• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Is The Worst Character In Smash Brothers!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
Bowser is an awsome character, and he doesn't suck because he has many tricks up that spiny shell of his, same goes with Mewtwo, have you guys played a professional Mewtwo?

Pichu?? hmm uhh..... well his up smash is pretty powerful...

iankobe

Smash Lord
Pichu's Usmash is the only thing good about him. Well maybe his Fsmash too. But that is IT.

Mewtwo on the other hand, is slow and big. But he has good grabs and tilts.

We have two characters right now and they are both LIGHT. But one of them is fast and small and the other is slow and big. Haha. Its your own opinion on who's the "worst character".

Think about it. Big AND slow? or Small and FAST?

Banksya

Smash Ace
I find it funny how this whole thread is made up of either noobs who don't know what they are talking about, or people who would know what they are talking about imitating what a noob would say. lol.

fox sucks, he has butt secks with falco. (so i'll join in)

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
iankobe said:
Its your own opinion on who's the "worst character".
Personal Opinion mean nothing when it comes to comparing characters since obviously its a PERSONAL opinion.

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
i bet if m2 went against pichu he would win.. na atleast m2 is not a copy character that is worst than the original

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ok, m2 is so not the worst, go look up a video from taj and youll belive me.
quoted for truth.

anyways, experienced tournament-goers usually tend to disregard tiers. it's all about winning and no johns lol >_>.

in my opinion, there are two tiers:
1. fox, falco, sheik, marth, peach. no counter characters
2. other characters, talented players can find ways to use them well.

you can name any non top-5 character and find a super-talented player who can win tournaments with them.

worst character? fallacy of logic: interpretation of language. people have different views of the word "worst." also, everyone, pro or nub, has a different paradigm of the smash world.

since this is a matter of opinion... well, i'd say bowser xD! although i'm sure arash could still kick my as
s.

BackSeatBandit

Smash Rookie
Actually the people saying Fox is the worst character are just joking around. i.e. saying Fox has poor sword range when...well, yeah >_>

But uh, welcome to the forum, just try to catch the obvious joking around, have fun, etc. :)
Eh...I didn't even know...in my defense, it's my first Smash forum...I guess I'm too tense from the GD at Gaia...

And thanks =)

For the topic...

I think lots of people choose the worst characters in the game as the worst characters they play as. For myself, I'm terrible with Peach, but I know that she is a great character and can be played incredibly.

I guess the bottom line is, the characters seem harder to use are usually said to be the worst.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
While this may sound bias, because I main him, I don't think Kirby is the worst because, say it's tied, each player has 3-stocks. The Kirby is at 100%, the Fox is at 0%. Kirby's recovering, Fox jumps out to edge guard, only to end up in Kirby's mouth. Now it's either tied 2 stocks each, or 3 stocks Kirby 100%, 2 stocks fox 0%. As well as his ability to edge guard aggressively because of his jumps.

On the ground? His crouch often gives a lot of characters problems.

However, he still lacks speed, power, range, weight, etc. But so does Mewtwo, and Pichu lacks all except speed, (And maybe power).

I guess the bottom line is, the characters seem harder to use are usually said to be the worst.
Not true, or else Fox and IC's would be low tier at least.

Bombco101

Smash Journeyman
I sometimes use Mewtwo, It's pretty fun teleporting around the stage with bowser trying to catch you.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Fanboyism will prevent this thread to go anywhere...

''look at Taj''
''Bowser has tricks up in his shell''
''Kirby can crouch''

At least you guys gotta agree that the title of worst char has to be decided between Bowser, Mewtwo, Pichu and Kirby... a little bit of common sense people!

But I would narrow this down to Bowser and Pichu.

Nights

Smash Rookie
See, the thing is with Kirby, He can easily kill Fox, or Falcon, or a few other fast falling charaters, (alittle trick i learned fromt he tournment) Don't underestimate any charater as there is no worse charater, but some can be more difficult to use then others. if anything, i think is Jigglypuff as a personal opinion cause, i mean, you die by shield breaking, is just utterly laughable

BigRick

Smash Master
See, the thing is with Kirby, He can easily kill Fox, or Falcon, or a few other fast falling charaters, (alittle trick i learned fromt he tournment) Don't underestimate any charater as there is no worse charater, but some can be more difficult to use then others.
I agree, once Kirby gets Fox or Falcon off the edge, they are done for. But watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPtFaDHeiNQ

I'd like to see you get him off the ledge lol

Kirby sucks... even though he is my secondary

UFO Hawk

Smash Cadet
I would say Ness is the worst but Simna is pro with him. Chudat is Pro with pichu two! I would probably say......No one. Maybe Mewtwo.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
well, samus sure ain the worst char. its probably mew2 or pichu, but there really is no worst char, its all how you use them.

BigRick

Smash Master
Don't say a character is good because sum ''pro'' owns with him... It is the pro that is good, being able to do so much with so little.

You and I will never own with Pichu, because neither of us is Chu Dat... now lets stick to our broken, high tiered chars shall we?

