• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your most missed character from Brawl?

Most Missed Veteran from Brawl?

• Total voters

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I miss all of them, but my vote goes to Snake. He had the most unique playstyle in that game (and I'd be willing to argue for Smash as a whole), and there's absolutely no character in the current game who plays similarly. Plus, it's ridiculous that they cut an entire series from a game that's supposed to be about bringing so many different series together. (same thing goes for Ice Climbers, but of the two, I'd say that Snake brought more to Smash Bros.)

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It's between Wolf, Ice Climbers, Lucas and Snake for me.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Miss all of them, but definitely Snake the most.
He was incredibly fun, both in personality and play-style.

+ I miss his codec conversations. I already said this in another thread, but the codec conversations are 100 times better than Pit and Palutena's cringeworhty guidances.

Snake and Otakon fanboying over Captain Falcon = priceless

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
Ice Climbers. I played them a lot in Melee and Brawl, and I was sad to see them not return. I also want to see Ivysaur come back so we can have a fire, water, and grass type in Sm4sh,

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I want them all.

Snake for my playstyle.

Lucas and Wolf because I like the characters a lot.

Ice Climbers so I don't have to keep hearing how much better one of my more often sparring partners would be if they were still in the game.

And if I've already gone that far, I might as well have the pokemon. And Roy too, wynaut?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:lucas: got my vote, as I liked Mother 3 a great deal and I supported Lucas getting in Brawl. I also liked his contrast to Ness. And how true his moveset fitted with his Mother 3 persona extremely well.

:wolf: is easily second. There was no reason to exclude him at all.

:squirtle::ivysaur: next. They grew on me extremely, and their movesets where unique and very fun. Played Charizard more than them however.

:snake: I miss mostly due to him being fun to fight against.

:popo: I don't miss at all. Wouldn't want them back the way they where before. If they'd return without OP grab shennigangs I would be far more acceptable towards them.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I miss Brawl Marth and Lucario more than anything.

As for actual cut characters, however:
:snake: - Unique playstyle that was really fun, an awesome stage with awesome music, and just a cool guy all around.
:wolf: - I don't know why he had to go. He's honestly the only Starfox character I like.
:popo: - Again, they were fun to play as/against. I don't know how to say it, but Smash 4 feels incomplete with Ice Climbers.

It sucks we lost two whole series in Smash 4. As a result the game feels rather incomplete.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Do I really need to say who?

I liked them all, as they all had unique move sets. Cuts from melee were mostly clones, so I didn't miss them as much as the brawl guys.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
The only character I miss is the Pokémon Trainer, maybe Wolf as well.
I was one of the few who actually like switching Pokémon. That doesn't mean I enjoyed the Stamina mechanic though.
:(:pt::wolf::(

JimmyHedgehog

Smash Cadet
NNID
JimmyHedgehog
3DS FC
3497-0193-6314
Definitely Snake most, loved using him. Same goes for the Shadow Moses stage.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Lucas...Because my name is Lucas. :/ And I love mother 3

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Definitely Lucas, for me. He was mine favourite in Brawl, next to Zelda. I actually liked him better than Ness. I think he would have been a great character in Smash 4, especially since, unlike Ness, he has a tether recovery.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Wolf, since he was a total bad***, (that's why I'm doing a massive campaign to get them to add him in as DLC), but I do also miss Lucas, since he had a great story in Subspace Emissary and really got people into him and Mother 3. I sort of miss Snake a little too.

D

Deleted member

I don't care for any of these characters.
...Except for Wolf.

I loved his moveset and I do like Wolf. It's a shame that he had to get cut, especially when he is an important character in the Star Fox universe.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I liked Wolf because he was a spacie without the speed aspect, I liked the little touches they added to him like how he's always bending down and the *clunk* sound he makes whenever he lands. That and his moves are soo satisfying to land, his ftilt and side b especially.

And his taunts, ooohhh his taunts

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I maimed Lucas In Brawl. (I was never a competitive player there nor did I have any ambition of it).
I know his moves are available as customs... but still.

Snake is also on the list. Unique move set. I understand there might be some licensing issues here.

I don't particularly miss Squirtle and Ivysaur, but I do miss Pokemon Trainer's ability to switch between the 3. I know the 3DS killed transforming and duel charterers.

Last edited:

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Lucas had the potential to be the next Falco, a clone at first but as time passed become a more fleshed out character than a mere clone. I honestly thought Lucas was coming back with new moves, movements, etc but I guess not *sadface* now we only have one Mother rep.... again.

Last edited:

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman
Everybody except for Wolf and PKMN Trainer... Squirtle and Ivysaur's movesets were boring.

