• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who mained roy?

ikelegend93

Smash Apprentice
ya i mained roy and he did really good for me but hes slow so thats a problem but then again, hes strong which is a really good thing. I have a pretty aveage between wins and losses with him. What Else?

Milordog1

Smash Cadet
Roy's my boy!!! Don't worry. If your good with him He's very fast. Even if you don't SHFFL!!!

-Roy FTW!!! Hope he's in brawl

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
hes not that fast at all. scrubs.
Roy is very fast. only a handful of characters can move faster than him. scrub.

fox, sheik, falcon, fox, pichu, mayyybe pika, mayyybe y.link

and only the fast fallers can shffl quicker than him

and thats about it

ERK111

Smash Cadet
why do you guys even care how fast the characters are when nobody can even move at their peak speed anyways? just get more technical

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
roy isnt too slow and spamming shffls is like asking to be kneed in the face.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
let's get off the topic of how fast he is. the question was what Roy has going for him (not much). I think we can put a check on moving speed. anyone else?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Decent dash-dance? He inherited two of Marth's better ground-game traits - long DD range and a long-ranged grab.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
he's fast. he can shffl quicker than almost every character in the game. his grab range is ridiculous. his dash dance is superb. his d-tilt leads to an insta combo. his f-smash is ****ing beastly. his DED is beastly. he has one of the best wavedashes. neutral B ***** people who don't sweetspot. his jab is the best 'poke' in the game. up-air ***** dudes on ledges.

really the only bad thing about Roy is that he has a effing terrible recovery. and he lacks multiple kill moves. other than that he's straight.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Marth is faster.

theONEjanitor: His wavedash is long, but because of his slow jump I wouldn't call it one of the best. Helps spacing, and that's about it.

ERK111

Smash Cadet
good trolling attempt, mister
Ummm no, I wasn't trolling, I'm being serious. None of you should even care how fast the characters "can" be seeing none of you will ever be reaching that peak. Even the most technical player in the world (who btw still won't be able to move Roy at his fastest possible) would tell you he has room to be more technical. If you think your character is too slow, heh, get faster. Honestly.

Not to mention "fast" is a relative term.

Also, some things may be faster with Roy, some things may be slower. Are we talking jump speed, l-cancel lag, grab speed, dash speed,etc.

Also, you talk of fast characters as if it's an attribute. Speed means about nothing in this game, seeing all characters are limited down to their need to L-cancel, etc.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Marth is faster.

theONEjanitor: His wavedash is long, but because of his slow jump I wouldn't call it one of the best. Helps spacing, and that's about it.
dude, it is one of the best. this is how it goes in terms of wavedashes

#1 Luigi
#2 Ice climbers
#3 Marth/Roy

and Roy's wavedash is also relatively fast.

Ummm no, I wasn't trolling, I'm being serious. None of you should even care how fast the characters "can" be seeing none of you will ever be reaching that peak. Even the most technical player in the world (who btw still won't be able to move Roy at his fastest possible) would tell you he has room to be more technical. If you think your character is too slow, heh, get faster. Honestly.

Also, some things may be faster with Roy, some things may be slower. Are we talking jump speed, l-cancel lag, grab speed, dash speed,etc.

Also, you talk of fast characters as if it's an attribute. Speed means about nothing in this game, seeing all characters are limited down to their need to L-cancel, etc.
dude we meant in running speed (or at least I did)

technomancer

Smash Champion
He has one of the fasted DDs tho, and his wavedash is good and easy to space out. Speed is also the most important attribute in this game, possibly second to gay moves and combos. The best characters are all very fast (Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik, IC's, Peach being the exception) and have the best combos.

ERK: that's completely wrong, Isai has been 99% frame perfect with Falcon for ****ing ever, and Roy's timings are much easier.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
roy has one of the fastest arials and hes one of the strongest, so why do people keep complaining
1) No
2) No

Edit - Nobody was complaining... Roy's just not that good.

And... what is this thread supposed to be about? I couldn't really understand your opening post.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!

