• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs help with Combos, Damages, Advanced Tactics for Falco, etc.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
at first, thx very much DaShizWiz, but... how you've said, my Controller is "messed up", Im doing the normal Reverse B, but this Falco always stands still.

But...

I think maybe its because of my way to use the stick, I always "smash" the stick for FF or moving and DI while SHL, so im not putting the stick in his normal position i just let slip him back...
My stick is very spongy too... ^-^
well then by a new control.

Space_Fighter81

Smash Rookie
Yo shiz, i need advance on beating my boyz peach. Who would be a better match up, fox or falco?
one more question, how in the world do you do double shine without jumping on the second shine?

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
Yo shiz, i need advance on beating my boyz peach. Who would be a better match up, fox or falco?
one more question, how in the world do you do double shine without jumping on the second shine?
definitely fox. unless maybe if you're on FoD?
you jump to cancel the first shine, and then shine to cancel the jump. do it really fast, and lots of times, and you'll look like DaShizWiz himself.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
or use the analog stick. In practice mode i'm practicing on fox with the starman. And then with the anolog stick i can do double shine dair pillar. But i havent got it 100% consistent. Oh and I have done four shines with the analog stick also. I need to be able to do it consistently.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
it can be done w/either the analog stick or the buttons-- i use y b/c i jump w/it and i'm worried about breaking my controller if i use the stick.

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
Since I'm too lazy to log into my other name I'll tell you guys on this name(DaShizWiz speaking)

I think against Peach it is much easier to fight her with Fox. All you do is waveshine to upsmash or drill waveshine. From a tournament about a month ago I have a vid of me playing vs a Peach(XIF) with Fox. Before I post that link I'll tell you what falcos should do to peach. You should do lots of Dairs because if peach is crouch canceling it will stun her so it takes her out of the crouching position, don't do Nairs to frequently. Once you hit a dair shine on a peach do a Uair, don't try to combo peach untill later damages because she is super floaty and its easy for her to get out of combos.

The double shines, it just depends on you. Like I can do it in almost three ways. I can do it with X, Y, or control stick. You don't necessarily have to slide your fingers from Y to B, or from X to B(Yeah its possible with X). Because the timing is somewhat difficult. If your more comfortable just push Y and then B really quickly. I can multiple shines like that, and I'm pretty sure anyone can if they practice it. But try it in all the ways I said. Slide from Y to B. Slide from X to B. Or use the control stick.

:chuckle:.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I know how to do the RSHL. However, when I do it I lose my momentum and flip around in place, making it impossible for me to perform things such as RSHL edge hog or RSHL edge guard bair. What am I doing wrong?

Space_Fighter81

Smash Rookie
1st i will like to say thanks to all 4 there responses and advice. i don't have problems doing the double shine or even a triple at times but i always seem to jump after the shines. and the vs. peach question, what tactics or combos would i use with fox?

I know how to w/d, shl, l-cancel, shff, all the tect and stuff but i used to play as doc and peach, but now i pick up the two space fighters and i'm try to profect them but i seem to be having trouble switching between the two. my sh's and shl's would be a lil off. falco is my main, but i like to use fox for match up reasons. so what would you guys suggest i do?

last question, i use to go to nextus in boca, fl. to play against different smashers but they relocated to boynton bch, fl. and that a lil to far for me to drive and i would like to know if any of you guys here are from sfl where do ya'll go to play smash?

DSB

Smash Apprentice
By method, do you mean buttons or timing or what?

The real only way to get good at waveshining is practicing it. Its one of those things lol. But If you need more help on waveshining, I'd be glad to help.
I meant what buttons are better for waveshining or what is your way of doing it.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Well, the buttons I use for Waveshining are X and R. You should just go into training mode where nothing can hit you, and just practice your waveshines untill you get it at 100%. I just do down b, and then wavedash forward out of shine, and then repeat. Just keep practicing it, its one of those things you need to practice in order to master.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
I know how to do the RSHL. However, when I do it I lose my momentum and flip around in place, making it impossible for me to perform things such as RSHL edge hog or RSHL edge guard bair. What am I doing wrong?
you have to press jump while still running in the original direction. so basically make sure youre still runnign while you jump

Arryl

Smash Rookie
In one of the ditto matches, your opponent, as Falco, runs straight across the stage, fring his blaster while jumping in order to not have the slowness of the blaster. I think this is an awesome skill, but whenever I try it, he just dashes instead, I know this is because I'm holding the stick foreward to run, but when I try to put the stick nuteral so I can do the jump, he just jumps straight up, which stops his run. Now I know this could be just because I can't do it fast enough, but I was wondering if theres some other trick to it. thanks.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
So, for the RSHL I:
Hold stick to the right > SH while still holding stick > Flick to the left for reverse neutral B > hit B > Then hold stick to the right again?