Oh gosh, I miss the Ice Climbers. :popo:

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Gosh, I was just positive that Snake had to come back as a character. Now that he's gone, I don't know what to do with myself... there's a void in my heart where that military man once was.

RIP 2K14

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I miss both Snake and Wolf the most but Rosalina and Mega Man made it up to remember them by.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I guess if I had to pick, I'd say Ivysaur, but I could always just play Brawl if I really want to play as anyone from Brawl.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I guess if I had to pick, I'd say Ivysaur, but I could always just play Brawl if I really want to play as anyone from Brawl.
That's the nice thing about cuts - even if they don't make it in the following installments; it gives you reasons to revisit older ones.

Most Missed: Snake
Most of my Sm4sh speculation consisted of me trying to find reasons Snake could return. His play style was super unique and awesome - exemplified his sneakiness. Metal Gear is one of my favorite gaming series and Snake being in one of my other favorite gaming series is an instant win for me.

Think that if mas DLC is announced and released around the same time as MGS5's release, we have a HUGE chance to get to see Snake/Big Boss. They promoted MGS4 in Brawl, makes sense they would do it again (as they don't care - it's cross promotion so both win).

Plus Keifer said he was doing a Mortal Kombat character voice....yet we don't have a character know to us that uses his voice and MKX is pretty close to release. Possible he just knew it was a fighting game and thought it was Mortal Kombat, when it could be, in fact, Sm4sh (Solid Snake Alt Skin ala Alph)

Most Shocking: Ice Climbers
I was the most shocked by the IceClimbers being cut. At the time I really thought they would be shoe ins because of their unique playstyle and they returned from Melee to Brawl (without getting cut). I just felt like after those two games they have become a staple characters of the series - would be like having Falcon cut in the next game.

Maybe we will see them back - if they worked on the WiiU version and they have the chant in the 3DS - Maybe the new 3DS will have the strength to have them function normally.

mighty bean

Smash Cadet
I never gave Snake a chance in Brawl, but now that he's gone I just can't help but want him back. Never played any MG games, and I always thought that Snake didn't fit in the PG-atmosphere of the game, so I felt that was a good enough reason to neglect him.

I feel like a fool :drsad:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I loved Snake's trap-oriented playstyle... I sorely miss him in this game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I miss :lucas:, :ivysaur: and :wolf: the most in that order.

Lucas because well, I always thought of him as Ness's companion.
Ivysaur, because I liked his moveset and he's my secondary in P:M.
Wolf, because my brother played him.

These reasons are all pretty shallow, but I digress.

:231:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Wolf, because my brother played him.

These reasons are all pretty shallow, but I digress.

:231:
I'm not sure if that's shallow, just a strange reason. My bro doesn't use Wolf, but he still wants him back almost as much as I do.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I miss ivysaur a lot. He was a really unique character due to his quadrapedial stance, and he used his vines to attack, which is a pretty cool thing to me. He had some cool moves, but ice climbers and Snake are also very close to my heart.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Just a thought, do you think Nintendo/Sakurai decide to do character cuts to keep each game unique and therefore more likely to be purchased?

Donkey Kong Jr

Smash Cadet
I'd say Ice Climbers and then Snake.

I liked both Squirtle and Ivysaur as well since they had pretty fun playstyles.

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman
Just a thought, do you think Nintendo/Sakurai decide to do character cuts to keep each game unique and therefore more likely to be purchased?
Probably not. Nintendo wouldn't want people to by an old unsupported game over the new, still being updated one. He cuts them because of time, originality, system requirements or if another character is a higher priority. If it was like that, Melee would still be in production and brawl would still have online.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
I miss Wolf, Lucas, Snake and Ice Climbers. Mostly wolf because he was a villain.

<Green>

Smash Rookie
NNID
CrabbyGuy
Ice Climbers, by far. Even though they wouldn't have the chain grabs for day (because wobbling and dededee must have pissed off sakurai) i really miss them. I can kind of understand that characters that were only in one game were removed, but i thought if you got in two, you were safe. Sakurai himself even said that Icies were working perfectly on the Wiiu, but not on 3ds. He said that he wanted too keep the roster the same to be fair, but why remove a working character? I hope they come back as DLC. Please Sakurai!

The Smashor

Smash Cadet
I miss Wolf. HE'S NOT A CLONE OF FOX PEOPLE. GO TO BRAWL, USE 2 CONTROLLERS, MAKE ONE PLAYER FOX, THE OTHER WOLF, AND IF YOU WANT AN EXAMPLE OF A SEMI-CLONE, FALCO AS A PLAYER 3! SIDE BY SIDE THEIR MOVE SETS AND YOU'LL SEE IT MY WAY!!!!
:wolf: is not a clone of :4fox:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom