• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who should be the super secret unlockable character?

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
The super Secret character will almost definitely be guessed by one of us long before the game itself comes out. It will either not be uspected by casual smashers who don't rigorously research Nintendo histiry or be a character over which there is considerable debate. In other words the character for which there will always be doubters Sonic and Miis come under this category, as does... Geno.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
notice that 2 out of 3 top tier characters aren't unlockable in melee, i say that they have the best characters unlocked last (not best as in "coolest)
i don't think developers exactly know how their game is going to be broken so that might be a little impossible. and not to mention that tiers only apply to certain rulesets, so saying top tier might not mean anything to someone who plays only team matches with items.

and i know someone will tell me that shiek and fox are two of the three best, and ya know what i'll say? let them play with items in four players on a wide, and i mean wide, selection of levels and see how well they handle, it's a different game.

but the super secret character should be a really bad villian, like Ridely, or an awesome third party character like Simon Belmont*did not mean to start a castlevania war*

Aaron_Sketch

Smash Cadet
I know tons of people who DON'T want Sonic for Brawl... so I would say somebody like mabye either your Mii, that guy from Balloon Fighter, or Pac-man. Um, yeah. I lack imagination today.

Xehanort

Smash Rookie
if sonic is in the game, then it would probably be revealed that he's in the game. And any charecter that we know is in the game can't be the super secret charecter. So it has to be someone that most people don't know about. liiiiiiiiiiike, Tamagon, or Tin star

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Waluigi was created for the spin-off titles of the Mario series. He's not even a true canon character to direct storyline of the Mario Series. As much as I hate Petey Pirahna(besides his SMS appearence, which was good), he's an actual main Mario character. Maybe if Waluigi was in a non-sports/party/kart title, he'd be canon enough for anywhere.

Yes, I despise crappy suggestions like him. As for the Miis, I like the idea, but what would happen if you have more than 4 or 8 Miis(I.E. if they have 8 players), and then another problem appears, what would happen if you have less? Color changes don't work too well for original styles.

Sonic would be fun to unlock at the end. Ness was fun, Mr. Game & Watch was great, and whoever the last one is, I'm sure he/she/it will be great too.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Yes, I despise crappy suggestions like him. As for the Miis, I like the idea, but what would happen if you have more than 4 or 8 Miis(I.E. if they have 8 players), and then another problem appears, what would happen if you have less? Color changes don't work too well for original styles.
The way I imagine it, it would probably just pull up a random Mii from your Wii to fill the spot, and change the color of its shirt for the team colors.

_clinton

Smash Master
How about Alis or Alys? they are both 3rd party, + no one will see them coming. + it could bring Phantasy Star fans to get the game. Retro to the Max.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
I would feel like I wasted my time if Miis were the last/hardest to unlock.
As frustrting a I find the sparseness of your posts, I appreciate having someone to respond to. And I must ak you, are you SERIOUS? I know you don't like Miis for no real reason at all, which leads me to believe that you don't have a Wii because no one doesn't love 'em, BUT Miis wouldn't just be a character, but a way to put yourself and any historical or fictional characters you want into the game. It's a whole new level of customization. Are you so superficial that ou will only be happy with badass characters?

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
I like the Mii suggestion. It puts me into the game, but in a Nintendo fashion.

I think that the WTF character will be the Balloon Fighter. He is a Retro Character, is unique fighter/style wise, and he almost made the cut last time.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'd rather unlock G&W again, no one was expecting him, hell no one would expect him again. When I unlock the last character I want my friends to go, 'WTF??' (good WTF not bad WTF) Miis would make me say W(why)TF did I even bother.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I'd rather unlock G&W again, no one was expecting him, hell no one would expect him again. When I unlock the last character I want my friends to go, 'WTF??' (good WTF not bad WTF) Miis would make me say W(why)TF did I even bother.
So, you're honestly saying that if you found out that the final character was in fact up to you, and that afterward you could continue to add a representation of any characters you wanted indefinately, you would be disappointed at that?!

StaticJim

Smash Rookie
i couldnt pick one eather sooooo i also made a list...

