• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

Nappydude1

Smash Rookie
Thanks very Much and i thought i was doig something wrong lol! Anyway i love this thread i'm learning alot of things with Falco and a whole very new way i use my fingers and how i use to play with him...

BTW i know how to run off the stage slide my finger on Y onto B and then B to do a double laser, but i want to know how do i do it facing the stage when hanging on the ledge.

Thankz again..

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
1. I need help with mindgames right now. I've got the technical skill (At least I can pillar when I want to), so I guess I really need the mindgames.

2. I'm having trouble learning how to set up Nair pillar's, I guess I just need to practice it more, but a few times I've myself landing far too short of the enemy shield and getting grabbed.

3. I need to know who I shouldn't be playing Falco against, and who to take as a second.

Averance

Smash Rookie
Sorry I havn't been able to answer you guys, its just I'm not home right now and I don't have access to a computer. Currently I am at a friends house right now so I'll try to answer your question.

Pillaring, its all in getting in the habbit or getting a routine for your fingers. You have to get in the habit of making your hands faster. Believe me, at first I had a problem with this because I was so used to pushing different buttons that I couldn't get my fingers to push the right buttons at the appropriate time. Your doing everything correctly, you just need to do it enough times so you can do it faster, and do it without looking at the controller. I used to have a controller in my hands whenever I was being drove somewhere that we were gonna smash, while the drive was happening, I would push the buttons I need to push to get it as a habbit, so when I started playing the game when I got to the place I wanted to be at. It was much easier to do moves than before.

Waveshining, all you have to do is shine, wavedash, shine and repeat this. At first it is difficult, it will seem complicated because your not used to moving your fingers that much. But in the future afte about a weeks practice or two, it will become a habbit, a routine, and will be much easier then when you first started.
When u pillar, do you press down on C-stick for the dair or use down + a?

Nappydude1

Smash Rookie
Averance

We do pull down on the C-stick for the dair, i use to do it with down-A but it was very slow compared the c-stick.Ok i started to practise my pillaring just yesterday and i took about two hours to get the timing right, after i had to use it in a match with others which was very fricking hard.

Here's how i do it, SH and flick the c-stick down do that with your Tumb FINGER ONLY, then pull the joystick down quick and press L right after quickly after L-Canceling press B then repeat from the start. It is a very fast process because you have to FF and L-cancel i can't do it in a match yet because my fingers just can't remember bec i don't have it natural. Hope i helped a little...

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Good job helping him out Nappydude :chuckle:.

I'm sorry Vyse, I honestly don't know much about falco language, I kinda get what your saying about Nair pillars, but I don't fully understand, maybe someone else though. So tell me what you mean when you reply again. Like do you mean, Nair shine, Nair shine?

And guys, I need some help. I made a combo vid, and I'm not making it a video yet because I don't have a good name. I want you guys to go to this thread and discuss the three names:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=93845&page=3

1. Shiz'd Blind
2. You got Shiz'd on
3. I can push buttons Fast

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Actually, the definition of pillaring is repeating the process of Dairs and Shines to weaken, break a shield, or otherwise force an opponent to retreat.

Some people use it to describe shine combos, etc, but that's using the word incorrectly.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Any tips to get the shuffl down? It's currently my largest issue. I can short hop obviously, fast falling is simple, and I get the concept of l-cancel, and when concentrating can do all of them together, just not as consistent as I'd like. Having it down smooth would likely help my Falcon too. Shuffling is really my only concern right now, pillaring and waveshining can wait. I've got most of the other neat tricks down, including LHDL and firefox ledge stall.

Also, I've recently been trying the y-button for SHL, and surpirsingly, it's been more consistent than the x-button! It feels awkward for me though. Should I stick with the x-button which feel more comfortable, or should I retrain myself to use the y-button?

shanus

Smash Hero
ive got all the techniques down besides repeatedly JC'd shines without leaving the ground. I can always get it like a hard above the ground, but never without leaving it. I even try holding the cntroller weird to do it. Any tips on how to get the speed right, or is it just straight practice and button mashing?

Zack353

Smash Ace
My nair approach is solid, but I tend to get shieldgrabbed sometimes when I dair to shine. How do I prevent this? (Yes I am fastfalling)

MasterGary

Smash Ace
ive got all the techniques down besides repeatedly JC'd shines without leaving the ground. I can always get it like a hard above the ground, but never without leaving it. I even try holding the cntroller weird to do it. Any tips on how to get the speed right, or is it just straight practice and button mashing?
i used to hav problems witht his. but all u got to do is hold down on the control sick pres b and keep sliding ur thumb from y to b. when u get the timing right it becomes easier. but i still havint masterd it yet.

