• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

neoKAIzaints

Smash Rookie
I just played some named HulkLink for about an hour and a half. Our Links are pretty evenly matched. I'd love to have you as a sparring partner! I'm Tsuki and I usually play as Fierce Diety Link or a stripy Mario. Although I've been dabbling with Lucina and Lucario a lot lately.

Last edited:

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Did the olimar player hardly use roll?

If so that's probably me.

Because I remembered a recent match like that about me switching to robin then getting beat.
Was your name Joey and do you use the black haired Robin? Because I have the replay saved.
If so, No hard feelings, I've been getting better at taking online players more lightly. I'd also like to play again too! :p

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Just played a bunch of games a Nono from Switzerland. Jeez you're only good :4palutena: and :4samus: I've seen on For Glory. It was tough. Only took a few games off of them. The one :4charizard:mirror was super fun though.

Last edited:

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
OHHAI to whoever that Ness player was. You batted a buffed Sun Salutation back at me for a very hilarious K.O. :D

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
Shoutout to the duckter, who had a good dr.mario. We had a bunch of CLOSE games, including the one where you dropped from the ledge thinking I didn't know invulnerability frames weren't present and somehow got spiked. I was the dark blue yoshi player.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Shout outs to a few people. Unfortunately today was laggy for me for whatever reasons.

Deku, unfortunately I don't remember too much from our matches but I distinctly remember your Deku Scrub mii when I checked your profile. I used my Falcon and red Greninja against you, and I know you used pink hoodie Mac at least once.

(Edit: Actually, I think you used Alph if I remember correctly).

TheBuzzSaw, your blue link was really strong. I admit I was getting flustered since my main (Dedede) struggles with characters like Link, and I didn't have a good answer to him till I switch to Yoshi. Unfortunately, I suicided that match and you quit right after. This'll sound like a john, but the lag was getting progressively worse with each match and that was throwing off my timings some. You're probably better than me, but I feel like I could figure out that Link given a few more matches. And props to the "Melee rules!" message you had there, though I'm a PM guy myself.

Jiao MK II, I think you used Pac-man. I barely scraped a win together in the end with that Dedede meteor, I find Pac-man an incredibly annoying and difficult character to fight and I probably only won because you play almost identically to a friend of mine. I can't remember if you used any other character though, I played a few too many matches today to remember them all!

Finally, Mgru. You used Pit, Mac, Toon Link, and Fox today. I remember I accidentally suicided-ko'd you in the Pit match with Dedede's up b, and your Mac was giving me trouble. I should've stuck with D3 against Mac, but in the end I finally got Bowser to work out against him.

Last edited:

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Met a Black Mario named Anthony who totally wrecked my shulk. I was about to switch to Robin, who I was better with, but you left. I hope we can fight again, I really need to improve my Mu against mario.

Also to someperson, I had fun playing your Luigi but I had to leave so I could watch a movie. I'd love to play again.

AkitoUF

Smash Rookie
Just had some matches with a Lucina player named Geo and man, I started maining her since launch and I can barely hope to use her like he does. Nice matches, dude.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Shout-out to a player who went by the nametag "Sora" today.
He started off as:4falcon: then proceeded to play:4lucina: for the rest of the matches while I pretty much played :4peach: in all of them.
By the time I finally switched to :4palutena: though he SD'd twice and left; I'm assuming he had to leave at the last-minute or something.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Big shoutout to Blinx. By far the best player I've ever played in FG. I've beaten him ONCE, and even then, I was about to die.

Dude whooped me good.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Reimu, had a lot of fun matches with you with my Ganon and other characters.

Jordan, very respectable pink Falcon. Each time I though I had you, you pulled through in the end. Not even my Dedede could take it, and I usually eat Falcons with him.

EDIT: Alina, who also used blue link, was rather frustrating to face. Definitely more skilled than me, but the amount of delay made fighting a wall of projectiles near impossible. I would love to face that Link again without lag.

Last edited:

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Met a Black Mario named Anthony who totally wrecked my shulk. I was about to switch to Robin, who I was better with, but you left. I hope we can fight again, I really need to improve my Mu against mario.
Did the match end with a FLUDD to F-smash? Was it on Gaur Plains? If so, that was definitely me. I had to leave because I really had to tinkle.

Anyway, before I fought you, I played several solid matches with someone Codeman. He played a fast Fox, Peach, Palutena, and Ike. He seemed to rely on pressure. He beat me for around 5 matches in a row before I adapted to his playstyle and managed to take most of the games thence before he disconnected. I mostly went Mario and Sonic, with some Ganondorf thrown in.

AssaultVestLatias

Smash Rookie
NNID
PhobiaYT
3DS FC
1590-5500-1317
Wow nododys happened to have fought me? Boo hoo, oh well then.

