• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Is The Worst Character In Smash Brothers!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenith

Smash Ace
i would say kirby or Roy

M2 is only good if you consider Taj & Mookie, there are some kick *** Pichu players out there (S.O.S.), and a lot of ppl play Bowser well, (Gimpyfish & Uraj).

Kirby really has nobody going for him, he relies on Kirbicide, his recovery is more predictable than Jiggs' and his moveset isn't all that great.

Now roy doesn't really have anybody going for him either. He's slow, relies on SHFFL's, lacks good combos, weaker horizontal recovery than Marth.
But on the positive side Roy's SHFFL's are fast and his fair/dair/uair juggles well at low altitude.

I'd say Kirby.

BackSeatBandit

Smash Rookie
... What??? Considering this is only your 2nd post, I wasn't sure this if this was a joke or not...
Considering that posts on a forum have little to do with skill (well, none at all) I can assure you that I'm not joking. Just because I just started doesn't mean I'm a n00b at SSBM (or a n00b at all, espcially when I type much better than several regulars here, no offence guys.) Everyone has different opinions. May I suggest if you can't be open minded, to just stick to your own.

BackSeatBandit

Smash Rookie
Why don't you tell us who's the worst character? You obviously didn't say because you don't want to be flamed. I think this is just begging for a flame war to start.
If this was directed at me, I already stated my opinion of which character I think is the worst.

Moo2

Smash Cadet
IMHO, i would say mewtwo sucks... i realize i play mewtwo... but here here...
mewtwo needs brains to play... others dont require as much... so the more unpredictable you can be with mewtwo, the better, and most people just want speed and stats, so they dont really do as much and...

sorry, rambled a bit

if you knew how to use each character effectively tho, i have to say Pichu loses by a small amount

iankobe

Smash Lord
Personally, I'd say its either Pichu or Mewtwo. I'd say Mewtwo because his attacks are good, but they just don't seem like they can KO anyone. The main way of Mewtwo KOing ppl is his throws and/or his Fair. Seriously.

At least Pichu's got some awesome smash attacks. Right?

metroid1117

Smash Master
In my opinion, it's a three-way tie between Mewtwo, Pichu, and G&W.

Mewtwo has some of the best tilts for comboing, the best UThrow and a very powerful BThrow, a great recovery, a long wavedash, and decent aerials. However, he's big and light (which is the worst combination ever in a fighting game like Smash), he's not too fast on the ground, and can't be picked up easily; he needs a lot of practice to get even decent with, let alone master.

Pichu doesn't have much; probably the only good things he has are speed, okay aerials (NAir gets really annoying), and a good recovery. The most obvious cons though, are easily his weight, range, and his self-damaging attacks.

G&W has powerful attacks, a great recovery, and a good wavedash, but his dodges suck. His shield is the worst in the game (when you do his strong shield it doesn't even cover his entire body) and again, you can't expect to suddenly pick up G&W and master him.

I disagree about Kirby being the worst character in the game; his aerial game is good and he can pull off some nasty juggles on space animals. Also, veteran smashers will remember how overpowered his DAir was in Smash 64, and not much has changed in Melee except for the slight delay in the beginning. His suicidal throws and Kirbiciding can also come in handy if you're ahead by a stock or two and want to take down your opponent in the most humiliating fashion possible.

smashfan34

Smash Apprentice
my take on this.

I thought from the beginning pichu was the worst. and still do.
Im gonna say a couple things to add onto this.
On a noob level it doesnt matter what character you pick.
on a medium level it probably starts to matter.
On a high level you'll see a huge difference.
Now I play link, hes pretty much as average as you get. or the tiers say. im pretty sure hes worse than 12 and better than 13 or something like that. the main person i train with is a sheik, and im gonna say, the better the sheik gets the bigger of a pain in the *** it gets. but, I always seem to counter whatever he comes up with and turnout even with him. if you plan on going to tournaments, probably dont pick the worst character in the game. tiers are not that important, but if you are pciking mewtwo against a fox, itll probably make a difference. as far as worst characters go, as ppl have stated they are 1)mew2 2)pichu and 3) kirby.
I used to totally disagree with tiers but, I have changed and I feel they do have some effect on the game. because i read this one website that was like. say you have 2 people fighting each other. 1 has a gun and 1 has a sword. sure it is possible there could be a person that is crazy with the sword and can kill the person with the gun. but in a standard fight, the person with the gun should win.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
falco is the worst definitely......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................no..not really..i just cant stand em'.......g&w is def not the worst, its probably m2

iankobe

Smash Lord
I thought from the beginning pichu was the worst. and still do.
Im gonna say a couple things to add onto this.
On a noob level it doesnt matter what character you pick.
on a medium level it probably starts to matter.
On a high level you'll see a huge difference.
Now I play link, hes pretty much as average as you get. or the tiers say. im pretty sure hes worse than 12 and better than 13 or something like that. the main person i train with is a sheik, and im gonna say, the better the sheik gets the bigger of a pain in the *** it gets. but, I always seem to counter whatever he comes up with and turnout even with him. if you plan on going to tournaments, probably dont pick the worst character in the game. tiers are not that important, but if you are pciking mewtwo against a fox, itll probably make a difference. as far as worst characters go, as ppl have stated they are 1)mew2 2)pichu and 3) kirby.
I used to totally disagree with tiers but, I have changed and I feel they do have some effect on the game. because i read this one website that was like. say you have 2 people fighting each other. 1 has a gun and 1 has a sword. sure it is possible there could be a person that is crazy with the sword and can kill the person with the gun. but in a standard fight, the person with the gun should win.
I've actually been to a tournament where there was actually a guy that mains Pichu. I'm not saying Low tiers sucks, or Pichu IS THE WORST character. I'm just trying to say that there are still people out there that mains any character in the game.

