• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who should be the super secret unlockable character?

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
I Think my Hero should be a new character. As many People have asked, on this board, on this site, on gamefaqs, on gamespot, on ign, in Nintendo Power, GamePro, Game Informer, G4...everywhere. Sonic The Hedgehog! hes already started his application, too!

Lanartur

Smash Rookie
I always felt since i played ssb that Simon Belmont should have a place in the game. Could have a cool Draculas castle level as well. Kinda annoyed me when they ripped off his whip with shiek.

So I hope he is the "super secret" char.

Sensai

Smash Master
Someone who is about to make an appearance on the Wii. Or better yet, a character that didn't come from other games but just appears on SSBB as its own character
The first part sounds like Roy, and Sakurai's already said that he hated including Roy in the game. The second part just sounds bad, no offense to you meant.

That Sonic comic made me laugh, but he (probably) won't be the Super Secret character, as he's a 3rd party character. Seriously, the SSC will be Nintendo owned because it's going to raise sales of the games that that character is in. For this reason, it may even be someone on the VC (regardless of console/developer/etc) because it's hard to get the original forms of these games, so most would turn to the VC.

Vivi nobody waits for it
It's gotta be on a NINTENDO console/handheld. I don't think Vivi qualifies for that.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Well it's up to the pros , we don't know what people expect or want. So let's hope Sakurai makes a good choice.

P.S. It shouldn't be a 3rd party character.

dragoonv86

Smash Apprentice
i say banjo and kazooie cause i mean they totally kick as$ in the games they were in for the n64 (soon coming out on 360) having awesome grenade and ice egg attacks would just be sweet

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Rare, which is 3rd party. Not only that, it's owned by Microsoft.

That doesn't necessarily mean it won't come out on the some type of Nintendo system (Mechwarrior comes to mind, as does the Halo thing, whether that's true or not). But don't count on Banjo.

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
you know what would be hilariuos and never happen? If they tucked away Mario as the final unlockable! that create so much controversy.

mrmelee

Smash Rookie
Bomberman would be a great idea!! just imagine bombs everywere as his special... it'd be awsome! (I think ^^U xDDD)

P.S.: that was my first comment! I'm Spanish... so, sorry for my bad English.

dragoonv86

Smash Apprentice
lmao yes!!! now bomberman they seriously need to add him to the ssbb! it'd be so awesome. and yes i know that banjo is owned by rare and by microsoft right now but if you remember donkey kong was owned by rare as well but has been able to stick to the nintendo franchise. so i believe the banjo series should as well, cause i mean they kicked so much as$ with nintendo and i say still will kick more if they were with nintendo still as well

Sensai

Smash Master
I think the intellectual rights to Donkey Kong are owned by Nintendo. I really dunno much about this whole copyright jazz, but I think that's right.

Croco

Smash Lord
I don't think anybody who post 3rd party characters in this discussion gets it.. lol
It should be a 1st party character.. Smash Brothers is still considered all nintendo even if snake is in.
Putting a 3rd party character in as the big big secret would be saying.. "This character is more special then any of the 1st party nintendo characters in the game."
3rd party characters are being invited.. they might be unlockable.. but they sure in heck are not going to be the big unlockable character.

Normally the big secret character is the WTF character.. (and yes Ness was a WTF character in SSB64.)
So I am still thinking it either could be.. R.O.B., Alice, Dog (Duck Hunt), Dr. Wright, Mr. Stevenson, Nester, Tin Star, Professor Hector, Bubbles, and Excite Biker (Captain Falcon wasn't riding in his vehicle.. was he? The same can go for this character.)

Personally.. I would love to see "Dog" as the super unlockable.. And with the silhouette when he first appears.. the classic giggle/laugh look.

I think it works like this: Nintendo owns the character Donkey Kong. Rare owns the Donkey Kong Country franchise, I'm not entirely sure on that though.
Nintendo owns DK Country.. they even released DK country on the GBA after Rare was bought. Nintendo also owns the right of the characters in the game.
Diddy Kong Racing for the DS?
See what I mean?

Var Parasite

Smash Apprentice
Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Hilvarenbeek.
Defeat the last event : master and crazy hand with 100 wireframes and 500 hp , at the end master and crazy hand shrink and there he is : RAYMAN (no I'm not a rayman fan).
Or even better : a message : "You've unlocked the create a character mode!!!"