UserName:$akurai

And This is my 'For Glory Report' for the Past few days (three ithink) :

Cody - Your toon link was adequate. Why gotta give up so quickly? Hope to fight again. ^^
I could be this guy. I know it's been a while, but did this name have stars around Cody to confirm this is me? I've played too many games to tell if I faced you, or not. I usually played 3 games each person, unless you have bad connection, or a situational moment occurs.

MatrixNexus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Whoisthis0
3DS FC
4785-6210-1190
Shoutouts to a guy named jaden. I was [SB]Mike. Our matches were great. We switched characters every match, and we both knew how to use them efficiently. GGs.
I think I met you in FG a few days ago. Your yoshi wrecked me badly. I was Stealth btw.

Siobud

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSiobud
3DS FC
4570-8483-8206
Saw an awesome Shulk (I think he was a black coat) by the name of Sage. He won the first two matches, I won the next two and I think he won one more with an incredibly close game! I was an orange scarfed Falco but I'm usually playing a black and white DDD. I go by Siobud.

CommanderVimes

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0275-7625-7862
Played another DK player named Tom for around an hour tonight. Some crazy nice DK mirrors, I've never seen another person actually try using him more than once before.

SkyboundTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SkyboundTerror
3DS FC
0559-6972-5367
Calling out to an Adam from Canada. This is Dude.

I thoroughly enjoyed the matches we had tonight, especially Ganondorf vs. Link and the Charizard dittos. They were tense and fun, and I felt like I kept getting lucky every time I bested you. You did SD a few times and made mistakes that cost you the match, and while that's always a bummer, you still stuck around.

It'd be cool if we can exchange FCs and spar. We need to take these battles to the real stages!

ripd

Smash Rookie
Played a brilliant player by the name of Tan Man, made an account to start the journey.

This is Jeff, the captain falcon main. You were on another level.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Just played a player called Rich. I was Sonny, the green Marth, green Sheik and green Luigi. Great Greninja, man! I'd love to play you again, because your Greninja was great fun to fight and the matches felt very fair.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Did the match end with a FLUDD to F-smash? Was it on Gaur Plains? If so, that was definitely me. I had to leave because I really had to tinkle.

Anyway, before I fought you, I played several solid matches with someone Codeman. He played a fast Fox, Peach, Palutena, and Ike. He seemed to rely on pressure. He beat me for around 5 matches in a row before I adapted to his playstyle and managed to take most of the games thence before he disconnected. I mostly went Mario and Sonic, with some Ganondorf thrown in.
Well, it wasn't on guar plain, but it was on battlefield. It did end with FLUDD to fsmash however, and at point the person stun locked me with jabs into fsmash. Tbh I think if I played them with Robin, I'll still get anhihilated. I have a habit of not mixing up short hops and dodge rolls and it's easy to force shields with me. :p

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Played a guy by the name of Treuce. He started off with a :4tlink: I think and played other characters.

Our :4ness:vs :4ness: battles were the best though. I always love playing fellow Ness players. Had to go sorry bud.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
Played a bunch of matches with Trikitty :4mario:, we were pretty evenly matched and you were both respectful and quite fun to play. Best of all there was essentially zero input or game lag. 10/10 Glory matchup.

LoreLes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoreLes
GG tibs. Sorry I had to leave after that first match, my battery was flickering and I couldn't find my charger. I am willing to play more with you if you are around here.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Played an awesome black Dr.Mario by the name of Heyden. Dude was good, I only managed to start winning towards the end, where I managed to get a 50% win ration for the last 10 matches, but regardless. XP

PigglyJuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mr.Hugz
3DS FC
2793-1251-1909
Shout out to a green classic wario by the name of MHenrikM, we had some good games. I'm the orange Kirby.

PigglyJuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mr.Hugz
3DS FC
2793-1251-1909
Calling out to an Adam from Canada. This is Dude.

I thoroughly enjoyed the matches we had tonight, especially Ganondorf vs. Link and the Charizard dittos. They were tense and fun, and I felt like I kept getting lucky every time I bested you. You did SD a few times and made mistakes that cost you the match, and while that's always a bummer, you still stuck around.

It'd be cool if we can exchange FCs and spar. We need to take these battles to the real stages!
Oh hey Dude! Didn't see you there! Wow, what are the odds.

(I seriously apologize for double Post, did not actually see him there)

Last edited:

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Well, it wasn't on guar plain, but it was on battlefield. It did end with FLUDD to fsmash however, and at point the person stun locked me with jabs into fsmash. Tbh I think if I played them with Robin, I'll still get anhihilated. I have a habit of not mixing up short hops and dodge rolls and it's easy to force shields with me. :p
That was me, then. Yeah, I sometimes have trouble remembering the stages. :p

It also looked like you tried to fastfall though the FLUDD, but then I f-smashed you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom