• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who takes more skill Meta kinght or snake?

neji32

Smash Lord
This has been something that I have been argueing for a while, imo its snake. I think snake takes a lot more skill to win with rather than meta knight.

All of snakes tactics require setup basically. You can just boost smash boost smash boost smah(is that what his sliding up smash is called?) Fsmash. And put the opponent off the edge, Aerial them and they died. But with meta it can be as easy as Dash Up smash Up air Up air Up air Up air Up B, Dair and there dead. Like a basic strategy to ledge guarding an opponent is to set a mine then back up and use Forward B only to drop it and wait for them to jump up ove ryour mines so that they get hit by your Up tilt. It wasnt that you couldnt avoid that it was just a nice strategy that the snake set up. But a good player could get past that. Snakes have other strategies that arent cheap there just surpriseing because they did a set up that got you in a bad situation.
Meta knight is all about , im going to do this , you know whats going to happen but its either too fast or you just couldnt stop it. If links off the ledge, he know the meta knight will
A)grab the ledge and ledge hog\
or
B)Dair you
A link off the ledge doesnt have much options and will 90% of the time die.

Besides snakes have a huge weakness that unless there prepared they will die from. If they use there up too close to you, there most likely dead but i have seen some blow them self up to come back but its still a good gimper that sometimes work.

If think about gimpng MK, it will most likely end up being stage spiked by his shuttle loop.

EDIT- I MENT TO PUT SKILL NOT STRATEGY

Anyway, what do you think, who takes more strategy Meta knight or snake?

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
Well Snake's got two types of mine attacks, an up smash that shoots something, a guided projectile, and no straightforward smash attacks. It's all his tilts for close range, the Smashes are all tactical in nature...even forward to an extent. So just by design alone Snake is a lot more I say.

I mean....in the sense of indirect attacking sort of stuff if that's the case here, strategy is a vague term by itself.

CyanCyde

Smash Cadet
Two things:

First, you'll have to define what you mean by "strategy" to get the kind of responses you're looking for, as it's a fairly ambiguous term.

Second, Snake doesn't necessarily require more strategy just because he's a "less bad" matchup for Link than MK is.

LOLhahaDEAD

Smash Cadet
Most likely Snake, just because of the way his moves are designed. He requires a bit of planning, and you can't chase people as well with him. At least, from my experiences that's what I've learned.

FEJunkie

Smash Apprentice
It actually depends on how the Snake is played. Just using snakes tilts, jab combo, and mortar slide can actually be rather effective and doesn't really require much strategy at all.

At the high levels of play, most Snakes wouldn't play like this and would use more "strategic" play. At any level of play Metaknight doesn't really require much strategy.

So yes, Snake is more "strategic" only when you use him to his full potential. Otherwise winning with either character doesn't require much strategy.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
They are the best 2 it looks like but for snake you have to learn how to do ATs, timing, and several others in the mix. As for MK you do fair, dair, d smash, and up b I think that covers it. Tell me what is harder to do snake dash or up b? Thats why snakes are doing better in tournies his is stll one of the best and has AT's to up his game even more. MK doesn't have the AT's yet to give him that boost.

SmashAura4

Smash Apprentice
Is there any strategy to MK at all? My brother plays MK and all he does is fly around the stage flailing about. Snake actually forces him to apply strategy to his insane playing style.

So snake takes much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much more strategy than MK.

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman
Snake....by a LONGSHOT. Especially when some of Snake's attacks, like the Remote Controlled Missile, leave him vulnerable to strong attacks from opponents. There is no real strategy to Meta Knight...except spin in a tornado a whole bunch

meta master

Smash Journeyman
i want to end the misconception that Meta Knight take no skill. He has a strategy, however, there are so man n00bs playing him it looks like all that he does is spam the tornado, shuttle loop, Fair, etc. etc.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
people are saying he takes no skill compaired to snake and can you honestly say thats wrong we have all played MK and tried every1 you can pick, im sure you'll agree MK takes nothing compaired to Snake.

Snake's On A Plane

Smash Cadet

I'm not sure I can agree there.

hahaha nice!

As a Snake user I have to say he does take quite a bit of strategy to main (as most of you probably know) I place mines and grenades and c4 in areas jus so the player will be lured into another attack. Basically all of my attack are planned so that the player will fall into a mirage of explosions or a heavy A attack. Although I have played against noobs who spam ftilit and motor slide all day (yes motor sliding is not a highly skillful technique) So to be an effective Snake user I say you will need a lot of planning and strategy. I really dont know how to use Meta Knight at all so I have no say in his situation lol

MK doesn't need strategy whereas Snake does.
Once again, Snake isn't all that hard to learn at all compared to characters like Sonic, ICs, Lucario, PTm and Link.

Spacing your tilts so you can't be punished, learning how to strip grenades/nadeshielding and all that jazz isn't all too difficult at all. Snakedashing takes maybe 30-60 minutes to get down, C4 recovery is very easy to perform. While yes perfectly placing all his explosives to inflict damage on your opponent is a kind daunting task, the strategy of isn't isn't always too deep.

I think TL has as just as sophisticated camping game as Snake.

neji32

Smash Lord
Once again, Snake isn't all that hard to learn at all compared to characters like Sonic, ICs, Lucario, PTm and Link.

Spacing your tilts so you can't be punished, learning how to strip grenades/nadeshielding and all that jazz isn't all too difficult at all. Snakedashing takes maybe 30-60 minutes to get down, C4 recovery is very easy to perform. While yes perfectly placing all his explosives to inflict damage on your opponent is a kind daunting task, the strategy of isn't isn't always too deep.

I think TL has as just as sophisticated camping game as Snake.
Well, you still didnt explain where meta strategy comes in. But you agree snake had some

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
You can main MK in 1 hour, I could have mained him, but I never use him a lot.

Snake needs more skill. you need to use him at his best so he can be beastly.

xX Boezy Xx

Smash Journeyman
Each character takes skill to master. They also have two completely different styles of play so that makes it harder to compare how much "skill" is needed to master each character.

Anyway, I know this is just going to devolve into a "SN4kee and m3TAKNight iz bRokenz!!!111" discussion. Just thought I'd get my opinion in before this happens...

I Pika

Smash Cadet
Snake.

Mk seems to be more of a spamming charecter. Spam aerials, tornado and shuttle loop and you've beaten 80% of smashboards MK's in a MK ditto.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Snake.

Not that much more, though. And that could also be said for almost anything in Brawl, really.

Top Bottom