Oh, and I'd say that the hardest low tier char to use is Yoshi, because he is so weird... Pichu and Bowser are relatively easy to learn...

golden_leeroy

Smash Journeyman
According to the tier list, MewTwo is the worst character. After 5 minutes in the Roy forum, I left with the thought that Roy was the worst. But I have to agree with yorpy when he said that it all depends on how you use them.

BigRick

Smash Master
''The current list isn't about how good a character is, but rather how well does he fare into the current tournament metagame''

The matchup chart (when completed) should give a better image of who are the better/worse characters.

LOL at the Roy players, the existence of Marth allows them to keep a realistic image of their character. Go through the Ness board though, and they'll try to make you believe that he's unstoppable.

And no it doesn't depend on how you use them, some characters are better than others, bottom of line. We're not talking about Karate Champ over here guys.

whiteboyninja

Smash Ace
choknater makes a REALLY good point when he says that a person can learn a character and be very good with him..look at simna! although pros like azen and cjack can use pretty much any character to beat most of us, simna has developed ness probably more than anyone else in to a character that has LOADS of tricks up his sleeve. if you've ever seen simna combo fox in to a yoyo glitch, you know what im talking about.

mewtwo IMO is one of the most fun characters to play. his recovery is amazing, and his wavedash, upB, side dodge, and air dodge are all VERY condusive of good mindgames. however, mewtwo's problem is that his 4 worst matchups are the 4 most played characters: fox, falco, marth, and shiek. fox kills mewtwo at a BRUTALLY low %, falco's lasers totally destroy mewtwo as a large and somewhat sluggish target, marth outranges and outproritizes all of mewtwo's moves, which are often fairly short ranged, and shiek just kicks the **** out of him.

pichu, on the other hand, is PROBABLY a much weaker character than mewtwo. dont get me wrong, the little rodent is tons of fun too, but he's just pathetic. why is he above mewtwo on the teir list, then? because he does better against the space animals than mewtwo. sure, shiek and marth both still own pichu, but atleast pichu's terrible matchups arnt quite as overused as mewtwo's.

yup, taj can own me game after game with mewtwo.
no doubt, chu can hand my *** to me with pichu.
as a matter of fact, both of them can probably beat me any character vs. any character, because they are VERY GOOD PLAYERS. just because taj is amazing doesnt mean mewtwo is. however, it is possible that taj does to mewtwo what chu did to ice climbers, you never know. there could be developments where people get incredibly good at shadow claw comboing fast fallers, and mewtwo ends up higher on the tier list. only time well tell.

but for now, i hope that gives people a better idea of why pichu is above mewtwo on the tier list.

Ulttimaa

Smash Rookie
I disagree when it comes to Pichu.

I was just playing around with him, and I defanitly think hes a cool and good character.
Think about it.
If you got rid of the recoil on his attacks, he would be just as good as the other characters. The good(er) ones.

Anyways, I defanitly think that Mr. G&M is the worst.

El Gordo

Smash Cadet
I want to know! Who do you think is the worst character in smash to use?
(Not talking about cheap attacks, just the character with the least amount of positives)
Imo there are quite a lot of bad characters or characters that you could remove from the game^^ (Hope,the players who read this don´t fell attacked or something like that^^)
Mewtu,Pichu,Mr Game and Watch and more. Pichu is absolute nonsense in my opinion. :psycho:

XsolidXsnakeX

Smash Apprentice
I definitely think Marth or Fox. Both are the slowest characters ever. Fox's sword range is very short while Marth's Din's fire takes too long. No moves for either of them.
what are you talking about fox is one opf the fastest characters and dins fire with marth thats funking zelda who uses dins fire

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
what are you talking about fox is one opf the fastest characters and dins fire with marth thats funking zelda who uses dins fire
Are you trolling? Zelda does not use Din's fire. Fox is slower than bowser. Wow man. Are you being sarcastic?

BigRick

Smash Master
Um, you, at least a page back... Why suddenly change your opinnion because someone else says so? >_>

One could not really say whom is the worst character in this game, since the bottom 4 are quite even, imo.
Hmm I did not change my opinion, I just posted what Mew2King said, waiting to see some reactions.

Each char in the bottom 4 have their own set of few strengths/many weaknesses... so in the end it can be decided by what you believe to be more important for a char in order to win.

but the most funny thing about the Mew2King comment is that it is backed up with a nice video that I posted a few posts ago LOL

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
Imo there are quite a lot of bad characters or characters that you could remove from the game^^ (Hope,the players who read this don´t fell attacked or something like that^^)
Mewtu,Pichu,Mr Game and Watch and more. Pichu is absolute nonsense in my opinion. :psycho:

i dont feel attacked but mewtwo is not a bad caracter but G&W and pichu suck....

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
If you look at Pichus trophy descriptions, the game even says, ...he's best suited for Handicapped matches... so that means the game designers meant him to be the worst character

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
If you look at Pichus trophy descriptions, the game even says, ...he's best suited for Handicapped matches... so that means the game designers meant him to be the worst character
Then why put him in the game at all if he's just a crap character?:ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom