is a quick solution but be sure to mix that option up or else.

Keep in mind that the percentage dictates your options. Such as the jab lock being harder to escape at higher percentages and the soft hit nair not putting you into tumble state until the 100% ballpark.

ZRK

Smash Rookie
Tracy, I miss you. Your Villager was really a Killager, don't think I'm able to defeat you. It was kind of you to select the Duck Hunt Duo afterwards, so that we can play a Duck Hunt Duo Duo (on a more even basis).

Andy, your Pikachu was awesome.

Both of you, we had some fierce battles. On the whole I think you were the superior players, but I hope we all had some fun.

BBC7

Smash Ace
Tracy, I miss you. Your Villager was really a Killager, don't think I'm able to defeat you. It was kind of you to select the Duck Hunt Duo afterwards, so that we can play a Duck Hunt Duo Duo (on a more even basis).

Andy, your Pikachu was awesome.

Both of you, we had some fierce battles. On the whole I think you were the superior players, but I hope we all had some fun.
Was this Wii U? I know a Tracy with a green Mii(shirt color) that plays Rosalina and Villager.

NNID
TheBeardalls
3DS FC
3539-9009-9936
Mr.Hat
Sakati
Kasper
Joost
Wr;ter
Eric
Job
Magikarp
Villager (Yes, that's his name. It was disappointing that he used Little Mac and not Villager. A wasted opportunity)
Regis
Makrul
Lawliet
Alego64
Yacine
And so, so, SO many more that I want to have a rematch with. If even one of you is on this website, then I'd be pretty damn happy.

BBC7

Smash Ace
Mr.Hat
Sakati
Kasper
Joost
Wr;ter
Eric
Job
Magikarp
Villager (Yes, that's his name. It was disappointing that he used Little Mac and not Villager. A wasted opportunity)
Regis
Makrul
Lawliet
Alego64
Yacine
And so, so, SO many more that I want to have a rematch with. If even one of you is on this website, then I'd be pretty damn happy.
I'm ready for our 3DS fight now, btw.

EDIT: I think my bro may have removed you from the friends list

Last edited:

ZRK

Smash Rookie
Was this Wii U? I know a Tracy with a green Mii(shirt color) that plays Rosalina and Villager.
It was 3DS. But Tracy may have both versions. Don't know how I can check the Mii from the 3DS version (I saved several replays).

BBC7

Smash Ace
It was 3DS. But Tracy may have both versions. Don't know how I can check the Mii from the 3DS version (I saved several replays).
Nevermind, I'm thinking of another person on my friends list who mains Villager. The Tracy I know only mains Rosalina.

@ Jarret (The one in 3DS) Jarret (The one in 3DS) Good games, Smash Ball was a minor annoyance especially in the Link vs Game & Watch fight, so remember to turn it off. Other than that though, I enjoyed our battles. I actually own a 2DS and not a 3DS, and the 2DS has awkward shoulder buttons so I had to warm up a bit to get used to them. I'm used to GameCube where the shoulder buttons feel more natural and you're less likely to hold on to them accidentally. I had to leave because my brother was threatening to hurt me if I didn't give him his 2DS back. He's younger than me so I don't know why my parents give him the power to do that, yet don't let me retaliate even in a peaceful way. FYI for everyone, my brother is the reason why I'm so salty at times, not the actual game itself

Last edited:

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Met a guy named Alex again a few days ago.

Whoever you are, it's always a good time fighting you dude!
Hope to meet you again

:006:

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
His name escapes me (I think it was "Marcooos", or something like that), but those were some solid matches you put up. You gave me a run for my money half the time, but you came across as the "don't take the game too seriously" type who has a taunt-off before the start of every battle. If anyone knows anybody with a name like the one above, who typically plays as Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, and Villager, it'd be a blast to have a rematch someday.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I really enjoyed the matches I had on the 3DS tonight with puntly and T.K. (who I am fairly certain was not TKBreezy btw).

Puntly played a decent DK; he got me with FAir spikes while I was trying to send out a Lloid Rocket more than once. It's a shame our last match had to end with me SDing when I tried to throw out a Gordo instead of Super Dedede Jumping like I meant to do.

T.K. played a couple of characters. IIRC he started with Lucina, then went to Zelda and Falcon. During our WFT/Zelda match, he had me gimped but decided to be flashy and DAir me again... enabling me to tech the side of the stage and survive. It was awesome. Then, during one of our Ganon/Falcon matches, we managed to stay off the stage for quite some time thanks to our recovery moves. I had a lot of fun and would enjoy playing him again.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Nemo, if you're reading this, I'm well aware that I'm not very good at this game. My name is "trashcan", it's no big secret.

But goddamn you got so buttmad when I won one match out of the twenty thousand we played, blaming it on lag, etc. There was no lag. None that could affect the gameplay, at least. It was minimal at best, manageable at worst. You were playing too well for there to have been any serious lag. I just played defensively and reflexively taking your strategies into account instead of my normal aggressive/offensive approach

I think you were just ashamed of losing to an Ike player. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone.

Changing your user tag to "USUCKDICK" after that was classy, too.

You can't even win gracefully, you kept crying about nonexistent lag after that one close match when I was Lucina. Leave that teenage angst for xbox live.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Dammit, I wish I was a mod so I can warn people to not get salty in this thread.
Damn i really wish you knew what salt was. People who just throw it around without actually knowing what went down are annoying, just how people misuse irony or spam :3 ~ <3 in every f'in sentence. Glad youre not a mod, youd be giving infractions without understanding context. Aka bad mod.

Anywho anyone would comment when someone tries to tryhard style, loses, then proceeds to put on game tags with profanity and leave after a game. And for the record i dont come here IF i lose which is rare, i come here if someone is arrogant when they lose or if i had fun with them and wanna know if they had a sb account.

Last edited:
Top Bottom