• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

M3RC

Smash Apprentice
Yo Shiz, I just started playing Falco but i think im progressing quickly. Every time I need something to refer to tweak my technique or whatever I watch you, PC Chris, and Bomsoldier vids. What im getting at is, I want to money match you this summer in Florida. So set some time aside to get that ayaz beat haha.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
This can apply to more than just Falco. But, does it matter that I use the r-button exclusively for everything, including shielding, wavedashing, l-cancelling, etc. It never really use the l-button, it seems kind of awkward for me. Will the effect my game on any level?

Nurok

Smash Lord
Not at all at KOJ.
I may not be pro or anything at all, but i get by decently in MD/VA.
I use R for everything too. I can even do Shielddashes using R. It shouldn't affect your game at all if you know what to do with it. I suggest practicing using the R button in every situation u can think of.
-edun

South_Paw

Smash Ace
I gotta question for ya shiz... when you jump cancel shine. do you use x,y, or up? ive been wondering about this for a while. Forward uses Y and I use up, how bout you?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I use Y :).

And sure M3rc, I'll play you I'm going to the tournament this Sunday, Gigabits, be there!

:chuckle:.

M3RC

Smash Apprentice
I won't be able to come down there untill the summer, which hopefully gives me enough time to practice. Haha oh man, I cant wait to get my *** handed to me. It's gonna rule.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol, maybe I could teach you some stuff :). And get you better before you return to where your from :chuckle:.

InfiniteGXT

Smash Journeyman
Ive been getting alot better lately. The only problem is that when I play my friend I just cant seem to get momentum against his falcon or fox(fox is the main problem). I know my pillar combos should be destroying him, but I always get chain thrown to death for about 2 stocks in every battle. When I pillar him he is able to tech roll out of the Dair. And I guess I just dont know how to handle falcon.

I practice against fox all the time, see tons of space animals videos. He just chain throws me out of shield grabs. I try to laser camp and he just reflects it. I try to jump over the lasers and that can sometimes get me going. But as of right now his fox can 2 stock my falco consistently. How can I turn the tables on him?

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is DaShizWiz on friends name at his house.

InfiniteGXT, what I would do against your friends Fox is after your comboing him and he's now able to tech away, instead of doing the ordinary Dair, do a Nair, to a jab, grab him throw down and downsmash(I got this from Lambchops works really well). So what you want to do is to Dair shine, Dair shine, Nair Jab, downthrow downsmash, try that combo out. And if all he does is chain grab you, just repeat grabbing him back with upthrows and backward throws. Do backward throw to forward smash near the ledge, and do upthrows to catch them in the air with a shine to catch them in a combo.

Cheezzhead

Smash Rookie
eey shiz, im a dutch falco-player. i play ssbm alot (won championships as well), but I don't know specific tricks for falco. I do know things like wavedash, SHFFL, etc. but can you give me all (or most of the) tricks especially for falco?

fettrooper2000

Smash Rookie
could you help explain to me falcos short hop laser technique?? and the uses for it, and maybe a few general tips on how to get better with falco, thanks!!

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Sup guys, just returned from the tournament in Orlando called Gigabits. When me and my brother KeepSpeedN were in the Finals I forfeited to him, so I got 2nd place and he got 1st :). When vids are up I'll be sure to show them to you guys :).

Cheezzhead, when you say tricks what do you mean by it? Do you mean combos, damages, characters, etc? Just let me know, as soon as you do I'll be sure to reply :).

Fettrooper2000, falcos short hop laser technique is when you short hop, push b, and then fastfall towards the ground. The use for it is that it can stunn your opponent, it can be used as a mindgame, it helps you lead into some pretty deadly combos. Some tips on how to get better with falco..... you'd have to tell me what level your around and what type of stuff can you do? Can you wavedash/l-cancel? Stuff like this, be sure to tell me. And when you do I'll be sure to give you some tips :chuckle:.

mirage_drag0n

Smash Apprentice
What is the point of short-hopping lasers when u can just stay on the ground and fire them instead?
Also, after you finish shining your someone and you jump cancel it, what should you do then?

Jono

Smash Apprentice
What is the point of short-hopping lasers when u can just stay on the ground and fire them instead?
Also, after you finish shining your someone and you jump cancel it, what should you do then?
Short hop fast falling lasers cancel the lag after you stop firing. If you fire them on the ground you'll have lots of lag after you stop firing, leaving you open.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I'll answer this one. Jumping and Lasers are perfect because when you fast fall while the gun is still out. so it cancels it immediately. It also allows you to advance or retreat while firing the lazers, and you can fake people out with it. In general, standing and blasting will get your butt handed to you.

marthsword

Smash Ace
Sup guys, just returned from the tournament in Orlando called Gigabits. When me and my brother KeepSpeedN were in the Finals I forfeited to him, so I got 2nd place and he got 1st :). When vids are up I'll be sure to show them to you guys :).