This will stop me from stopping mid-air and actually allow me to RSHL? Thank you very much.

One more thing. For the off the edge double laser, I can do it consistently (about 80-90%) but my first laser always seems to be way too high. Like, not super high but high enough so it won't hit most characters (about the thickness of two lasers above Fox's head is where it always seems to go). Am I jumping too early, lasering too slow, too late, or what?

lengeta

Smash Ace
Arryl, you want to dash. When you jump from your dash you'll have that forward momentum, and then you can fire you blaster while moving through the air. You'll be pressing right/left with the control stick when you press jump, and it should be: dash->jump->stick to neutral->b->fast fall. Throw in a "tap the other direction" befor the "stick to neutral" for the RSHL.

If your using up on the control stick to jump, your going to have a LOT harder of a time SHLing. Learn to use Y or X to jump, prefferably Y.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
kashakunaki you have to drop lower. from the ledge, press down to ff to a good height then jump and press b as soon as you jump. if your laser is too high its because youre not dropping low enough.

TheMegaNoob

Smash Rookie
hey shiz, whenever i try to wd with falco i nearly always mess up, i press r and move the analog stick to early... but when i try with fox, ic, luigi and marth i can do it everytime.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
@meganoob: Falco's jumping animation is slightly longer ( I assume b/c his first jump is so high), so you have to wait a little bit longer (not sure how many frames) to before you can move the control stick and press r. If you slow it down in training you'll see the difference.

DSB

Smash Apprentice
Well, the buttons I use for Waveshining are X and R. You should just go into training mode where nothing can hit you, and just practice your waveshines untill you get it at 100%. I just do down b, and then wavedash forward out of shine, and then repeat. Just keep practicing it, its one of those things you need to practice in order to master.
Thanks a lot.

GimpyElf

Smash Rookie
Hey shiz, you think you could help me with multishining. I think (im a noob though) that I can shine cancel with 2 shines pretty well but I'v seen people do it many many times in a row. Any advice?

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
i don't know how good your falco is, but you should perfect everything else (pillaring, DI chasing, waveshining, etc) b/f worrying about multishining. Multishining is certainly flashy and is a great way to mix up your play, but it's not a necessary move. Besides, no one in their right mind is going to let you break their shield-- pillaring is just as effective.

GimpyElf

Smash Rookie
K. The only live person I fight is my brother (Sheik) and he tends to shield grab a ton. Do You think if I mastered pillaring I could counter it?

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
dont bother. if youre afraid of the grab dont bother pillaring at all. just shuffle nairs and shine out with a full jump or shuffle past and utilt.

you can also shl into grab, be creative.

MasterGary

Smash Ace
@gary: unless you discovered everything in this thread w/o asking for help, that is a ridiculous thing to say.
i could understand that u wanna know how to do certain things. but once u understand how to those stuff cant u see further than ur nose and find ways to use what u lernt? i personaly lernt sum stuff i didint know but once i got the difrent aspects of falco down i started lerning how to string together difrent combos and all those other stuff.

GimpyElf

Smash Rookie
FalcoLazur, I suggest practicing each part seperately until you can do them everytime and then try stringing them together

SH- (short hop) Not too hard. Just tap the X/Y button. If you can't get it everytime try sliding your finger over the button quickly

FF- (Fast Fall) Also not that hard. Try jumping normally and then hit down on left control stick when you are at the top of your jump. That is a fast fall. Now try this will an SH.

L- (aerial with L-cancel) Definately harder than the last two. For demonstration purposes, try this with link and his dair. Jump normally and do a dair while you are in the air. As soon as you hit the ground, hit L and link should pull his sword out of the ground much faster than if you had not. Now put them all together. This is pretty essential to Falco's play so get good at it!

OmegaEd0

Smash Rookie
I tried picking up falco recently, cause im in need of a high tier character, and i have this problem of getting shield grabbed immediately after i try to shine after a spike. Any tips?

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
lcancelling is the answer. if you do not l-cancel your aerials you will get shield grabbed almost 100% of the time.

edit: see hydro kirby's post.

Top Bottom