• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Netherfall

Smash Cadet
NNID
bambamboombop
3DS FC
1822-1445-5706
Played someone with the name of GetOmes...something? The name didn't extend that far, but great Greninja! Those were fun games and pretty close as well. Taunted at the end because I needed to head out, so no hard feelings.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Oh I think nintendo's online just went down, I was playing a :4megaman: named richard when it happened (staying on topic).

I got error code 001-0502 which says the eshop is down which really doesn't have to do with smash but thats what im assuming. Is anyone else having a problem getting online?

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
PlatS, a communication error just happened during the results screen. What happened? Good games, though!

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Welp...successfully made a taunt party in for glory smash somehow. Will never understand how but I had fun with it.

gissel, at first I thought you were one of those people who just camped out and waited for kills, until you started ducking and I returned the favor the first match we were in. Then made my Pikachu say hi, and you did the same with Kirby. Went to the results screen, I checked your card, and once I saw "I start taunt parties.", I knew I'd have fun. Started out with just the two of us against the other two, until we got two people to finally understand.

Sad to say once everyone joins in, the fun is gone, so I had to take my leave. It was a nice little break from beating people senseless. Hope to randomly run into ya again.

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Shoutouts to a guy named Toy. Easily the best D3 I've seen so far. Normally his Gordos don't cause much trouble for me, but yours were nearly impossible to avoid. Your aim was amazing. GGs.

RWB

Smash Ace
Had some real fun Zard vs Bowser matches vs a guy called G-Rady.

Hope to find you here!

Chakra-X

Smash Cadet
Noah, you destroyed me as Ike and then we had friendly mirror matches as Shulk, which you also destroyed me with. I never been 2 stocked back to back like that, it really was ****ing embarrassing. Not a single win on my part!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just had an hour or two of matches against a player named "Run C.T." on 1v1 For Glory. Yes, I stuck with someone for that long.

Absolutely freakin' dominated me. I only won a handful of matches. Must have been some professional level player. Their Peach in particular was absolutely insane. And I couldn't handle the Rosalina dittos, especially since their Rosalina was wearing the green alt (which is only subtly different to the default Rosalina, which I use. I can't tell the difference very well in the heat of battle).

Although I did make more than a few stupid mistakes (there was one match against their Mega Man where I lost when I did purely because I F-Smashed when I meant to D-Smash when he was rolling around me. I must have hit the Circle Pad diagonally downwards by mistake. But he punished me for it with Mega Upper), I stuck with this player because they were really good, but also used characters I rarely see online. Peach, Rosalina, Mega Man, Palutena, Bowser Jr, and Duck Hunt Duo, from what I remember. I felt kinda bad using just Rosalina, but this player was just way better than me, and since they were using characters I rarely see, I wanted to get some experience in for my Rosalina.

And I definitely learned quite a few things, so thanks a bunch, Run C.T.! I'm likely not worthy, but if you do see this, I definitely could use some pointers from you!

(Also that "C.T." wouldn't indicate being associated with "Clash Tournaments", would it? Like "C.T.ZeRo"?)

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
To a Texas player named Lorenzo.

The hour we spent smashing was by far the best For Glory experience I've ever had. Our connections were perfect, never once did either of us lag. You've got a great Puff and Falcon, and you used several other characters very well against my Link and Shulk. We both won and lost matches. But regardless of who won, the matches were always fun.

The best part though, was our second Link vs. Lil Mac game. What came of that game was a 0 to death combo that I'm going to post here. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do what I did in that vid.

If you hang out here, PLEASE hit me up. That hour was pure bliss.

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
To Lucas; a King Dedede player, who taught me I should chase up playing as Wii Fit Trainer more; we had a fair sparring match and while I lost, I did better as WFT than I ever would have as Mario or Yoshi. :)

SonicTHP

Smash Cadet
NNID
SonicTHP
3DS FC
4897-6845-2284
Just fought an awesome set of Samus dittos with DontH8onMii. I hope you are around because those were really fun matches and I think we have unfinished business.

Also fought a good Villager player named john184. I was a Samus player that was beaten handily until I changed my approach to even out the fights more. Fighting Villager with Samus is super frustrating, but I was glad to ahve the experience so I could learn a few lessons on how to approach the fight better. You were tough and aggravating, but I'd be happy to play again.

