• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the noob character?

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Noob characters are characters who some noob can pick up and beat you the first time you play, or a character who all noobs think is way good but isn't, meaning Shiek and Roy, not Peach, who took skill.
In Brawl, I'm predicting Meta Knight and Sonic, but greater balance means we will beat them every time, and not lose that initial surprise/overconfidence battle.

burnthepriest6

Smash Cadet
I have this sinking feeling Sonic players are going to be everywhere.
I'm going to have to agree. With all of the whiny fan boys that *****ed for sonics inclusion I bet there's going to be a whole Sonic army. Other than that I'm going to have to go with Pit and Metaknight.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
When i was a noob Pikachu was my main and thunder and his smashes were my religion...

Good times huh? lol Seriously everyone was once a noob...

zB.

Smash Cadet
I'd have to say that Pit, Ike, and Marth are the characters I've seen most new people go with. For Ike and Marth you can basically just run around like an idiot forward smashing (at low levels of play, of course), and with Pit, well, anyone can sit to the side and press side-B or fire off some arrows when everyone else is already preoccupied (I'm talking FFA's here). I've also seen a lot of inexperienced people play Yoshi, IC, and Wario for their forward-B's, as the egg roll, spin, and bike can be annoying in a FFA.

kirbysprite

Smash Cadet
Is this really how you choose your main, though? Seems a little sad, don't you have any characters you actually want to play from the start?
No I don't choose my main like this, but since I saw a pattern, I guess I wanna choose a noob character.

And yes, I have a character I want to play from the start. I want to play as Snake.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Noobs would go whatever character is available in the selection screen. In this case here, the noob would be Kirby, since he has a decent recovery ability.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
N00b characters are not supposed to be "cheap" characters or anything like that.
They are the characters that the consensus of n00bs play as thinking they are good.

64: ??? This one is harder to tell I think, since the n00b characters here are also all Top Characters. Maybe Mario? Otherwise it's just Kirby, Pika, and Fox, which are all good characters anyway.
Melee: Roy, Link, Kirby, Marth
Sheik isn't really a n00b character so much as a scrub's character. N00b < Scrub
Brawl: Pit, Ike, Link, Meta Knight
Other Possible Brawl n00b characters, and reasonings:
Kirby (Kirbycides)
Lucas (PK Spam)
Wario (Farting)
PT, Lucario, Sonic (Just seem to fit the bill)

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
I was always told n00bs chose Roy for Melee as at lower levels of play where people aren't skilled at spacing their attacks he can appear somewhat good.

My prediction for Brawl, is that the easiest character will probably be Marth but the character most often associated with n00bs will be Pit.
Good prediction. I'm also glad that you realize there is a difference between easy/scrub characters and n00b characters.

kirbysprite

Smash Cadet
Okay I got to set this straight!

The noob character is the character that you can pick up and start beating people with.

N00b characters are not supposed to be "cheap" characters or anything like that.
They are the characters that the consensus of n00bs play as thinking they are good.
(Just seem to fit the bill)
I don't care what the actual meaning of a noob character. I only want a character that was cheap and easy to pick and beat people, and I also want to beat my brother, but nobody cares about that.

SSB64: It was Kirby because of two reasons.

1. Whenever I play Project64k, they call me a noob for playing as Kirby.

2. Kirby has 5 jumps, a spike, and a crazy Forward Smash.

SSBM: It was Sheik because:

- it had that killer fair that killed at low percentages.
- It's good combo ability can end in a fair.
- needles are spammable.

SSBB: ???

I think its Toon Link because of his good combo ability. Meta Knight had a good combo ability but I don't think it had a good killing move. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Good thing Cloud isn't in Brawl. He'd instantly lose all respect he may have had before.

I can't say for sure about noob characters. Real newbies get good with Mario or Kirby, but people a bit better will go for Sheik/Marth. Then again I havn't played Brawl, so I don't know yet.

Circle_Breaker

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure lots of nubtards are going to try to use Meta Knight but with very few good finishing moves and the fact that pretty much all of his B moves are highly punishable I wouldn't say he fits the definition.

I mean, noobs like to use B moves a lot. Cool animations, flashy effects. For example, Marth's neutral B in Melee looked really cool but an fsmash or fair was almost always more effective. Anyways, what I'm saying is, lots of noobs will pick up Meta Knight, use the tornado, miss, and then get killed.

When EVERYONE PLAYING is super nooby I'm sure Meta Knight is good just because he attacks fast and requires little precision but when good players are playing Meta Knight looks like he'll be really hard to play effectively with.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
64: kirby
melee: definitely roy and link, though a little bit of kirby (multiple jumps=n00b friendly)
Brawl: sonic and MK (cuz all the n00bs will think he pwns with the rapid speed)

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I'd say the noob character in every Smash game is Link. Noobs always think he's good, but he never is.

kirbysprite

Smash Cadet
I don't care who the noob characters for the previous Smash games are. I already know who they are

They were Kirby and Sheik.

I am asking who the noob character for Brawl is.

Please just tell me, who is a character that is easy to pick and beat people with. Please tell WHY!

I'd say the noob character in every Smash game is Link. Noobs always think he's good, but he never is.

Sheik isn't really a n00b character so much as a scrub's character. N00b < Scrub
)
Good prediction. I'm also glad that you realize there is a difference between easy/scrub characters and n00b characters.
I do not want this. Do not follow their example, please tell the character with the most easiest learning curve. I think this will help people tell me who is the noob character.

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
NOOB character is obviously Marth he is so cheap and alot of *******s think they are good with him just because the can spam ariels like pricks

Neviance

Smash Rookie
Pit and Metaknight seemed best at the tournament when no one knew what they were doing. @_@

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
I don't care who the noob characters for the previous Smash games are. I already know who they are

They were Kirby and Sheik.

I am asking who the noob character for Brawl is.

Please just tell me, who is a character that is easy to pick and beat people with. Please tell WHY!

I do not want this. Do not follow their example, please tell the character with the most easiest learning curve. I think this will help people tell me who is the noob character.
Really, you are a NOOB if you can't decide for yourself.

Please, train a bit with somewhat character and you will be good.

Competitive > Scrubs > Everyone else > Noob-competitive gores

And the most easy player is the one who fell to the cheap tactic of brawl. Think it and you will realize.

Exactly, Olimar

But he isn't a "easy" character. But is a good character if you train a bit with it.

*sigh* I hate these kind of person that like to be competitive for the win thing and not for the challengue...

*goes away*

P.D. Olimar is like the noob's happysmashingkirbys of P64. You just have to smash and outrange people. IS LOTS OF FUN, LOTS OF CHALLENGUE ALSO.

:mad:

Fizban140

Smash Rookie
Every character is a n00b character because at some point you will be beat by them.

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
Definitely Ike, Pit, and Pikachu.

No learning curve WHATSOEVER. Everyone I know who hasn't played the game too much plays them the most after trying out the others (B moves).

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Marth,marth marth marth marth.He's a character that kills with little to no effort.Plus noobs think he looks cool.

kirbysprite

Smash Cadet
I have changed my mind. I think it is Pit!

My friends know how to block the OHKO for Marth, and Snake is just too slow. I will probably play as them if I get the game. But, I will probably get the game sometime, later.

I got last place when playing as Snake and Marth, but when playing as Pit, I won some matches.

Anarkex

Smash Cadet
Why is there any question? It's Pit, seriously. All his smashes are double-hits and are harder to screw up, he has multiple ways to reflect projectiles while still having one of the best projectiles in the games, and let's not forget his ridiculous recovery.

Top Bottom