Abulize

Smash Journeyman
My nair approach is solid, but I tend to get shieldgrabbed sometimes when I dair to shine. How do I prevent this? (Yes I am fastfalling)
You're most likely executing the dair too early which allows more time for your opponent to grab. In order to do it properly you have to wait a lil' later in the jump and then dair. Then your opponent can still SG you but they'll only have 1 frame to do it which makes it next to impossible.

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
Nice vid. Made that all yourselves? I underestimated tilt up a I guess o_O

I tried your tips and now my shffls go faster and I screw them up less. I practice cstick sffls+shine. If I screw up my l-cancel, the shine fails. So I will know when I do **** =).

Somehow, ater getting the shffls right, everything worked. My wavedashes got MUCH better ( they kinda sucked before. And in matched probably still do but I could wd a few times over FD back and forth without fail). I learned JC grabs. And now I got the shffl+shine+jump+shine+jump+ana combo down *sometimes* (at a lv1 fox tho >_<) .

So anyhow. It helped. Thanks. And you shouldnt show your own picture on that vid I think. It makes you look... like you're making it to be famous in ssbm, which is pointless at itself. And slick, as well.

Cool Name tho =) And amazing vid.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I just wanted to show a pic of myself because its a combo vid by me. Nothing more, if people think I'm trying to make it famous in ssbm or whatever, they can think that lol.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
TheKneeOfJustice,

What do you mean by getting the shuffling down? Do you mean like consistently L-canceling? And honestly I think you should play with Y untill it gets more comfortable for you, but if it doesn't, just keep playing with X, theres many great Falco players out there that play with X, like FlowinWater. If you mean consistenly L-canceling, I'd suggest what I told that other kid. Just jump around on FD doing Dair shine, dair shine, and then do Nair shine, Nair shine, and Then Bair shine then Fair shine, once you can do all of these consistently l-canceling it. I want you to stay in one spot and do Nair shine, nair shine, and then the other ones.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Should I be attempting to jump cancelling these? (as in pseudo pillaring the shuffl's).

In your professional opinion, does it make any sort of time difference to use x or y? And which buttons do you use for what, ie SHL, shuffl's, wavedashing, waveshining, etc.

Any tips to get the Shine -> Bair combo, and who does it work on at about what percents. I can do it when I Shine, then jump cancel it using the analog stick for the second jump, and using c-stick for the Bair. But whenver I see you do it, it just seems to come out so rediculously fast.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I use Y for Jumping. I use X and R for wavedashing out of shines and wavedashing. I use the control stick to wavedash out of my shield(For some reason), and I use it to jump cancel my shine to do the bair when being in the air. For light shielding I use L, for normal shielding I use R. Thats about it for that, but you should do whatever is comfortable for you. I play in different ways....

Everyone does. I'd say the only reason Y is better than X is because its easier to do jump canceled shines, and you can probably do some things more quicker.

Shine to Bair works on any char any damage I think, you just have to make sure you time it right. Like you don't want to do it too fast or too slow, even if you do do it slow, I bet its still faster then when you jump out of the shine with X and do a bair.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
TheKneeOfJustice,

No I don't think so, the only move that cancels out is when you do a fast bair when your on the platform falling through it.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
No problem man, any questions I'll answer, go ahead and ask TheKneeOfJustice or anyone else that has a lot of questions lol.

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
Shiz, I've got a quick question for you. On your combo vid, when fighting a doc on pokemon stadium, you bair him off the stage and while he's recovering(about 5:13-15), you do a bunch of shine stuff... some say you were just doing shine turns, but it looks different than that, I think. Are you just shine turning or actually do JC shines? If the case is the latter, how do you manage to pull it off in such a manner that there aren't any sparks coming off from the JC shine like normal?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Nah, I was just shine turning really fast, at the beginning of the video, I was doing JC'ed shines :). But I can do JC'ed shines almost that fast and that many.

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
Boo for shine turning, my life is incomplete now =P

Why wouldn't you just JC shine to break shields instead of doing the actual dair shine dair shine pillaring? It would seem that if you JC shine that fast, it'd break shields easier, but I might be crazy, correct me if I'm wrong, please.

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
there was absolutely 0 provocation in that post. The "you" was the general sense of "you" that english fails at expressing. If you would rather have me write it this way: why would ONE not use JCd shines instead of Pillaring. What's better about pillaring, or is it just easier than JCing that many times for one to do?

Besser für dich?

Top Bottom