Last edited:

RWB

Smash Ace
Fought a guy named niam. Dunno if it was this guy: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Smasher:Niam or not.

Either way, he beat me with an array of characters, and the one time I beat him, it was because he missed with Rest twice in the same match.

Flameduck

Smash Cadet
Found someone I played with before but possibly didn't post for. >>(star)(musicnote)Nick(musicnote)(star)<<, I remember you and your slogan "PIKMIN ATTACK!" I'm Flamedu.../Flameduck.

Last edited:

Primer TMT

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carlosva
3DS FC
4940-5763-3694
Greetings, I’m making a new clan named TMT (The Money Team)

We have our emblem already and three members. We are currently recruiting members. I want the best smashers of every character (only a really good player per character ((example: Since I play Ganondorf, if you main Ganondorf you cannot join))) So if anyone is interested PM me and I will test you guys as I am the leader of the crew. Ign: Brad. Hope to make a good and fun crew as we hone our skills for improvement and reach to be the best :)!

Zerandom077

Smash Rookie
I played against a really skilled player named Nixo. Seriously I really need to play ya more, inspired me to pick up Marth again. I could just see myself getting better with each match. My tag was Zerandom btw

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Just played Luigi dittos with a player named ethan. You were at huge damage but I still couldn't KO you, and you snagged the win in Sudden Death! I was Sonny, the green Luigi and it'd be great to play you again.

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Shoutouts to a guy named Tucker. I enjoyed all of our matches. Somehow we both knew to have a best 2 of 3 for each matchup before switching characters, and we taunted at the beginning of the 1st match with each new pair. GGs.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Greetings, I’m making a new clan named TMT (The Money Team)

We have our emblem already and three members. We are currently recruiting members. I want the best smashers of every character (only a really good player per character ((example: Since I play Ganondorf, if you main Ganondorf you cannot join))) So if anyone is interested PM me and I will test you guys as I am the leader of the crew. Ign: Brad. Hope to make a good and fun crew as we hone our skills for improvement and reach to be the best :)!
This isn't the place for this, but I'm going to humor you and ask a question:

Say someone WAY better with Ganon were to attempt to join, would that force you off of your character, mean he can't join, or would you revise the rule?

Primer TMT

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carlosva
3DS FC
4940-5763-3694
This isn't the place for this, but I'm going to humor you and ask a question:

Say someone WAY better with Ganon were to attempt to join, would that force you off of your character, mean he can't join, or would you revise the rule?
Thats a rule, that i was thinking but im not sure, if the clan approves it's, Its ok but not now, but i think is kinda hard a WAY better ganondorf than me LoL haha

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Don't think I've encountered any1 from this thread (haven't been on for a week, and my search through the Forum yielded nothing). I was Power:starman:9
Meat (Black Yoshi) pretty good Yoshi you got, fellow Meat.
Castor (Duck Hunt) pretty frustrating match for me, but GGs.
JaGm (Link) hoped you learned some things from my Link.
Xerom (Falco & Ness) most intense matches I've ever had. You were awesome at the finals!
Dreamer (Marth) great Marth! Spaced your tips really well.
Loonie (Shiek) GGs!
Jess (Greninja) GGs!

Right from the back of my head. Ring any bells?

WyvernLord

Smash Cadet
NNID
WyvernLord
3DS FC
0860-3366-4038
Had a bunch of matches with a guy named Blaxx
First three matches we were pretty evenly matched (and i was winning) then you absolutely destroyed me every other match

Just thought i'd say "You're pretty good"*insert revolver ocelot gif here*

Last edited:

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
So I just finished about 10 matches with "Josh". My 3DS name is "Dark Child"
First few matches was Dr Mario vs ZSS

Lamato

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lamato
3DS FC
4983-5234-2632
GGs "shota", your Diddy and Megaman were very fun to play against. :kirby:

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
GGs "shota", your Diddy and Megaman were very fun to play against. :kirby:
I just played a Mega Man ditty against this person. I ragequitted like a sore loser over his last second luck.

