• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your hardest matchup<

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
I find it difficult to beat Captain Olimar becuase he is to small to land anything on. Metaknight too, but that's universal since every character board has some complaint about beating MK. And to my suprise, it is tough to beat other good Captain Falcons. You?

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
This is an excerpt from an advanced tactical guide for King Dedede (beleive it or not). Pretty suprising, but I do appreciate what is said.

==CAPTAIN FALCON==
Difficulty: Moderate-to-Hard
Captain Falcon hangs tough. With a **** strong air game and tons of moves that
are potent on the ground and have good range, Captain Falcon is a good example
of an enemy whom, even with no projectiles, can put up a **** hard fight. He
does have a rather long cooldown lag on his attacks, and that is your main edge
against him. As per tradition, Waddle Dee Toss from afar, and use quicker
attacks to rack up damage, before sending him out with Smash, Jet Hammer, or
a Throw. One thing to note is that Captain Falcon isn't really Gimpable due
to Falcon Dive being a throw, so it's better to let him recover, then take him
down unless you're **** sure you can Edgehog him (which is risky). He's quicker
than Ganondorf, which is exactly what makes him a lot more dangerous.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
This is an excerpt from an advanced tactical guide for King Dedede (beleive it or not). Pretty suprising, but I do appreciate what is said.

==CAPTAIN FALCON==
Haha. The DeDeDe I played would throw Waddle Dees to make me come in from the air, then shield-grab pretty much anything I did. I ended up trying to stay just out of his grab range (but close enough that he'd be afraid to throw Waddle Dees) and mindgaming him, because his grab range is killer, and his DThrow chaingrab and BThrow do lots of damage. And DeDecide gets really frustrating. But I'm fine with them thinking we're really tough.

As for hardest matchups, probably Pikachu, MK, Falco, Olimar, Marth, IC. Most of the characters I end up winning around 75% of the time after a few games, but those usually end up 50% or worse. Pikachu is hard because of his DSmash, FSmash, and Down-B, MK is hard because of his Tornado and DSmash, Falco is hard because of his lasers (although you can predict his kill moves pretty easily), Olimar is hard because he can destroy your approaches, Marth is hard because of his FSmash and counter, and IC is hard because of the grabs (although if you manage to not get grabbed they are pretty easy).

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
It's the truth. Out of all of those, I am beggining to think that Meta Knight is the hardest. But then again, isn't he the most difficult advisary to pretty much every character? Bleh!

Ayaz18

Smash Champion

==CAPTAIN FALCON==
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

how bout shield grabbing any of Falcon's aerials, then proceed to chain grab

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Falco.

His laser camping outprioritizes even your Falcon Kick. His priority is almost as good as Snake's, but his air game is a lot better and safer, and I think his D-air can challenge your U-air, which is scary. His CG *****. His Forward B is very gay to work around, and makes him hard to ledgeguard. Oh yeah, and his F-tilt has really stupid range.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
the hardest character to beat as a captain falcon mainer is luigi IMO
Darn luigi and his annoying..ehm..everything >_>

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Falco.

His laser camping outprioritizes even your Falcon Kick. His priority is almost as good as Snake's, but his air game is a lot better and safer, and I think his D-air can challenge your U-air, which is scary. His CG *****. His Forward B is very gay to work around, and makes him hard to ledgeguard. Oh yeah, and his F-tilt has really stupid range.
I've played a good Falco recently and found that if I stayed very close to him with constant attacks he was forced to go rolling all over. Eventually I could get him to roll into a charged smash attack. :laugh: Becuase I knew that he would roll right behind me, I bagan charging a reverse smash that he thought was going to attack the way I was facing.

Metroid87

Smash Cadet
I've played a good Falco recently and found that if I stayed very close to him with constant attacks he was forced to go rolling all over. Eventually I could get him to roll into a charged smash attack. :laugh: Becuase I knew that he would roll right behind me, I bagan charging a reverse smash that he thought was going to attack the way I was facing.
That's priceless. I myself like to do that when I recover from a stock loss and have a 2-3 seconds of invincibility. I run toward the enemy and charge a smash in the opposite direction waiting for him to roll in it. It works once in a while against weaker opponents.

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
Knee guards is captian falcons toughest matchup, he cant seem to put it on with his huge piece of manly knee

*somebody has to start, but then again falcon have no weaknesses thread = fail*

/off of captain falcon jokes

No one my brothers suck in brawl

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Anyone with a better form of CQC... Snake that silly Nair/Dair/ AnyAir A'Air is just too OP.
Snake Fsmash > falcon punch

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
To me some of IC's chaingrabs look pretty hard to do.... but other than that, yes, to win as Falcon it takes a lot of skill because we don't have any ez-mode way to build damage, no sword, and no projectiles.
Thankyou. Falcon players deffinetly have it the toughest this time around. Allow me to make a list of things that set us back.

1. Low overall priority
2. Low reach
3. No projectiles
4. Low grab range
5. Poor approach options
6. Slow damage build
7. Relatively dependant on air game
8. Mostly bad matchups
9. Many of us are still used to Melee
10. No sword
12. Not "item creating moves"

And that, Bowyer, is why we require so much more skill to win.

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
MK and Pit - both of them have good speed and ridiculous priority. (Pit's AAA and arrows clash with Falcon's side-B and Falcon Kick IIRC.)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
My hardest matchup with C. Falcon is C. Falcon because he's the best character in the game :)

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Wifi lag is also a really tough opponent. It gets really frustrating when my shield doesn't come up in time or I can't see a smash soon enough to avoid it.

Metroid87

Smash Cadet
I play a young link on WiFi against a certain Raidos. This lil' projectile spammer is a real annoyance and one tough matchup. I can old a Snake without much problem, a MK with good reading of the game, and a Marth with good mindgaming, but Young Link gives me a lot of trouble. Even when I read the game correctly, I still find myself often unable to dodge everything. There's always a boomerang flying somewhere or coming back to break whatever you're attempting, while bombs are falling from the sky with arrows coming your way from a running and camping Young Link.

I can maybe keep a 30-70 win/lost against this lil' sucker, but every match is a tough one.

Top Bottom