• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Misses Him?

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
*sigh* I do miss Melee's Ganon, which is Why everytime I can I play Melee with him... d<_< b...

Though my main is ther char in Brawl...

It's really a another Smash Bros, an entirely new game... and ganon

d<_< b..

BTW did this section got purged or something (watching the lack of topics)

ThreeX

Smash Lord
What is there to miss? I still play melee, how can you miss something, that is still there, in your possession? Unless of course, your one of them lame brawl-lovers, that said "HEY SCREW MELEE ONCE BRAWL COMES OUT."

That is what really confuses me about everyone saying they miss melee's falco, melee's ganon.. etc, it's STILL THERE, what is there to miss.. everyone is saying melee is dead, when it's still a great game. Stop being lame, first of all... who said you had to PICK one game, why can't you play both?

Oh wait, I know, cause everyone is trying to get big with brawl... screw entertainment, and trying to enjoy yourself right? Everyone just cares about putting their name out somewhere... and becoming "something"

ThreeX

Smash Lord
hmm, neways... i guess let's have a lil chat via the ganondorf thread :D

so, you like brawl more then melee? and who do you play? ike?

me, i don't hate brawl, but i really dislike it, like i said before.. i can't stand how people just quit melee for brawl, that's dumb :D

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I can't stand how people just quit brawl for Melee >.>

I play both. I like Brawl more, but I play both. I hope there can still be Melee tournaments but Brawl takes first priority for me. I main Wario and Ness, but I play Ike as a secondary. Ganon, too. Ganon's still fun to me but not nearly as fun as in Melee. Ike is kinda my Ganon replacement lol

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I can't stand how people just quit brawl for Melee >.>
those words almost made me wanna slit my wrist then flush it down the toilet.

anyways, yea.. @__@ brawl is fun, but i can't see myself going to a tourney for it, idkk =\

im pretty happy cause... the next tourney im goin to is gonna have both melee n brawl :]]]
so, tis gooooooood... I guess i main falco, and ike in brawl? idk... everyone says falco is cheap when i play him, so that makes me lol XD when gimpy had gone to E4all, and he had made that thread about brawl, i basically lost hope for it, but when the roster got leaked, idk why but that changed my perspective, i was dying for the game to come out... I wanted wolf in the game so bad, and when he got confirmed it was happy-time in my pants, but when i actually played brawl, i hate him... lmao

neways... melee falco > everyone, nuff' said :D

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'm in between. I didn't quit Melee for Brawl but Brawl is my priority now. I have alot of fun playing Brawl in both friendlies and in tourney. I still occasionally go to Melee tournies but I won't go out my way for it anymore. I honestly hate watching Brawl, but I have fun playing it.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Yea, that's pretty cool then :D sometimes i kinda feel harsh, talking about brawl.... but idk, it's just not really my type of game :$ It is fun, but there's too many things that I really can't stand about it... bleeh

one thing that i LOVE about brawl... is falco's character design <3 A+ on that 1 Sakurai..

Stormbane

Smash Rookie
What is there to miss? I still play melee, how can you miss something, that is still there, in your possession? Unless of course, your one of them lame brawl-lovers, that said "HEY SCREW MELEE ONCE BRAWL COMES OUT."

That is what really confuses me about everyone saying they miss melee's falco, melee's ganon.. etc, it's STILL THERE, what is there to miss.. everyone is saying melee is dead, when it's still a great game. Stop being lame, first of all... who said you had to PICK one game, why can't you play both?

Oh wait, I know, cause everyone is trying to get big with brawl... screw entertainment, and trying to enjoy yourself right? Everyone just cares about putting their name out somewhere... and becoming "something"
I couldn't have said that in a better way. If you really want to get big, then just play. If you're good enough to actually become something, then you WILL be found. So stop worrying about trying to be big and just play the game. Its supposed to be about fun and entertainment.

On another note, I started maining ganon recently, and he's really not bad....at all. You just need to play him differently and get his timings down. Its all about timing and playing the power game.

So to all you that just say "Ganon sucks!" Just remember that any character can be top tier...Just depends on who's holding the controller.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
well, yea o_O ganon is sick :S he's my secondary, used to be my main until i picked up falco.

he's a beast, he really is.. and i hate how people under estimate him, because he really is a good character, and i don't understand how is at the BOTTOM of mid tier...

ThreeX

Smash Lord
yea.. honestly, it's so much better XD not to mention ganon has a ganoncide now :] edgehop--> side b back onto the edge, if they go over to hit you... goodbye :DD <-- 1 thing i DO like about brawl-ganon, other then that, melee ganon is much better :|

Magus420

Smash Master
Well, I would still probably rather have his Melee over-B in Melee than his Brawl over-B in Melee. Brawl's over-B is much better for him in Brawl obviously, but I wouldn't say it's a big improvement to the move itself. Just about everything else about him is a lot worse so that he needs to rely on the move and its new properties WAY more, and makes it seem like it's overall much better relatively when there really were a lot of negative changes made to the move as well.

The Whiscash

Smash Rookie
Hm. It's probably because I'm just so used to the classic one, that it just seems worse to me.
): ): ): ): ):
(oh whoops didn't see that magus)

Magus420

Smash Master
-It isn't just not as much damage it actually does almost literally half the amount. In Melee it does 17% aka the same damage as his f-air. In Brawl it does 9% I believe?
-Doesn't have close to as much (if any decent amount at all) of the huge instant dodge effect from the pullback starting from the 1st/2nd frame. People generally don't abuse this enough defensively in the right situations. It ***** spacing and when used on getup. You moved back pretty much an entire body length instantly until you counterattack.
-Doesn't techchase nearly as well. In Melee the properties of the move allowed covering every single option they had when hitting the ground except for one which you could do simply by F-Bing in the other direction.
-Rather than being one of the very few combo starter moves for him by popping them up for a f-air to KO/d-air to techchase/d-smash/[insert **** here] you can instead sometimes follow it up with a jab or possibly a d-tilt when they bounce along the ground.

Obviously in the context of Brawl's physics the last 2 don't really apply with the lack of stun for combos and teching almost never being needed on the ground.

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
yeah brawl is mad noobish compared to melee. once brawl came out the amount of smash i played declined drastically. i happened to put in melee yesterday with a friend of mine and we played for 5 hours straight without even knowing it. with brawl, we woulda said **** it after 10 matches.

Fish13srg

Smash Rookie
Brawl's version of Ganondorf, in my opinion, is actually a lot better. He's just a completely different character now.

Yes, they changed the Side-B. But it has other uses if you know what you're doing.

Yes, they slowed down the standard A. But the side-strong got better, and the neutral A is still really good.

Yes, the down-B lost a lot of knockback. But if you use it properly, it's a hell of an aerial move.

Linguini

Smash Master
Im still playing him(not in brawl of course)!!
Im hosting a melee tournament this saturday where ill most likely be playing shizwiz so ill get the set recorded, its gonna be a blast to watch.

Zone

Smash Champion
Eh I got zelda *shrugs*
I miss Everyone in Melee,

Even Melee Zelda. :( No more spaced kick spam. Although Din's fire in brawl is pretty addicting. But I have more fun with every character in Melee more >.>;

I just wish SNake was in melee instead. he's cool

EDIT: Also Magus, My friend watches ur ganon, and ur teaching him lots of stuff to **** me with. Thanks!! (For real) More better my friends get, the better I will.

EX: *Oh i'll be safe from shield grab If I down-air behind his shield.* =Does reverse up+B out of shield=

D13

Smash Ace
I miss him. But mostly just his ability to L-cancel. >_>

L-canceling made Dorf awesome.

Renth

Smash Hero
Im still playing him(not in brawl of course)!!
Im hosting a melee tournament this saturday where ill most likely be playing shizwiz so ill get the set recorded, its gonna be a blast to watch.
I love playing Bronson, matches are fun and tight.

tell everyone down there i love them!

especially choppers

Top Bottom