• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who is the most annoying character to fight while being mario

-PM-

Smash Ace
iv been wondering what the most annoying is when your Mario i still think its a spamming samus or maybe a marth that combos to much. what do you think?

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Ditto with Eggz on the Flaco matchup.

Basically, anyone that's hard to approach and/or grab is a really irritating matchup for Mario, mostly because if you're not able to approach/grab, then you can't dish out the damage you want to, and your entire game is essentially shut down.

Which means that long-ranged/high-priority characters who are floaty and/or have counter-grab moves (i.e. shines) are all annoying to fight against. The space animals, Marth, and Peach all come to mind.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Eggz + Maelstrom218 + same thread = No reason for other Mario players to post.

So then... I'm just going to concur with the space animals, Marth, and Peach statement. Good Falcos and Foxes (but mostly Falcos) scare the defecation out of me, Marth has that horrible **** radius, and Peach is decieving. I mean really, its much more obvious when you are in danger/safe when fighting the space animals and Marth. With Peach it is much harder to judge the hitbox of the oncoming attack; especially things like her Bair. Though it should be said that once you know and apply how she moves and attacks, this match is most likely easier than the others mentioned.

Oh, and Sheik is evil too; but at least she's fun to combo.

Yay for rambling.

-PM-

Smash Ace
i hate sheik and falco with an unbelievable passion lol there just to fast and annoying. The only problem i have with peach is her annoying habit to get back on the map. Marth is one of the scariest things ever when your on a map like Yoshi story or battlefield cause of the platforms and his range.

red stone

Smash Ace
marth because he can create an impenetrable sheild around himself with his sword. fox for his shine. falco for his blaster and shine which screw you with the grabs plus they are both way too fast. peach cuz she's just weird.

i like sheik though. you can combo and chain grab her till tomorrow but once you get hit by that fair, it's over

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
As a sheik and a fox player I am somewhat comfortable playing against mario as either but even though I am not very skilled with falco I would probably play falco just because of the blaster.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I can't stand fighting Jiggs, It floats too much to combo normally. Not to mention the fact that it's an automatic insult for someone to use jiggs. Falcon is a crazy match up too since everyone is havin a friggin seizure DD'ing and kneeing the whole fight.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
With all this said, what would be a good complementary character for a Mario player to learn for going against his worst matchups?

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Matador, automatic insult for someone to use jiggs?

That wasn't a bright comment as jigglypuff is quite deadly and not a joke. She can devaste mario's recover due to the fact she can chase him out there..same could be said for nearly all her matchups.

I'd say marth would be the most annoying match for mario due to marth's range and edgeguarding ability.

-PM-

Smash Ace
With all this said, what would be a good complementary character for a Mario player to learn for going against his worst matchups?
well i main mario and sometimes pick up doc but my secondary is yoshi because he takes alot of hits and i like his second jump because you cant get spiked that as hard as normal

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Matador, automatic insult for someone to use jiggs?

That wasn't a bright comment as jigglypuff is quite deadly and not a joke. She can devaste mario's recover due to the fact she can chase him out there..same could be said for nearly all her matchups.

I'd say marth would be the most annoying match for mario due to marth's range and edgeguarding ability.
Quite deadly and not a joke? I agree, Jiggs is deadly in the right hands and whatever, but she's not a joke? Her name is jigglypuff....a jiggling puff. The whole concept of the character is a joke. I'd thank you to not ridicule my comments guy.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I'd like for you to not make comments that sound joking, like her being an auto insult, thank you guy.

And shes a pokemon, all of them have stupid names. It just bothered me you said she was an automatic insult, like if she was a bad character.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Lets not fight over jigglypuff now guys, we all know shes the least cool character in the game. Theres no sport in debating and insulting over it though. Keep my threads clean and happy. >=[

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
She's higher on the tier list than mario, so she's obviously not a bad character, I apologize if it came out that way. I just don't appreciate being owned by a jiggling puff is all, lol.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Its all right matador, I just thought you were insulting her character.

And I dislike jigglypuff too for the fact of her wop, its even a thorn in marths side.

Mario lacks good reliable kill moves so jigglypuff is a hard matchup, I'd agree on that.

-PM-

Smash Ace
actually i do pretty well against jiggz its my friends secondary although i havnt gone against anyone "good" with jiggz before or anyone good with marth =/

timmywear

Smash Rookie
id say fox,falco and marth .becaue my friend keeps choosing fox and its so hard to land a hit because he's always moving around so i struggle to kill him.and marth i dont have trouble anymore wiht him because of how many times i've fought against people who use marth all the time.but thing that most annoys me with marth is when they stand waiting for u so they can hit u with their sword.

-PM-

Smash Ace
i like playing against fox with mario =] normally my mario is faster then the persons fox lol but falco and sheik arnt to fun lol sheik isnt as bad as falco *shivers* haha

Gea

Smash Master
You have the tools to disrupt Falco and put some hurt in. A Marth that knows what they are doing to a high degree is much more lame to fight.

Top Bottom