• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who is the most annoying character to fight while being mario

-PM-

Smash Ace
eh i just like how for some odd reason yoshi takes alot of damage and his second jump can almost get you back on the map from like anywhere lol and if someones edge guarding just throw edge eggs at them and your opponent normally backs off =]

Use Splash Attack

Smash Cadet
eh i just like how for some odd reason yoshi takes alot of damage and his second jump can almost get you back on the map from like anywhere lol and if someones edge guarding just throw edge eggs at them and your opponent normally backs off =]
hah, yeah, the problem I'd say is, once he reaches a certain point, Samus long sex kick can just... cause him to stop the jump, I don't like it ><
haha, mind you, I'm also pretty darn bad with Yoshi :p

JumpMan_Punk

Smash Journeyman
I Would say Falco & peach thats worst than marth. Peach goes through most of ur attacks so it gets kinda annoying at times. And falco ...don't get me started on that short hop lazer bs...>_>

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
naah come on dude... Mario dittos are awesome

but 56k is right!!!

Marth is the worst coz all he has to do is move his sword about and Mario cant strike!!!
the range of that sword is sooo annoying...

but atleast we can annoy him with the fireballs... but that isnt enough either

BUT i still fight against marths...

i dont know about falco he shouldnt be much of a problem or is he really that bad?? ill have to find out and fight agianst a friend of mines falco first...

but Marth is just... man... hes horrible seriously

-PM-

Smash Ace
i dont really have problems with marth because i play marth alot too

i play marth, jiggz, roy, yoshi, ness (sometimes), and my two favorite mario and doc =] so theres a wide range for me and if anyones cheap i just spam yoshi eggz or use marth

honestly marth is really easy to play with

oh and falco is really that bad like he tears up most of the characters in the game *shivers* lol

oh and btw i have yet to fight a mario at my level and it angers me lol i have fought a doc before but he wasnt as good as i thought and i beat him first two rounds =/

-PM-

Smash Ace
lol id love to =D but my transportation is limited by the fact im noob lol thats the problem is that in MI theres just this HUGE amount of falcons, fox, and falco and its not even fair =/ lol

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
look at the Match Ups thread dude

Mario ONLY has minus points for Marth and I DONT WANT TO BE HEARIN YOU GUYS SAYIN

''Marths noo problem because I play marth also '' RUBBISH!!!

look just play against a Marth MAIN who is a real fan of KEN and copies almost every move and is good at that AND IF YOU WIN AGAINST A GUY LIKE THAT THEN YOU CAN START SAYIN THIS RUBBISH!!!

goosh... but im not sayin its impossible for Marios to win against Marths =P its just a real broken Match Up and i hate it

the main thing to do against a Marth is to get near enough to start using Tipper and then grabbing him followed by a real Combo!!!

and for approaches i would say the F-Tilt should be used BUT NOT TOO MUCH AND NO SPAMMING coz it gives ya lots of lag i think...

spacing with it is good and the D-Smash is really useful against a marth...it just is..

you just have to play real careful...reaal careful or hell get you in the air and youll have problems trying to get to da ground with a Dair or stopping moves like Cape or Tornado for Mindgames coz hell just keep you up there till you have enough and them ''SHHHWING!!!'' sweetspotted and off you go...flyin away...and then comes a ''DOGH!!!'' from mario and a huuge beam from the side of the fray...

the CRAB

Smash Cadet
agreed. i play doc and occasionally switch to mario, and i've gotta say marth is the worst match up. wanna hit marth? you got forward smashed. wanna wavedash to throw? you got forward smashed. nair? fsmash. cape? fsmash. pills and fireballs hardly even help when he can just hit A and slap them away, and then guess what he's gonna do. (hint: starts with and f, ends with a orward smash.)