It can't be helped. It's their choice. Besides, how would you feel if you see a Pichu wins the whole tournament? Surprised? Maybe. Shocked? Definitely. This is what Chu Dat is trying to do now... maining Pichu so that he can be a higher Tier.

Smash Master
I would say Mewtwo is the worst except that his throws are amazing, and, at intermediate levels of play, most cannot get around a well-placed shield-grab. As an intermediate player, I would put Pichu as the worst. His lack of range, power, and weight makes him very difficult to use effectively.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Mewtwo, he's slow, light, and a big target. Kirby's got a lot more than it seems, Pichu's at least got speed, and Bowser has weight and the fortress.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Maybe instead of going with the tier list people in both pros and intermediate could generate a list though it would probably take a lengthy amount of time, as too who their worst character is not who they main or whatever. It would probably end up the same way as this thread though.

Fletch

Smash Master
Considering that posts on a forum have little to do with skill (well, none at all) I can assure you that I'm not joking. Just because I just started doesn't mean I'm a n00b at SSBM (or a n00b at all, espcially when I type much better than several regulars here, no offence guys.) Everyone has different opinions. May I suggest if you can't be open minded, to just stick to your own.
Didn't really mean to flame, sorry if I came off that way, just wasn't sure what you were getting at, as Fox is on the top of the tier list and everyone usually agrees he is the best in the game.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
There is no definite worst character.

It's a tie between Bowser, Mew2, Kirby and Pichu... they all got a few things going on for them but they suck overall

Kirby is the one that will in overall fare better against the majority of the cast, because of his superior edgeguards. But he has disadvantages against every1 on the ground.

Mew2 and Boozer have the better offenses but they're big and slow, and that makes them easy to get beat down. Bowser is too easily edgeguarded, while Mew2 is impossible to edgeguard, but too easy to kill.

Pichu has a few combos, speed, edgeguarding, small size. But he really lacks range and is too light.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Bowzer and DK, mainly because they're heavy and slow. I'm not a big fan of heavy and slow characters...

marthsword

Smash Ace
Didn't really mean to flame, sorry if I came off that way, just wasn't sure what you were getting at, as Fox is on the top of the tier list and everyone usually agrees he is the best in the game.
Wait, he was serious? How is fox slow, and the thing about the deflector...oh sorry to flame kind of.

TheGSF

Smash Cadet
Wow! Yeah if anyone didn't hear who I thought was the worst characters, I said Bowser, DK (But seeing CJ in action changed my mind.) Game and Watch, Mewtwo. I just asked this because I wanted to get good with possible to GET good characters. I mean I don't see alot of DK's so I want to try to get good with him. I don't really care about flaming. Hell, its all for fun.
It's just a game. Roflcopter Droppin Lawlbombs in the Lolvano splashing lolva on the stfutank shooting lmaomissiles at the roflcopter during the lolcaust.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'm gonna have to say Falco is the worst character in the game. He's a faster, weaker version of Fox. Falco's jumps are also shorter than Fox's. Not to mention Fox's sword range is > Falco's, despite Fox's sword range being pretty awful to begin with.

But calling Marth's Din's Fire bad? THAT'S a new one.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
For those of you people who think that there is no worst character, rethink this through.

First of all, personal opinion or personal skill can't change how a character is.In every fighting game, there are character who are inferior or superior to others.Take Marth and Roy for example.Marth has overall more power,speed,and general ability than Roy.The only thing Roy beats Marth in is knockback.And knockback isn't one of the most crucial things in smash.If you want to see a game that has no worst or best character, play bloody rage on Newgrounds.The worst character is Pichu because he hurts himself, dies easily, and hardly has powerful moves.The Best character is Fox because he is one of the less laggiest people, has the shine of hope, and has excellent attack speed.

Ensee

Smash Ace
If you think Mewtwo is bad, just watch a video of Taj. But personally I think Pichu is the worst ever, why would they even put him in the game? He's practically useless, just a smaller weaker pikachu who does self-damaging attacks.

iankobe

Smash Lord
Let's clairfy another thing. People often think that DK and Bowswer is slow is because they don't know how to L cancel with them. These two characters are big, but if you know how to use them in the right way, they can actually pull of a challenge.

Bowswer cannot be the worst character because his Tilt moves are famous for edgeguarding and his Fortress is the second fastest move in the game. DK's Cargo Uthrow combo is already good enough to combo a good amount of characters.

And so I disagree about Bowser and DK being the "worst character".

BackSeatBandit

Smash Rookie
I was saying that he is a good character because I saw a few responses saying that Fox was the worst character, and I gave out some reasons for why he is a good character. It's alright, I just get a little tense whenever I join a new forum. I feel like I have to prove that I'm not a n00b, and that I have be defensive.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I was saying that he is a good character because I saw a few responses saying that Fox was the worst character, and I gave out some reasons for why he is a good character. It's alright, I just get a little tense whenever I join a new forum. I feel like I have to prove that I'm not a n00b, and that I have be defensive.
Actually the people saying Fox is the worst character are just joking around. i.e. saying Fox has poor sword range when...well, yeah >_>

But uh, welcome to the forum, just try to catch the obvious joking around, have fun, etc. :)

Skler

Smash Master
But Dazwa, Fox DOES have poor sword range! Its even bad compared to Young Link's sword range and that's just silly.

M2 and kirby for worst character (pichu is better then them).

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
i dont think mewtwo is the worst character because his shadow ball and grabs are strong pichu sucks hes just a pikachu who hits him self

IceCleaners

Smash Cadet
Irrelevant?

I don't know how relevant this is, but I had a friend say that pichu was put in the game as a joke. cuz pichu is so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom