• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who should be the super secret unlockable character?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Zero. He totally owns Mega man anyway, I would rather have Zero than Megaman or Sonic or Shadow.

Del Money

Smash Champion
i really want say cloud strife or crash bandicoot but i doubt itll be a 3rd party character, though sonic (my fav character of all time btw) is a possibility just becuz hes highly anticipated and itll probably be a surprise to most fans if say nintendo decided not to tell us if he would be in it then all of a sudden he pops up as the super secret character. my most like guess is a straight up nintendo character no ones would expect like finally a playable Mew or even Master Hand though MH would be ridiculous though. about as ridiculous as a playable Great Fox hahaha

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I made a list.

Dk Jr.
Bub & Bob (bubble bobble)
Arthur (ghost n goblins)
Bee (bee 52) yeah that one is kinda of a joke.
bubbles
Laughing dog
tamagon (devil world)
stanley (DK 3)
Snow brothers
Lolo and Lala (The Adventures of Lolo)
chef (burgertime)
A boy and his blob
Excitebike
Megaman
Any punch out character
Paper boy

Sega characters
Ristar
Dynamite headdy
Sonic
Sketch Turner (comix zone)
earthworm jim
polterguy (haunting starring polterguy)

Don Tyrant

Smash Cadet
i think it will be someone like wart from mario bros. 2 or agahnim from a link to the past.
someone who is very unorthodox and unexpected.

beebee

Smash Apprentice
I think daisy would be awsome to see
she would be like peach but only she would be stonger but not as fast
baby mario and luigi
diddy kong
dixie kong
waluigi

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I think the super secret secret character should only be a Nintendo classic.

I mean, seriously. People expect Sonic in. People expect Lil Mac. For that matter Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Stanley, Captain Olimar, Waluigi, Mona, Ashley, 9-Volt and 18-Volt, Captain Syrup, King K. Rool, Krystal, Wolf 'o Donnell, Daisy, Diddy Kong, what more.

But will any of these seriously be a surprise?

Repeat:

Will any of these be a surprise?

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I know everyone's expecting him, but Sonic will be the super secret unlockable.

Heliosmash

Smash Rookie
Jesus eh?...

...I like it! Nintendo! Are you getting this?

But seriously, if you're hoping for the same miserable anti-climax that was Mr. Game & Watch then you'll need somebody that provokes confusion, disgust and bitter seething hatred in all those that encounter it. It'll have be an obnoxious little clown-thing that's annoyingly unfunny. A bad joke in other words. But one that's cruel and admirably unmitigated. Which is why we'd end up loving it, like we did lil' ol' Mr. SOB Game & Watch. So, yeah, Tingle would do nicely.

Personally I'd like to be surprised by Chuck Norris just when I thought I'd seen all there is to see in Brawl. Forward Smash: Roundhouse Kick. Down Smash: Roundhouse Kick. Forward-B: Roundhouse Kick etc. Better the pristine Nintendo universe get **** upon by him, than by Sonic the bloody hedgehog.

Sensai

Smash Master
No no no. Helios, I loved your post until you ruined it by mentioning Chuck Norris. God **** you man....

Tingle would do very nicely, actually, and considering there are - what, three people? - who want him, it'd give us that kinda 'what the hell' thing.

Good thoughts...

And I agree. It's going to be a Nintendo character, definitely. Nintendo wouldn't make it a 3rd party character, as it will most certainly boost the sales of the said character's series. I wouldn't be surprised if it were some crazy retro character from a title that was just (or soon to be) released on the VC.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
It'd be awesome if it was Tingle. That would just make my day.

But I think it would be something from the classic Nintendo console that only had one game, yet it was a good game with a decent following. I can't think of many like that....but the guy from Burger Time would be SO AWESOME!

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
You should have to beat Super Sonic (super secret boss) to unlock Sonic.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
No no no. Helios, I loved your post until you ruined it by mentioning Chuck Norris. God **** you man....

Tingle would do very nicely, actually, and considering there are - what, three people? - who want him, it'd give us that kinda 'what the hell' thing.

Good thoughts...

And I agree. It's going to be a Nintendo character, definitely. Nintendo wouldn't make it a 3rd party character, as it will most certainly boost the sales of the said character's series. I wouldn't be surprised if it were some crazy retro character from a title that was just (or soon to be) released on the VC.
Exactly what I meant.

