• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who likes Delfino Plaza

ook

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's my favorite stage. The platforms are usually in good positions, there's sometimes water, and all the songs are really good. The music makes me play better.

Definitely my favorite stage :)

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I likes Isle Delfino. Knowing the timing of platform changes, for spiking and ganoncides and whatnot, is a good reward for study.

I have only one problem with it: Sometimes it improperly interacts with a space animal's Fire recovery, or Ganon's flame choke (probably others). They go through the edge, and end up inside, and then below the stage. Rather annoying. :(

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The stage is enjoyable too. You just need to make sure that you're on the moving platform once the stage starts to move again.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
One of my favorite stages, no doubt. Spiking through the water is just SICK. :bee:

But I love the music and variety of the stage, it's too bad it's not nuetral.

King GeGeGe

Smash Rookie
I love this stage, it seems neutral enough for me, and is really nice, has nice music, looks nice, and reminds me of sunshine :D all-in-all in my top three stages with lylat cruise and smashville

Live N' Learn

Smash Rookie
Delfino Plaza is great. I like it a lot. Good music, good atmosphere. They stay true to Mario Sunshine and it is a nice level to get away from the average flat neutral stage, but without being too horribly unbalanced and dumb.
Agreed it's pretty much an aboslutely great all around stage.

D

Deleted member

I liked the stage until I fell through it... now I avoid this level like the plague... I'm always afraid that when the floating platform lands, I'm just going to lose another stock... so yeah...

Zeonom

Smash Rookie
I like it very much cause it changes the plattform very much its pretty cool ;)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I LOVE DELFINO PLAZA!! its da bomb!
The above statement is true.

Best stage in the game imo.

And the best part? According to tournament vids and others, it seems to be considered legal! I'll be able to play on a stage I actually like! woot!

(I dislike Brawl FD...alot... and battlefield is meh)

Zetsuei

Smash Cadet
I LUFF IT

I love it when battlefields change over time; especially when I start losing, but we drop off at somewhere I have an advantage of.
No offense but this is what newbs do to prevent losing- but I see your point. It makes battles more interesting.

IMO it's kind of like Mute City- platform moves you from stage to stage where there are different stage effects, although DP is much more scenic and pleasant and calmer with no race cars speeding at you... until someone gets smash ball and pummels you :psycho:

Kraxil

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one who doesn't like it?
I don't even know why I don't, but I always resent ending up at that stage and I wish I could give a better reason.

PitMasta

Smash Journeyman
No offense but this is what newbs do to prevent losing- but I see your point. It makes battles more interesting.

IMO it's kind of like Mute City- platform moves you from stage to stage where there are different stage effects, although DP is much more scenic and pleasant and calmer with no race cars speeding at you... until someone gets smash ball and pummels you :psycho:
Me and diddykongmasta usually play with NO items, so we don't have to worry about the smash ball! :laugh:

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
It's a great stage, but I play Olimar and all my Pikmin die if I fall into the water =P

The REAL question is: Does anyone like 75m or Hanenbow?
I don't.
Sorry.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
love the stage, love it, love it!!!! One of my favs. Great visuals, fair neutral platforms that flies around delfino plaza, and great music.

Oh and Odlanier your sig is so so true. Thats probably one of the best sigs I've ever seen.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
Don't give me credit- I forget who I got it from, I just thought it was a good quote.

So, seriously, Am I alone on 75m? Too many ladders and hazards, and the platforms are placed weirdly.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
How 'bout Hanenbow? Anyone ever tried to land on that random tree sticking out from the left side of the screen?

Top Bottom