• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the noob character?

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
I'd have to choose between Marth and Toon Link.

Marth - It's pretty obvious...

Toon Link - ALL of his aerials have nice knockback. His FSmash and DSmash are pretty good, with both of them if you get the first hit in you're likely to get the second. His ftilt is pretty good for approaching. His dash attack is also ok. Dash attack, ftilt, FSmash, and fair are probably the moves noobs will spam the most. IMO...

Felca

Smash Rookie
I actually thought the noob character in melee was Link. That's what I was told, anyway--as for personal experience, most noobs I know (ie, people I cajole into playing ssbm with me) will undoubtedly pick Kirby. Granted, that's only like... four people, but 4/4 is pretty significant statistic in my tiny videogaming sphere.

For Brawl... I'd have to say either Pit or Sonic. I haven't played either of them myself on account of my being obsessed with Link, but Pit's swordspinny move and Sonic's targetting move are spammed a lot in my experience.

M.K

Level 55
Many people associate "Heavy, power-hitters" with immortal gods, and in that case, I'd say the award goes to Ike. The "let's be extremely annoying" award goes to Pit. The "be amazed how I can rack up damage" award goes to Meta-Knight. The "apparently I can rule just like Melee" award goes to Marth. And finally, the "SHUT UP he IS Good, REALLY" award goes to Ganondorf!

kirbysprite

Smash Cadet
I hope it's not Pit, because then I will have mained all three "noob" characters in all three games: Kirby in S64, Sheik in Melee (although I disagree), and Pit in Brawl...haha.

I have to say that a lot of people choose Link at first, at least when I play with them, thinking he's good, and they tend to spam his Up-B. Otherwise I would say Ike, because like a lot of people have said, in FFAs he tends to destroy everyone simply by mashing buttons.

But I can see why people would say Pit, I guess, because he has a couple spammable specials and a great recovery. But noob Pit players are never truly good, because they don't know how to KO.

I would disagree with Sheik being the "noobiest" character in Melee because a big part of her game is aerials and a lot of noobs are too stupid to use aerials. Roy and Captain Falcon are much better examples of noob-friendly characters.. Pikachu, too, sometimes, because a lot of people spam his down-B.
Yes, I have mained all three noob characters in SSB too.

Sheik is the noobiest character, because when I played as her, the only thing I did was dash-attack to fair. Man, did that kill!

CraneStyle

Smash Cadet
Pit Pit Pit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is the most noobest character bar none,no offense Ike is runner up also lol

Nacht004

Smash Rookie
I'd say Pit and Metaknight. They have incredible recovery, easy combos and decent enough kill moves that make them progressively the easiest characters to just pick up and be good with (ala Shiek in Melee). Pit/MK are incredible, which makes me hate them, because I tend to dislike these types of played characters cause in the beginning structure of a game, the people that play them get a big head thinking they're so good. Wolf and Marth are not noob characters, they are good character by many means but they require some great knowledge of spacing and their techniques to be good with them.

Gun-Gun

Smash Rookie
Zelda, the most straight-forward character in the game. A learning curve as steep as a plateau. She's THE definition of a "pick up and play" character.
:/
I don't believe it's Marth, becasuse most nubs won't know about his sweetspot, and would probably be fsmash spamming with the base of the sword.

On the flip side, I think the character with the steepest learning curve is either GaW or jiggs, imo.

Top Bottom