:(

roy has one of the fastest arials and hes one of the strongest, so why do people keep complaining

Btw... good wavedash =/= long wavedash

I'd take a quick, short wavedash over a slow, long one everyday.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
No. Roy is about 6th or 8th on the list of wavedashing. Marth is 4th behind mewtwo.
um....no. I meant what wavedashes were the longest. mewtwo has a good wavedash, but Marth and Roy's are longer.

Btw... good wavedash =/= long wavedash

I'd take a quick, short wavedash over a slow, long one everyday.
all areal dodges are the same speed, just some end quicker. so the only way one wavedash is shorter then another is f that character has a fast jump. and iunno about you, but I don't like the fast ones because they're harder to do. and for someone like falco, fox, or shiek who have fast but short wavedashes there really isn't a point since it's faster to just run.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
all areal dodges are the same speed, just some end quicker. so the only way one wavedash is shorter then another is f that character has a fast jump. and iunno about you, but I don't like the fast ones because they're harder to do. and for someone like falco, fox, or shiek who have fast but short wavedashes there really isn't a point since it's faster to just run.
I got many reasons to be :(

D

Deleted member

dude, it is not one of the best. this is how it goes in terms of wavedashes

#1 Luigi
#2 Ice climbers
#3 Mewtwo
#4. Probably not roy
#5. Still probably not roy :p

and Roy's wavedash is also relatively fast.

dude we forgot to tell u that we meant in running speed
Fixed. Anyways, his running speed is pretty nice, he has some nice combos, but one of his main problems is that he is, for some characters, the easiest character to combo in the game, being a fastfaller, while not being broken.

And his recovery sux, and he lacks very many kill moves, and his aeriels lack knockback, but at least he is more manly than marth.

vZakat

Half Genie
um....no. I meant what wavedashes were the longest. mewtwo has a good wavedash, but Marth and Roy's are longer. .
No, and here's proof from mew2king. Roy by no means has a bad wavedash but its not as good as Marth's or Mewtwo's.

Here's a list of who gets the best wavedashing distance, made by Mew2King and borrowed from the HUGE stat list:

1) Luigi
2) Ice Climbers
3) Mewtwo
4) Marth
5-6) Roy / Samus
7) Yoshi
8-10) Dr. Mario / Mario / Mr. Game and Watch
11) Ness
12) Bowser
13) Fox
14-15) DK / Young Link
16) Falco
17) Pikachu
18) Ganondorf
19) Captain Falcon
20) Pichu
21) Sheik
22) Kirby
23-24) Jigglypuff / Link
25-26) Peach / Zelda

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
No, and here's proof from mew2king. Roy by no means has a bad wavedash but its not as good as Marth's or Mewtwo's.
I see your point, but that list was in capability. It's hard to explain, but I've found that on a normal basis Roy and Marth have a better wavedash then Mewtwo or samus or even the ICs (although M2, Samus, and ICs have quicker ones). and I found on that list things like Bowser and Fox being in front of Y. Link, except their wavedash is really tough to pull of.

D

Deleted member

I see your point, but that list was in capability. It's hard to explain, but I've found that on a normal basis Roy and Marth have a better wavedash then Mewtwo or samus or even the ICs (although M2, Samus, and ICs have quicker ones). and I found on that list things like Bowser and Fox being in front of Y. Link, except their wavedash is really tough to pull of.
Ermm no, Roy doesnt have as good of a WD as m2, samus, or IC's. All of them use it and need it more than Roy, and all of them have better ones. Im pretty sure most people wont argue with me there.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Ermm no, Roy doesnt have as good of a WD as m2, samus, or IC's. All of them use it and need it more than Roy, and all of them have better ones. Im pretty sure most people wont argue with me there.
I'm pretty sure there's one scrub noobish enough to argue with you there...but not me. although i thought that Roy had a better WD then Samus, but the list said they were equal.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure there's one scrub noobish enough to argue with you there...but not me. although i thought that Roy had a better WD then Samus, but the list said they were equal.
Samus uses WD, and needs it, MUCH more than roy. Not sure which is better.

Top Bottom