• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your most missed character from Brawl?

Most Missed Veteran from Brawl?

• Total voters

smashboy12

Smash Cadet
This is a certain topic that I wonder what will happen. Well lets see!

_gold_

Smash Master
Snake was possibly the most unique character the series has ever seen.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wolf clearly i can see as this as mewtwo failing to get back in brawl (wolf was most likely meant for brawl)

Please accept more dlc sakurai

16bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
imsl1msh4dy
3DS FC
3136-7059-5966
Ice Climbers. I wanted to see some crazy desync, but I didn't. Shulk made up for it, though.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Wolf because he wasn't a clone and was the only Star Fox character I could bear to play. Also was a villain choice. Which are already scarce.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Snake by far, one of the coolest characters in the series.

pershona

Smash Journeyman
Easily Snake for being one of the most unique characters in the series, and one of the few Brawl characters i truly enjoyed playing as.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Snake and Wolf. I love Metal Gear, and everything pertaining to it. Such an unfortunate case that he's not around now.

Wolf was fun to play as and I liked his voice ha.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Poor poor Lucas. Was great to see EB get some more stuff and he was very fun to play as.

I feel more sorry for a friend of mine who mained him. Now he's still trying to find someone else.

Laniv

Smash Champion
Ice Climbers and Lucas, even if Villager, Rosalina, Bowser Jr, and Pac-Man sort of make up for them.

_gold_

Smash Master
Even though I miss Snake the most, I was most shocked when Lucas didn't make the cut. I can understand Snake, and Sakurai gave a reason for the Ice Climbers, but Lucas was a beloved new comer.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I was originally going to say Wolf...but then I remembered Squirtle and Ivysaur. I loved that Pokemon duo, but I can't pick between them...I preferred both of them to Charizard, but obviously he's the most deserving of the trio being THE most popular Pokemon on the planet.

_gold_

Smash Master
I preferred both of them to Charizard, but obviously he's the most deserving of the trio being THE most popular Pokemon on the planet.
I think you forgot about Pikachu...

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Charizard actually trumps Pikachu(and every other Pokemon) in general popularity polls. Mewtwo is generally voted as the second most popular Pokemon after him. It's no coincidence they both got special treatment with two mega forms.
Well, Pikachu has the advantage of merchandice. That makes it more popular than rest of the Pokémon.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Well, Pikachu has the advantage of merchandice. That makes it more popular than rest of the Pokémon.
Well, it certainly means it has more appearances on T-shirts and the like although I'm not sure if appearances translates directly into popularity, but I don't think this is the topic for this discussion.

Back on topic;

1. Squirtle and Ivysaur(Cannot decide between)
  2. Wolf
  3. Ice Climbers
  4. Snake
  5. Lucas
That order for me.

_gold_

Smash Master
Charizard actually trumps Pikachu(and every other Pokemon) in general popularity polls. Mewtwo is generally voted as the second most popular Pokemon after him. It's no coincidence they both got special treatment with two mega forms.
Are you kidding me? Pikachu is the freakin' icon of the Pokemon franchise!
I'm not meaning in the Smash universe, I'm talking about the Pokemon universe... and now we're getting off topic.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Ice Climbers, easily.

They had a completely unique moveset and were the sole representatives of a Nintendo IP. I really don't like the idea of them being cut. The others I can take them or leave them really.

sparkyb

Smash Rookie
Yeah I miss Wolf. At least Fox has a color scheme that resembles him :c

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I miss Ivysaur the most, followed by Squirtle. Charizard was my least favorite of the three, so of course he's the one that gets to stay.

I played a lot of Lucas, but I'm fine with him being cut. I'm much sadder to see the Ice Climbers go. I thought they had a lot of charm and brought more to the series than Lucas did.

I don't have strong feelings about Wolf, and Snake always struck me as out of place in a cartooney game like Smash (though he gets points for having a unique/interesting moveset).

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Personally, I miss Squirtle the most out of all of the cut Brawl veterans. I mained Pokemon Trainer and stayed on Squirtle most of the time. But of course, Charizard, my least favorite out of all three, made it back into Smash 4 and Squirtle and Ivysaur didn't. At least Charizard has changed enough for me to not hate him in Smash 4. I think Squirtle and Ivysaur would have been great as their own characters. Maybe DLC? (Please, Sakurai)

My list in order of the characters I miss go like this:

1. Squirtle
2. Wolf
3. Ice Climbers
4. Ivysaur
5. Lucas
6. Snake

Now, I don't hate Snake by any mean, I just don't need him to come back as soon as Squirtle and Wolf. I want all of the old characters to come back as DLC. Make it happen, Sakurai.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Snake probably had the most colorful personality and one of the coolest play styles in smash bros. A close 2nd is ivysaur.

But I miss all of these characters and I would want any of them back.

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
Snake without a doubt, followed by Wolf. I knew Snake probably wouldn't return to the series after Brawl, but Snake fit into the game surprisingly well, and even got me into the Metal Gear franchise.
Wolf was an odd choice at first, seeing as Krystal seemed to be a better choice. However, Wolf grew on me a lot, and wasn't a clone, like many had suggested. Of all the forgotten characters, he has the best chance of being DLC, seeing as he could promote Star Fox U and fit into the game nicely with his theme on every Star Fox stage.
Lucas wasn't too much of a surprise, given Mother 3's release a year and a half before Brawl. I didn't enjoy him as much as Ness, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't like him to return (but given that Sm4sh appears to be trying to forget that Lucas was playable, I don't see that happening).
Squirtle and Ivysaur were fun characters to play, but they relied entirely on PKMN trainer, and given that he left and Charizard returned, I don't see them returning.
And the Ice Climbers were characters that came from a forgotten NES game, and few people could play them well (those who did anyway), but they were nice to have.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I miss Ice Climbers mostly since they guaranteed there to be an Ice stage. Ice is my favorite level trope, yo.
Wolf and Lucas because I liked their style compared to the characters that they're based off of.
Snake was just cool even if I wasn't the best at using him.
Squirtle was always my starter so that's just bias there.
I miss all of them.
<.< Except Ivysaur....

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
Squirtle was my main
my heart stopped for a second when the Charizard/Greninja trailer played

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
My vote goes for Snake. He was by far the most unique cut character IMO and I really enjoyed playing as him. Though I expected him to be cut and I understand why he was, as the Nintendo fanbase is most likely not really familiar with his source series.

I enjoyed a lot using Lucas in Brawl while Ness was my least used character, but Ness' buffs in Smash 4 made that I don't miss Lucas at all. I miss his Up Smash, but not the character himself. I don't miss Pokémon Trainer because using him when Pikachu Jigglypuff and Lucario had no trainer felt wrong and, in retrospect, his gimmick wasn't great; nor do I miss Squirtle and Ivysaur because their playability entirely depended on the Trainer and they didn't feel as special as Snake. For the Ice Climbers, I never found their gimmick very interesting, nor did I like the stages they gave us or the fact that Nintendo did nothing new with the franchise outside of Smash. And for Wolf, he was my least favourite space animal to use and overall felt rather forgettable to me.

Overall I kind of miss Snake but I can deal with it, while I mostly don't care about the other cut characters. Though I admit Wolf is the most unfortunate cut when it comes to the character alone and not the playstyle; in fact I'd like to get him back with some new tricks and revamps.

Top Bottom