Cheezzhead, when you say tricks what do you mean by it? Do you mean combos, damages, characters, etc? Just let me know, as soon as you do I'll be sure to reply :).

Fettrooper2000, falcos short hop laser technique is when you short hop, push b, and then fastfall towards the ground. The use for it is that it can stunn your opponent, it can be used as a mindgame, it helps you lead into some pretty deadly combos. Some tips on how to get better with falco..... you'd have to tell me what level your around and what type of stuff can you do? Can you wavedash/l-cancel? Stuff like this, be sure to tell me. And when you do I'll be sure to give you some tips :chuckle:.
Wow, I have so much respect for you. Keepsdn is your brother?

Ok, I know falco's fair can't be useless. I don't know how to use it though, I need help.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Marthsword, thanks I appreciate it :). And yup KeepSpeedN is my brother and so is SmashMac, if you havn't already seen this you'll see us at about 3 minutes into the video :).

Heres the link: http://youtube.com/results?search_query=FC6+Update+4&search=Search

And you can use Falcos Fair sometime against floaties as a Combo. Say you shine them, after you shine(example) marth, jump towards marth and do a fair, it can give marth from 0 damage to about 35ish.

TheKneeOfJustice, are you talking about short hop laser or the double lasers from the edge? If your talking about double lasers from the edge, just fall a little under the edge, and then spring up with the control stick pushing Up(once), and then push b, after you push b move forwards and keep pushing b. Be sure to make sure you push b before you move forwards or that will lead to a phantasm.

MangoFalco

Smash Rookie
hi shizwiz, uhm ive been practicing falco for about a month now, i pretty much need a technique on how to time my lcancels for my ariels...can you help me? or can you make a video? thanks alot :]

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
MangoFalco, a good way to practice your technique for l-canceling your aerials, is do practice it on Final D, not on training mode because you can't use the c-stick. Go to final D, vs like a lvl 1 fox. Keep your distance from him and just practice your l-cancels. If you don't get the concept of practicing your l-cancels, what you have to do is Jump, push the c-stick in any direction, then fast fall towards the ground, and before or when you hit the ground push l :).

Cheezzhead, some basic combos I can teach you for now(If your not that advanced) would be, Shine them, jump out of your shine, touch the ground and then forward smash. That works on fastfallers like Falco, Fox, CF. If your fighting a Marth, just shine them, jump out of your shine, and when you get the chance, run forward towards them(they'll be in the air) jump and do a fair. That can get you about 35 damage on them. Or if you can't get that, just try shining them, and then jump out of your shield with a full jump dair or double jumped dair, and then try to get an uptilt if you can when they get closer to the ground.

ForestSage, Its either I forfeit to my brother always or he fofeits to me. And yeah I wanted to be nice, I have like 800$ in my bank account from just tournaments, I had already won teams and was guranteed second place, so I just forfeited singles to him, so he got 317$ and I got 105$, but since i already won teams I had 108$ from teams. Plus the tournament before that one I won, getting a Wii as first prize with 150 dollars, so.... yeah lol.

Heres two matches from the tournament, if anyone has a problem vs Marth, just look at what I do. Many people know me for being extremely technical, but ALWAYS remember, when fighting marth, you must play smart. Like if your fighting a smart marth, slow down SLOWWW down, start playing real smart and use lots of lasers. If your fighting an agressive marth like Ken, you must go technical, because your mindgames won't match the technical skill, so you must vary your technical skill with your mindgames.

Heres the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urD2KcBDRRA
Second Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoQ4AuKMkoc

The person I played got 5th out of 47 people at this tournament. QueenDVS is a really smart marth, so in order beat someone smart(I figured out later in the future) you must play smart.

Edit: Teching helps also >_>.

jayrocs

Smash Cadet
Shiz i don't know if this has been addressed yet but what is ur timing for ledge teching?

I'm pretty good at teching the illusion recovery sideB. Not as much with upB however.
For me some days I'm really good at it, some days I'm bad but I just wanted to know, when do you hit L/R when recovering? And also do you Smash DI after you're hit, or if that even matters at all. I've been waiting for Viperboy to update his teching video with L/R's on the screen to help me out but its not out yet =/.

Also, as practice I go to Falco/Foxes BTT and practice recovering on the yellow boxes, i get the timing down pretty well on those but, when i play actual matches it doesn't work as well. Do you know if theres a difference between teching those yellowboxes and actually playing or is it the same timing?

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
Lol, I'll go on AIM MangoFalco :).

Jayrocs, the timing for teching is that you have to push L or R 20 frames before you get hit. You have to push it like, half a second before you get hit. And be sure to hug the wall before you get hit, you have to be atleast touching the edge before you get hit by whatever move. And no using, that yellow thing to help tech is much different then actual matches.

Edit: This is DaShizWiz on KeepSpeedN's name by accident >_>.

SuperRad

Smash Master
I'm slowly browsing this topic, I've only read a few pages in and this last one. I assume you have probably answered questions similar to these multiple times. If you dont feel like answering because of this ill gladly take my time to read through instead. now, on to the questions:
1) what kind of things should I be practicing to build speed and tech skill? right now im working on the basics (shffling, wding, shling, etc), but after i get those down what is kind of the next step?

2) i often feel like im not using falcos throws right. I guess i just dont know really when to use what, as it isnt as obvious as other characters.

3) my double laser from the edge looks much different then yours. i get one laser at the top of my jump and then one at stage level right before i land. I'm just wondering why this might be.

thanks,
srb

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
SuperRad,

1. Some things you could be practicing to build techspeed, is practice against a level one Fox because they are the easiest to combo. Jump around Final D doing Dairs and Nairs L-canceling them without hitting the Fox. Untill you master the l-canceling, you should start hitting the fox with those moves. After you l-cancel perfectly after hitting the fox with those moves, shine after it, and try to repeat doing dair shine or nair shine to the fox when he's in the air to make combos. Or to build your speed up, just stand in one corner of the stage, and repeatedly keep pressing Dair shine dair shine dair shine, untill sometimes you can't see the shine. But remember, when you hitting the opponent and then shine to quickly you won't get out of the shine. If you were fox it would work but since your falco it won't work because his shine is about 4 frames long. Fox is 1 frame long.

2. If your fighitng a fast faller like CF, Fox, or Falco. You should throw forwards and up. Throw them up when they're at higher damages to jump in the air and hit them with a nair, dair or even fair. If there near the edge you can throw them up and jump up and do a dair, because when you throw them up they automatically go to falcos right if your facing the right of the stage, or if your facing the left of the stage and throw them up, they will automatically go to the left, because of the way falcos lasers hit the character. Or throw them forward, after you throw them forward you should try to hit them with a laser to stun them in the air, and then try to downsmash them or dair them, don't forget, dair is unmeteorcancleable.

3. In order to do the double lasers from the edge in a row, you will have to (If you push Y) you must slide your fingers from Y to B really fast, so the lasers are close to eachother. They are only close to eachother when you push b extremely fast. But the easy way to do lasers like I do, even though I can do it with Y. Is I push down on the control stick from the ledge, and then up on the control stick from the ledge. Then you push b, after pushing b now start moving towards the stage, and keep pushing B untill your done with the two lasers.

M3RC

Smash Apprentice
Yo Shiz, im having trouble with my shine reverse wavedash. Most of the time it seems he just turns around instead of wavedashing backwards after the shine. Pointers?

Rock_Man

Smash Rookie
I'm a noob Falco, but I need help on Wave Shining. I just can't get the Wave Dash out of it. Can you help me by telling me witch buttom you use to jump, or how you do it in your own words?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
M3RC, the way I do the shine reverse wavedash backwards. Is I run towards the ledge, push down and B, and then you push back on the control stick so it goes in whatever direction your back is facing, and then just wavedash backwards. Try this, make sure you go step by step though to get the hang of it. At first I thoguht it was hard, but after a while you get used to it.

Rock Man, the problem why your not getting the wavedash out of the shine is because your probably trying to wavedash to quickly after doing the shine. You have to wait a little bit then wavedash. The buttons I use for wavedashing are X and R, but do whatever feels comfortable for you. I know some people that use the control stick for wavedashing and they do it normally without any mess ups.

M3RC

Smash Apprentice
Hey man I need some help with falco, how exactly do u waveshine, multishine, waveshine to grab the edge, and shine to grab cancel??? I've seen you do multishining on your videos and you are pretty fast at it, any advice?
I think all of that has been explained in this thread already. Search a couple pages back.

MangoFalco

Smash Rookie
I think DaShizWiz should go to San Jose State for their biweeklies so i can meet him =] and lose to him disturbing bad in falco dittos...=/

Aaron_Sketch

Smash Cadet
Hey shiz I need some help against Jigglypuff, normally I'm fine against *it* but then once jigglypuff gets me off of a ledge, I find that every time I try to recover, Jigglypuff will just hop into the air, do an aerial, and then I'd be knocked down further, where my recovery moves would be rendered useless. With Jigglypuff's fast aerials and extra jumps, i find that I rarely make it back to the ledge.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you have a solution to my problem.

MangoFalco

Smash Rookie
hi forward o im a falco nub i just wanted to meet dashizwiz yah noe? uh..didnt mean to challenge anyones falconess o.O

Top Bottom