• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the noob character?

kirbysprite

Smash Cadet
Okay in all Super Smash Bros. I've main noob characters.

SSB64: Kirby
SSBM: Sheik and Peach
SSBB: ???

Who is the noob character for Brawl and why?

By the way, this is what I mean by a noob character:
" I think we're talking about characters that take little to no effort to BEST others with."
I think it is Pit because when I played the game, I lost when playing as Snake and Marth I always got last place, but when playing as Pit, I won some battles.

$ Bizzle

Smash Cadet
Replace Peach with Roy. I never met a noob who played Peach.

If I were to guess I would say it would be Sonic. Very noob material. I think Metaknight and Pit are pretty likely too.

Downfall

Smash Apprentice
Oh God. ****storm commence.

Though I'd have to say Metaknight for sure would be the 'noob' character for the game. Low learning curve for sure.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
I agree with Kirby for 64

Pichu was the biggest noob character in Melee, when people say "OH LOOK CUTE" and then rack up their own damage.

I'd say Pit's a shoe-in for that category in Brawl.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Meta knight is not as noob friendly as people think.

But I'm gonna have to say for melee.

A) Marth - because of how pointlessly good he is
and
B) Pikachu - Because I've lost count of the amount of people I've seen pick up the game and start thunder spamming.

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
I'd say Pit's a shoe-in for that category in Brawl.
Hmm, I disagree. Pit may seem like a great character, but he has a learning curve to master before you can be considered half-way decent with him. You see more faulty Pits then decent ones.

smash_lord1050

Smash Apprentice
i think its meta knight because he has no good smash (knock out) moves. hes is kinda fast and he can glide but still.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Hmm, I disagree. Pit may seem like a great character, but he has a learning curve to master before you can be considered half-way decent with him. You see more faulty Pits then decent ones.
Yeah, I agree. I imagine Pits going to have a lot of depth to him, but when I thought about which character a person that has never played Smash would most likely play as first would be Pit...

180OP

Smash Journeyman
Some people in this thread misunderstand the phrase 'noob character'.

It means the character with the lowest learning curve.

SSB64-Kirby
SSBM-Marth, Sheik
SSBB-still looks like Marth. ( I dont have the game).

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I agree. I imagine Pits going to have a lot of depth to him, but when I thought about which character a person that has never played Smash would most likely play as first would be Pit...
Can't deny that fact, sadly.

rblair

Smash Cadet
I'm assuming by noob you mean cheap.

My prediction for brawl? Dedede. For some reason i see him being over powered. Brawl char most used by noobs? I'd say pit. Not only that but I'd expect them to use a lot of nananananananananananannaa.

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
I'm assuming by noob you mean cheap.

My prediction for brawl? Dedede. For some reason i see him being over powered. Brawl char most used by noobs? I'd say pit. Not only that but I'd expect them to use a lot of nananananananananananannaa.
And sadly, the majority of those "Newbies" will be horrible, while only a few actually get past the "fair" stage. =/

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I'd say, overall Snake. Snake is cool and has good moves with lots of explosions. Noobs eat that stuff up.

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
Diddy is probably cheaper than marth. Diddy has good aerials. The most cheapest of diddys moves is the banana peel. Yea id say that diddy can just combo you.

keeper

Smash Champion
Through the definition of noob you are asking, I'd say either Toon Link or Marth because of how little their learning curve appears to be. Though Toon Link needs some smarts with his projectiles.

FMArthur

Smash Cadet
We're seeing a few different interpretations of "noob character" in this thread.

- Character noobs can pick up and have an easy time using (does not mean it's a good character)
- Worst Character (as in, the character is the noob, not the player)
- Character noobs are most attracted to for one reason or another

For the first, I'm seeing a lot of 'first impressions' articles speaking about how easy it is to play Metaknight, and IGN loves him, so I'm inclined to say that he's the one that's easiest for a new player to use to some degree of effectiveness.
On the second one... Worst character? We shouldn't touch this right now.
The characters noobs are most attracted to (from Youtube demographic) seem to be Pit, Ike, Sonic. The sheer number of terrible players (can't seem to get past the smash-spamming stage of skill) using these is making it difficult for me to voluntarily watch any more footage of them, good or bad.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I think we're talking about characters that take no little to no effort to be great with.
That's what I thought. I still haven't played the game, but it doesn't seem very obvious to me. Though I've seen lots and lots of Ikes. Maybe he's good when playing against another newcomer to the game, since any kind of dodging is difficult at that point. Ike's hella strong if he connects.

keeper

Smash Champion
We're seeing a few different interpretations of "noob character" in this thread.

- Character noobs can pick up and have an easy time using (does not mean it's a good character)
- Worst Character (as in, the character is the noob, not the player)
- Character noobs are most attracted to for one reason or another

For the first, I'm seeing a lot of 'first impressions' articles speaking about how easy it is to play Metaknight, and IGN loves him, so I'm inclined to say that he's the one that's easiest for a new player to use to some degree of effectiveness.
On the second one... Worst character? We shouldn't touch this right now.
The characters noobs are most attracted to (from Youtube demographic) seem to be Pit, Ike, Sonic. The sheer number of terrible players (can't seem to get past the smash-spamming stage of skill) using these is making it difficult for me to voluntarily watch any more footage of them, good or bad.
I, oddly, haven't been seeing much Sonic footage lately.

This whole thing reminds of when people that were noobs would pick up Link (SSBM) and just stay on the ground using arrows and up-b. Good/lame times...

Top Bottom