And here we go : But that's impossible!!!
That's exactly my point , you wanted to yell "WTF".

(Just in case this is a bad post , sorry I'm new.)

Sensai

Smash Master
Welcome to the boards, Var.

But I have to disagree. A 'create your own character' model would NOT be better....it would definitely be WTF, but it would definitely be 'teh suck'.

Sensai

Smash Master
The last one, just so that I can hear 'Sonic Boom' a lot.

[Edit:]

DAMMIT, I meant the sig to be off...must've clicked it twice by accident. Excuse me, ye moderators of the gods!

Falling Whistness

Smash Apprentice
Shiek.

You'll probably get Zelda early on and she won't turn into Shiek
cause she doesn't in Twilight Princess,
and you'll be like, "Oh, man! I miss Shiek!" and then Shiek'll be the last unlockable character. Suprise!

Sensai

Smash Master
Falling, that's actually not that bad of an idea. Although, I want the secret character to be someone that I haven't seen before. Deep down, I'm still expecting Sheik to make a triumphant return...

...so I'd enjoy someone that I wasn't thinking would come back.

dragoonv86

Smash Apprentice
it shouldn't matter wheather they r first party or not wat matters is that they are fit enough to be in ssbb and has the essence and popularity too

Sensai

Smash Master
You're right, Dragoon. It shouldn't matter. The best character for the job should be the character who gets the spot.

The fact of the matter is, though, that it DOES matter.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
What if it was the very first Mario enimy, GOOMBA, he would be awsome! And players would be like WTF!!!

Stats. (out of 5)

Jump ** (Gomba jumps pretty crap)
Damage * (attacks are weak)
Weight * (Goombas are light)
Speed ** (Goombas are slow)
Fall Rate * (Goombas are light)
Size ** (Goombas are small)

AAA : Headbonk, Headbonk, Headbonk...

Tilts:

Forward: Headbonk
Up: Headbonk
Down: Headbonk

Smashes:

Forward: More powerfull Headbonk
Upward: More powerfull headbonk
Downward: More powerfull headbonk.

Arials.

Up: headbonk
Down: kick
forward: Headbonk
back: Kick

Specials:

UPB: Headbonk, goes up a little ways.
BFoward: Does a headbonk forward
B: spin headbonk
B Down: Jumps and does a headbonk into the ground.

Yep I do think Goomba would be a WTF!!! Char.

Although I'd crap myself if he actually made it :D

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
Jesus would be way too good of a character with his walking in the water/healing abilities.

I would like to see:
Foreman Spike (Wrecking Crew)
Dog (Duck Hunt)

choppre

Smash Cadet
i dont know his/its name , but i say the half-man, half-machine character in the newest nintendo franchise, project H.A.M.M.E.R

StaticJim

Smash Rookie
LOL I KNOW THE ULTIMATE SUPER SECRET CHARACTER.....

DUN DUN DUN..... CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW lol i can see that happening:confused:

dragoonv86

Smash Apprentice
You're right, Dragoon. It shouldn't matter. The best character for the job should be the character who gets the spot.

The fact of the matter is, though, that it DOES matter.
i know and thats just not right still. i mean game and watch wasn't rlly that popular char. during the time that ssbm was coming out. but he stll did anyway. and yes it should be a wtf character,that is true, and banjo-kazooie would be a wtf character.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Personally, I think it will be some kind of retro-character. One that many have forgotten but still remember somehow. One like Rygar (I really don't think he will be in Brawl, but it surely would be cool) or maybe even Arthur, the knight from Ghosts 'n Goblins. But it's only my stupid thoughts!

EDIT: But maybe Frog from Chrono Trigger would be cool! Wouldn't it? (Watch my avatar)

Sensai

Smash Master
dragoonv86 said:
i know and thats just not right still. i mean game and watch wasn't rlly that popular char. during the time that ssbm was coming out. but he stll did anyway. and yes it should be a wtf character,that is true, and banjo-kazooie would be a wtf character.
The difference between G/W being in Melee and the new to be 'super secret' character is that the Smash franchise was not NEARLY as big as it is now (or, rather, the producers didn't see it as so).

How it is now, however, is almost like a political game; those who get in will be bettered, and those that are overlooked (on purpose) will be shunned and humiliated.

Top Bottom