Tingle does stand a chance, because everybody somehow thinks he fits in, but nobody can figure out a good moveset for him, therefore nobody expects he will make it to the final roster.

But it would indeed more likely be an obscure Nintendo Character. But I do think it could be one which is so obvious, yet nobody thought of it.

Sensai

Smash Master
Oh, I have no idea idea what the general thoughts and feelings towards Chuck are at this point. I just happen to find the jokes dumb, haha. They were dumb the day after they surfaced, and they're still dumb.

And jeah, it's got a twin brother. This is the Brawl part of the forum, meaning that everyone posts here randomly without bothering to see if there's another thread like it.

Myself included.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
It's the inevitable backlash for any meme - Chuck Norris jokes become popular, the people who don't like it become more vocal, and more people flock to their sides.

I still think they're funny.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I think Pac-Man would seriosly be a wtf characture topping game and watch, Sonic and Snake, simply for the fact that he's very retro and unlikely to be in or have a good moveset.

Sensai

Smash Master
I wouldn't say I'm really vocal about it....just when someone says one, I make a point to point out that I think they're dumb. I assume most people just kinda read it (or skip it entirely) and say 'Eh, that's his opinion,' as they should. I'm not asking anyone to change what they think about the jokes, I'm just saying that I don't like 'em.

And Pac-Man would be cool, actually. And probably not all that impossible, seeing as how a lot of Nintendo personal seem to really really like Pac-Man.

fabianmo

Smash Apprentice
Well i think it should be Sonic, but keeping him secret till someone unlocks him
A character that would surprise me would be if they put Tingle i would be like WTF!?!?!?!?!!?!?! O_o

Smash_k.oed(

Smash Rookie
LOL, its so possible that pacman and 2 others, chuck and sonic are there but i think there just two losers, ill go with sonic, infact we should vote over this if stupid things are bothering others...lol

A sonic B Pac man C Chucknorris (LOL) D slippy E andross

are all possible things lol but im sticking with sonic lol...

Brains are tasty so embrace them

Barney needs to die... So join the kill barney union today!

Sensai

Smash Master
fabianmo said:
A character that would surprise me would be if they put Tingle i would be like WTF!?!?!?!?!!?!?! O_o
Exactly. And since no one really expects him AND since he's from a major series in the Nintendo universe, I wouldn't be surprised if he were in the game.

Demon_Lord

Smash Cadet
Daisy should be just because you have Mario and Peach you gotta get Daisy in there for Luigi

XsolidXsnakeX

Smash Apprentice
let nintendo decid but i think this fourm is owned by nintendo so they might monditer this

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I'm still hoping for Peter Pepper from Burger Time. Now that would be a real secret character.

Heliosmash

Smash Rookie
let nintendo decid but i think this fourm is owned by nintendo so they might monditer this
Surely they don't own this... do they?

I think you might be thinking of this board: http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board?board.id=smash

Whoever the super-secret-WTF?-character turns out to be (if there is indeed any), i'd like it to remain a surprise, so this means going nowhere near smashboards.com for about a month after Brawl is released. The same applies to all the other secret characters I suppose. I already regret watching the videos so many times. At this rate, by the time I play the game it'll feel old and unexciting. Imagine what it would be like to have completey avoided any exposure to Brawl and to discover Pit, Zamus, Snake etc. by playing it! Ya see!? This is just one of the many reasons why I believe life under a rock, or on Mars, or under a rock on Mars is the way to go. :lick:

Sensai

Smash Master
No, these boards are not owned by Nintendo.

[Edit:]

If those forums are indeed owned by Nintendo, it would stand to reason that they at least somewhat read them, correct?

If that's the case, then it seems that Nintendo is well aware of how much people enjoy the advanced techniques....which is a good thing.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I dont think there was a super secret unlockable for SSB. They were all fairly easy to get.

Anyways, It should either be the remaining third party character( Sonic, if confirmed) even more likely that Nintendo make it the character we least expect. How stunned were all of you when you saw Mr. G&W in Melee? I dont think they would be from a really popular game or any recent one.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I really wish that Nintendo owned this website. Then they can take our ideas into moderation. Still, I love the speculation of what's to come...

Top Bottom