Kohak

Smash Apprentice
Just played a bunch of matches against a guy named James from Texas. Used a standard color Lucina. Super fun matches! If you're here, I just want you to know that the tree kill when we were about to run out of time was one of the hypest moments of my life

Last edited:

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Someone who faced me fair and square as Samus while I played as Wii Fit Trainer. Kudos.

Someone as Bowser Jr who just kept running off course. This is coming from someone with low-self esteem... please grow a backbone instead of rage quitting after a meteor smash.

Kohak

Smash Apprentice
Played a sheik named AMK with my Villager. Was really fun at first, then things degenerated fast as you started to get a little heavy on the needle storm. I understand that it's good pressure and builds damage, it may even be necessary for the match up, but at a certain point it's not fun anymore.

Best sheik I've played online though

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Played a sheik named AMK with my Villager. Was really fun at first, then things degenerated fast as you started to get a little heavy on the needle storm. I understand that it's good pressure and builds damage, it may even be necessary for the match up, but at a certain point it's not fun anymore.

Best sheik I've played online though
Smash 4: If they can charge it, they can spam it.™

Kohak

Smash Apprentice
Smash 4: If they can charge it, they can spam it.™
It's really sad though. I mean, this was a good Sheik, and I feel the character is more than just needles and uairs. I know that as a Villager we tend to spam lloid rockets, but after a bunch of matches I just started to stand still behind trees and spamming rockets just because there were too many needles

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
It's really sad though. I mean, this was a good Sheik, and I feel the character is more than just needles and uairs. I know that as a Villager we tend to spam lloid rockets, but after a bunch of matches I just started to stand still behind trees and spamming rockets just because there were too many needles
Well, maybe that person is good, but a lot of people who perform the usual Uairs also think they're good. On the page before this one, I made a comment about needles, too. A good player is all about utilization and mind games. I just don't understand why there's so many people who run away in matches, in FG. Link's and Samus' always perform like 3 or 4 dodges to the left or to the right and do they're specials. Just fight me like a champ, not a chump.

Last edited:

Kohak

Smash Apprentice
It's frustrating to see people run away during matches. I've had a couple games where the clock ran out. For people like that I purposefully let the timer end, then I use balloons under FD so that the automatic bomb-omb drops kill them.

Either way, GGs AMK. If we meet again, here's to more epic battles on the ledges

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
As sad as it may seem, needle spam is Sheik's way to force the opponent to approach. Also, uair is too great to not use all the time.

A Gray Person

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gray21oh
3DS FC
1719-3271-0480
So if there's anyone that goes by Sylvan here, those were some excellent games I'll say. Especially them Lucina mirror matches, really nice to see slight differences in the play style to learn from.

Also that one SD I did with that Robin v Roy match I did cause I thought that'd be a friendly gesture for you accidentally SDing. That might have been a bit pretentious of me but what are ya gonna do?

llFlokoll

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4313-0770-6292
If you ever played a guy named Floko using a purple toon link, pink Captain falcon, purple yoshi or purple/yellow mario , that was probably me ! Sorry for any lag, and don't feel offended if I taunt at any time during the game, I'm just saluting you xD I'm pretty sure I fought a bunch of people here already :)

llFlokoll

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4313-0770-6292
If you ever played a guy named Floko using a purple toon link, pink Captain falcon, purple yoshi or purple/yellow mario , that was probably me ! Sorry for any lag, and don't feel offended if I taunt at any time during the game, I'm just saluting you xD I'm pretty sure I fought a bunch of people here already :)

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I'm using a Villager 90% of the time, and I went by Hayate for like 450 matches, until I changed it just now to [SB]DL.

So maybe yall have faced me XP

I can't wait to start actually remembering to save replays of strong players so I don't forget their names XD

There WAS a strong player that used a black Yoshi, his name was Shadow...somethin, it was pretty long cuz it included the "..." at the end.

XKan

Smash Apprentice
A great shout out to Nixx Mini of Florida, who used the Lissa/Blonde Lucina. : ) I usually hate mirror matches but you made them fun by being respectful. You also didn't have to jump off that one time you rushed and meteor smashed me with very little damage, but you did anyway XD Thanks for all the great games, sorry I had to go!

Last edited:
Top Bottom