-PM-

Smash Ace
thats why i be yoshi and since marth is such a im gonna wait here like a ***** and wait for you to attack i throw eggzs at him =]

JumpMan_Punk

Smash Journeyman
Yea I agree I play with a really good marth. They can get beastly with the ill combos that u can't even get touch. I can't fathom how ppl r saying "Marth is easy" maybe that person who 's using marth isn't really that good.O.o

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
yeah or he just knows the Marth for a real long time and knows exactly what he does or hes just better than him xD but seriously Marth is really a broken Match Up for Mario i hate marth he AT LEAST shouldnt be so fast if he has such a long range and strength -_-

if only Mario would have a reliable finisher -_- or a bit more range... but actually i still try to go on Marths with Mario coz Marios still th coolest

BlackMario

Smash Rookie
DK my Mario Brother. Thats for SSB. For SSBM....I neva had a problem so its might be still DK.

Ulubai

Smash Cadet
marth hands down,
my brother knows next to nothing besides how to use the c-stick and shield dodge
its so annoying >.<

Eggz

Smash Hero
marth hands down,
my brother knows next to nothing besides how to use the c-stick and shield dodge
its so annoying >.<
Fsmash and spotdodge are ridiculously easy to punish with Mario, so that kind of Marth shouldn't be giving you any trouble at all. xD

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Eggz is indeed correct. I understand how marth is so bad for you guys but I'd like to know how a mario kills a peach when basicly is only kill move is the f-smash and thats hard to combo into against her.

As usual my eggy eggs eggz friend.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Eggz is indeed correct. I understand how marth is so bad for you guys but I'd like to know how a mario kills a peach when basicly is only kill move is the f-smash and thats hard to combo into against her.

As usual my eggy eggs eggz friend.
He doesn't. . . . . . . . . . . . . hope that nair, bair, dsmash, or fsmash hits and the peach is high enough in percentage to die.

That matchup is ******** in too many ways to describe. >_< I think this might be the most annoying matchup. There are definitely others like Samus, Falco, and Marth that are also annoying.

Edit: Sheik might be annoying to some people too, but I have alot of experience with this matchup now.

Edit: The mario finder is gone? Darn. I was hoping of finding other Marios in the midsouth area besides Shogun.

Taktikz

Smash Cadet
hands down...marth. samus has no place to be called annoying when fighting mario...all those projectiles that can be caped...fighting samus is a sign of relief to mario but marth on the other hand...i cant stand to fight him with either Doc or Mario...

Tujex

Smash Ace
I have no problems with Samus...just always be on the lookout for chances to Cape and you'll be okay. I was playing against some Marth's and Doc seems way better than Mario against Marth's (at least for me) so I guess I'll have to put some time in with him to get used to the difference.

I don't seem to have a problem with Jiggz...but maybe that's because I haven't played anybody who mains him. I used to main Shiek, so I can pretty much handle a Shiek no prob since I know the thing like the back of my hand. Fox on the other hand...***** me hands down. His range sucks like Mario's but his speed and shine make this match-up hell for me. I can fight against Peach's...bringing them down to 1-stock...but it's hella hard to pull a win outta my *censored* when going against 'em. And I need more work against Marth's gawd-like range...

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
Fox is relatively easy for me for some reason, maybe because I main Fox and used to main Falco and have like the best technical skill in my state, but I'm usually a lot faster with mario than most people with there spacies. I just **** the mess out of faster fallers, and marth is bad, but I can beat my friend like half the time with mario. I haven't played a jiggz yet so IDK about that one, I just recently picked up mario and have only played spacies falcon and marth, but I think I have a good grasp of him. Marth is without a doubt probably his hardest matchup though, the range plus power is too good. For spacies, just take them to FD and zero to death them lol.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
why all the hate on falco's lol. all you need to do is counter pick FD, cape a few lasers grab and gg, CG us and throw us off the stage. LOL

i fought a mario in a tourney once, and though i won 3-0 i still got down to one life each time, it was a wierd fight.

JumpMan_Punk

Smash Journeyman
i hate mario dittos, it's always a mess for me ;-;
Oh yea those r "fun" at times. Most its like fighting urself but different which makes it something to get use to. I suggest play more dittos so u can get the hang of it. Nothing beats annoying than marth

Top Bottom