• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who to second...?

Radarr

Smash Rookie
Hello, fellow Zelda mainers. :D

I main Zelda/Sheik. Mostly Zelda, but I can play Sheik pretty much equally as good as her. But, I can't pick a secondary. I was hoping you guys could help me out either based on similar playstyles... or even better, someone who can cover Zelda's weak matchups.

Thanks in advance, guys. :D

[Oh, btw. Don't suggest Marth to cover G&W, or anyone else. I have tried, but Marth's playstyle is just completely beyond me.]

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Well **** man, Marth is like the best person to match up with Sheik/Zelda I think.

Umm...Snake?

He counter marth, ice climbers and does good against kirby. That's pretty much all your bases besides game and watch, which I don't know how well he does there

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
It really depends. Do you want someone that is still your style, or do you want to go in the complete opposite? I mained Zelda, but used characters such as ROB, Ike, Metaknight, etc, on pretty good skill level as well.

Also, is it something more for fun, or tournament, or... meh, my mind draws blanks, but you get the picture.

Radarr

Smash Rookie
I don't like Peach's playstyle. Dunno why, I can do it fine, but it doesn't suit me.

Haha. Thanks. Maybe I'll try out Marth again. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to get it. :p

TL is possible. Maybe I'll try him out... dunno about his matchups though, if they cover anything Zelda doesn't.

Well, for now it is only for fun, but in the future it will be for tournaments. I would prefer to stay in a similar playstyle, but really anything is game for me.

Thanks for all your input guys. ^^

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I don't like Peach's playstyle. Dunno why, I can do it fine, but it doesn't suit me.

Haha. Thanks. Maybe I'll try out Marth again. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to get it. :p

TL is possible. Maybe I'll try him out... dunno about his matchups though, if they cover anything Zelda doesn't.

Well, for now it is only for fun, but in the future it will be for tournaments. I would prefer to stay in a similar playstyle, but really anything is game for me.

Thanks for all your input guys. ^^
Fair enough!

I'd say game and watch or if you're feeling really desperate then metaknight!

I second Peach and Diddy and I'm really starting to like ROB.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I don't play tourneys so if you want a secondary for that level of play, I'd say otherwise, but I think Captain Falcon and Zelda have a LOT in common in terms of playstyle. He has trouble with more characters than Zelda/Sheik but overall he is just REALLY fun to play.

If you want some more serious action going on...

Marth.
Tink.
Samus/Maybe ZSS.
Rob is one mean mofo.
Peach I hear is really good but I never tried.

Perhaps some upper tier character to balance things out? I don't believe tiers decide the limit to a person's abilities, but they're upper tier for a reason.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I secondary Fox, but supposedly he sucks in this game......

He goes even with Snake who gives Zelda a lot of trouble. He's decent against ROB, Falco, Wolf, DDD, and Diddy and people question whether or not he does decent against MK.........he's certainly in the top 20% against MK.

Zelda has trouble against all of these characters and I find Fox helps me out immensely. He can also deal with camping considerably better than Zelda ever can.

Lol, I rarely ever need to cp though because of Sheik. I pretty much only use Fox for Snake and ROB.

Bandit

Smash Lord
There is a list of common secondaries in the community center of the smashers who have contributed to it.

I second Marth and G&W. Marth is to counter the worst match-up Zelda has which is G&W (I suck at dittos, so it is better to counter pick). G&W is for Peach, Lucas, and Ness. I would suggest Marth if you are looking for one character to pick up to cover the horrid match-up of G&W.

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
My DK does OK against G&W considering I can't play Marth for sh*t either, as well as Ness and Lucas. Not to mention Zelda also does fairly well against the bane of DK's existence, DDD. I'd suggest giving him a try, he'll surprise you.

Lord Yawgmoth

Smash Apprentice
I think I will agree that Marth/Game&Watch are good choices

Okay, I'm not sure if this covers any weaknesses, but I've also been experimenting with people that have ridiculous chaingrabs,

DDD - Very Easy, good damage, good setups.
Iceclimbers Alot harder, instant kill.
and only recently:
Falco- Almost as Easy as DDDs, Almost as devastating as the ICs.

That said, I don't really play the characters, I just basically use their chaingrabs. Its simply fun practice for me. (plus with the IC's you can practice using their infinite against lv9 CPUs if you have no one around for a couple hours, you can't say that about most characters.)

;) just don't get people too mad at you.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
I main Zelda along with Marth and I've been doing fine, but for a while I was considering adding Diddy to my fray...

Bandit

Smash Lord
DDD is also a Snake counter. I use Zelda vs Snake because I don't feel the match-up is too bad that it can't be won plus she can still kill him at reasonable percents. If you are having problem with that match-up, DDD would be a great one to pick up.

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
ZSS. Their attacks aren't too similar but they have some odd comparisons. For example, both have very reliable D-Smashes and D-Airs that should only be used in certain circumstances. Zelda's D-Tilt and ZSS's down-angled S-Tilt both trip the opponent. Both have crappy running grabs. U-Air is a killer, U-Smash is a multi-hit move. Plus, if you're used to Sheik, you're going to be used to the speed and momentum of ZSS's techniques.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Sheik is a lot different from ZSS. ZSS has no shorthop and Sheiks game is centered around her SH aerials.

Top Bottom