-Toad
-Banjo & Kazooie
-Sonic (sonic adventures
-Shadow (sonic adventure)
-Zant (twilight princess)
-Kuckels (sonic Adventure)
-Colonel Volgin (MGS3)
-The Boss (MGS3)
-Big the cat (sonic adventure)
-Mumbo (banjo and kazooie)
-Wolf Link (twilight princess)
-Mii
-Starwars kid
-George W. Bush
-----------------------------
ok the last 2 were little to much but yea...:confused:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
So, you're honestly saying that if you found out that the final character was in fact up to you, and that afterward you could continue to add a representation of any characters you wanted indefinately, you would be disappointed at that?!
Yes I would, I would prefer a Hii or a Shii but not a Mii. *Kaboom chic* :chuckle: :laugh: :p

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking Geno, Megaman X, or Sonic. Balloon Fighter is a good idea, but idk personnally i dont like it much. i didnt like G&W. the first thing i thought when i saw him was a big WTF!?!?
So idk whatever. It's not like our opinions are going to matter since we're not on the developing team and i'm pretty sure they stopped taking suggestions last year.
Unfortunately they only asked the ****... they shouldve asked us americans too.

Someone from Golden Sun like Isaac or Felix would be an amazing addition. I cant see why anyone would have a problem with that.

But thinking on it, a golden sun character shouldnt be the last though, but toward the last. Like a Roy or Mewtwo position.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I actually remember seeing a site where you could send suggestions. Course, it had already been up for a year, so it was indeed too late.

Sensai

Smash Master
The left paddle from original pong!!
You get digi-rep.

Waluigi is a dumb idea, seeing as how it's almost expected he'll be in the game (especially if there're going to be clones).

It won't be a 3rd party character, definitely. You can count on that. They will announce all 3rd party characters to gain support for the game...they're not going to keep any of them secret when we know they're there.

8-bit Mario's a neat idea, the problem is that it's STILL MARIO.

Whoever said G/W again made me laugh, but then I thought about it. It's actually not a bad idea at all, seeing as how none of us expect it at all.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Whoever said G/W again made me laugh, but then I thought about it. It's actually not a bad idea at all, seeing as how none of us expect it at all.
Why, thanky you, thank-you-very-much. I'll be here til Monday people!:laugh:

I'm pretty sure that would be the one funniest things that ever happened in the video game iindustry's history.
:chuckle:

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah, funny definitely. Problem is, it'd be a HUGE let down at the same time.

Then again, for all the awesome things we're setting Brawl up to be, the entire game won't satisfy a lot of us.

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
i think it needs to be a character like the super smash (the symble )item like the master hand ... well i mean some one like the wireframe sandbag master hand etc but not any of them wait i think it may be.......... moo-hahaha thats perfect...the final boss needs to be harder and more powerfull bcuz u can win without damage but... i'll go with THE SMASH LOGO (just kidding) well just a character with the same health counter as the master-hand etc.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I can picture Metapod's move list now!

B = Harden
F+B = Harden
U+B = Harden
D+B = Harden

It's perfect!

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
an old nintendo character that nobody expects. definately not a third party chatacter.

Croco

Smash Lord
Mr. Game and Watch again if ROB or Duck Hunt Dog do not make in Brawl as characters.
I do not see Snake, Sonic, or a 3rd party character as the hardest or last unlockable character.
It has to be something very unexpected.. Ness was very unexpected in SMB64.. Mr. G&W was very unexpected in Melee.. so to continue on with the tradition I would think including a nearly forgotten character in Nintendo's history would be the way to go.

Watch how it's going to be someone like.. "Dr. Wright" from SimCity.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think another retro character should be the last unlockable, no one expects those.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Waluigi was just an idea. And everybody is expecting a retro.

So what I think would be the super secret person to unlock is someone that didn't have their own game yet. Someone who is about to make an appearance on the Wii. Or better yet, a character that didn't come from other games but just appears on SSBB as its own character

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
everyone would be expecting a retro character. so they should have a new character. Wolf Link with Midna on his back from the new Zelda game.

_clinton

Smash Master
baby Mario on Yoshi is SMW2 yoshi's Island or the new Yoshi's Island 2: Yoshi Touch and Goal and a few others have the idea as well.

Not a bad idea a new character made with 2 people on fights other supports maybe?

Top Bottom