• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Crystanium

Smash Hero
well that's disappointing :/ i'm sure a few of y'all remember a few months back where I mentioned I faced zero in smash4, where I almost beat his falcon with my ganon.....

well apparently he deleted that video, so now I no longer have the proof of that moment :/ there is a big gap in his twitch videos from that timeframe when that video was made and when his other most recent ones were shown.

You'd think I wouldn't be so annoyed by it since I only won once against his link, but that clip of me doing really well against his falcon with my ganon was still a pretty proud moment for me, and yet now it's gone. :/
I bumped into ZeRo once while he was streaming. I was going to use the tag "Overdog". I didn't think it was really him because he wasn't going by the name "KETCHUP". Yet, I saw the name "Brandy". So I wrote, "ZeRo is". I didn't realize the timer had reached 0, so my controls of tap jump off and my z-air not being the R shoulder kind of ruined the experience for me. I played against his Shulk. I did well enough, but it was a bummer because after the match was over, he left. But hey, I got to play MVD twice! So that was cool.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I played some guy named Ben who used Ness 7 times against me, doing nothing but rolling and spamming PK Fire.

Sorry for beating you 7 times very easily, but there is no need to call me a "beaner" or the "n word" or any of the other (inaccurate) slurs :) grow up and get good!

Uffe

Smash Hero
I played some guy named Ben who used Ness 7 times against me, doing nothing but rolling and spamming PK Fire.

Sorry for beating you 7 times very easily, but there is no need to call me a "beaner" or the "n word" or any of the other (inaccurate) slurs :) grow up and get good!
I'm so glad overusing dodging and rolling are going to be punished in the next game. But why would you stick around for seven games for someone who spams and rolls a lot? I would have left after the first match.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I'm so glad overusing dodging and rolling are going to be punished in the next game. But why would you stick around for seven games for someone who spams and rolls a lot? I would have left after the first match.
I agree.

And because the lag wasnt too bad. Although it wasnt exactly decent practice.

Acrete

Smash Cadet
Played someone called Oliver on 3DS. We’ve got a long running rivalry going by this point and it’s a back and forth. You’re in my top 3 players I’ve fought online.

My tags Boss and I usually bring out bowser, charizard, ganon and Ike.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Word, dude. I still have some matches that I recorded that I'll post here once I get off my lazy butt. I think you're in some but I don't remember.

Yes there were tons of memorable users that I ran into many times. Linkshot, Nayru, you, Chan, Zero (not THE Zero tho lol) to name a few.

Hope to see some of you in the new game!

1FC0

Smash Lord
Mmmm... I feel you.
At least they can mess up,
Indeed, I often taunt noobs while I get them souped using stylish tricks but after many games I tend to lose focus and mess up. After that happens I am wide awake the next match, causing me to obliterate my opponent if he rematches again. But noobs generally flee after their first win.

{quote]
They got what they deserve.[/quote]
I have to agree, I certainly deserve those 20 wins I generally get before I dose off and lose.

Just leave with a GG when your done and find a better and more mannered player.
And that is why you are still bad. You need to learn from them. Also, do not flee after your first win, it is about being the best, not about winning. Losing with 1-20 and a flee right after the first victory is worse than losing with 1-40 without fleeing right after the first victory because in the latter case you get more practice against a good player and the glory of not being a coward. If the good player is nice enough to grant a 19 rematches and still counting, then fleeing after the first victory makes you badly mannered.

The taunting is all in good fun, of course. But no one worth their salt likes a coward.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Had to deal with a Roy named "eric" who thought he was so good just because he beat me, constantly taunting. If you're reading this, thanks for almost ruining my day. I almost lost my respect for the character. If I sound salty, well, I am. And this goes for a Fox main named "merdax" too. Had the lead by over 100%, then he footstools me, taunts, and saved the replay. The salt will take time to leave at this point.
Taunting is part of the game. It is a psychological war. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U are games that require emotional fortitude in addition to strategy, tactics, accuracy and speed.

Your emotional fortitude was lacking, thus resulting in your utter defeat. Train diligently so that next time you may be more powerful emotionally so as to defeat your opponent with rigor and strength.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Another reason why i also like smash3ds a bit more, can't change your nametag.
That is what 'I dislike about it. Changing tag to communicate would be nice. I miss such a feature. Oh well, at least I can still continuously taunt during the game if I want to tell the opponent that it is a good game.

And then they go and use Your Main to try to troll/p*ss you off I know I get it :mad:
That is another good way to tell people the game was good. Use their main to show to them that you like how they play the character.

1FC0

Smash Lord
well that's disappointing :/ i'm sure a few of y'all remember a few months back where I mentioned I faced zero in smash4, where I almost beat his falcon with my ganon.....

well apparently he deleted that video, so now I no longer have the proof of that moment :/ there is a big gap in his twitch videos from that timeframe when that video was made and when his other most recent ones were shown.

You'd think I wouldn't be so annoyed by it since I only won once against his link, but that clip of me doing really well against his falcon with my ganon was still a pretty proud moment for me, and yet now it's gone. :/
I guess you ought to have made a back-up of the video. But you missed that chance if you ever had a chance at all. Seems pretty convinient that he would have a huge gap exactly where you victory would be. If you are going to make it up, then why did you do so poorly in your made up story? ZeRo is not that good. At least not compared to me, but admittedly, that could be just because I am very great and ZeRo is just ordinary great. From up where I stand on the skill ladder, everyone seems like an ant.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I fought a pretty lame Cloud named Jere, who kept immediately using Limit Blade Beam for no reason almost every time, and taunted for my loss of stocks each time. He even taunted when he thought I would die to Limit Cross Slash at about 87%. Sometimes I wish I could get easy revenge.

However, I had a pleasant time against a Marth named Nova, in which we seemed to go back and forth in wins, with almost every game going to last stock. If you go here, I meant what I typed here.

I also had to deal with ANOTHER campy Samus named Eduardo, who only seemed to want to apply pressure with Charge Shot, and spike me offstage if possible. If you're reading this, thanks for torturing me in a matchup I apparently cannot escape online.
You must strengthen your emotional fortitude! Refer back to my previous post!

Top Bottom