• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the best legendary Pokemon?

Fun fact: There are 35 legends, and a poll option max of 35.

• Total voters

Mewter

Smash Master
In this case the egg came first though.
From an alternate universe maybe? :p

And plus, we all know Arceus is the one who creates the eggs.

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
Mew ftw. Reminds me of the sepia-tone age of Pokemon when things were simple and the concept of getting merely 151 seemed like a tremendous feat.

But noo. Now you have your Wailmer on Skitty breeding and your Deoxys, the shapeshifting bloody tampon. What ever happened to Pokemon the First Movie? "We uncovered a fossil of Mew, the strongest Pokemon that ever lived."

THAT EVER LIVED, people. Not your stupid Arceus with its stupid hax0r stats that say "I'm the f*cking God of Pokemon." That's nice. Game's telling me that the great deity of the Pokemon realm -- the embodiment of my childhood -- is all in one single Pokemon, a GOD. And he can be contained in a 4 x 4 inch red and white ball. Portable GOD. I call BS! ARHHH!!

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Mew ftw. Reminds me of the sepia-tone age of Pokemon when things were simple and the concept of getting merely 151 seemed like a tremendous feat.

But noo. Now you have your Wailmer on Skitty breeding and your Deoxys, the shapeshifting bloody tampon. What ever happened to Pokemon the First Movie? "We uncovered a fossil of Mew, the strongest Pokemon that ever lived."

THAT EVER LIVED, people. Not your stupid Arceus with its stupid hax0r stats that say "I'm the f*cking God of Pokemon." That's nice. Game's telling me that the great deity of the Pokemon realm -- the embodiment of my childhood -- is all in one single Pokemon, a GOD. And he can be contained in a 4 x 4 inch red and white ball. Portable GOD. I call BS! ARHHH!!
you win, you epicly win
srsly
mew>arceus
Imo

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
Phione has the base stats of Glalie and you get as many as you want. How is that legendary? Articuno is amazing.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
As much as I love the legendary birds, the beasts, Ho-oh and Lugia, Mew, the weather trio and Giratina, I'm going with Mewtwo. The first legendary the series ever had that came in and DEMOLISHED EVERYONE. Dark was invented to screw with Mewtwo, not to stop Psychics in general. You know it's true.

Meta_Ridley46

Smash Cadet
Arceus is virtually the strongest. It has the highest base stat of any other pokeman. Mewtwo comes in with a close second.

But in terms of pure coolness, i'd have to say Rayquaza.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
As much as I love the legendary birds, the beasts, Ho-oh and Lugia, Mew, the weather trio and Giratina, I'm going with Mewtwo. The first legendary the series ever had that came in and DEMOLISHED EVERYONE. Dark was invented to screw with Mewtwo, not to stop Psychics in general. You know it's true.
Nicely put. I approve of this greatly. :)

Arceus is virtually the strongest. It has the highest base stat of any other pokeman. Mewtwo comes in with a close second.
And Breloom doesn't even have a base stat total over 500 and it's OverUsed.
Most people don't judge by stats alone, but I guess if that's how you define the "strongest" then go for it.

-Terywj

Hax

Smash Champion
arceus is actually the best one but mewtwo is my boy lol

HotWings

Smash Ace
Wow. 100 total voters at the time of my post.

Impressive, guys. Who's up for a debate on the best typing? :p

-Terywj

Yeah im all for that idea :) Sounds like it would be a fun topic ;)

Btw i voted for mewtwo because... well have you seen the first movie xD. Nah but mewtwo seriously can kick some *** xD

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, who would've chosen Latios or Latias? They're essentially the same exact thing (let's not get technical) with a palette swap.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
When it comes right down to the sheer competitive aspect, I'm surprised people think that Arceus is strongest simply because of his BST. Kyogre, with the 2nd best ability in the game (2nd to Shadow Tag), the stats and movepool PERFECTLY crafted to use it, and on top of that, it gives the best support weather in the entire game to the rest of the game if not interrupted.

Mega has got it right, though.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Dawww, if I didn't post then you would have got 151 :<

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I laughed when I looked in the poll voter result THING and saw M2K

Riddle

Smash Lord
When it comes right down to the sheer competitive aspect, I'm surprised people think that Arceus is strongest simply because of his BST. Kyogre, with the 2nd best ability in the game (2nd to Shadow Tag), the stats and movepool PERFECTLY crafted to use it, and on top of that, it gives the best support weather in the entire game to the rest of the game if not interrupted.

Mega has got it right, though.
Arceus is the most versatile pokemon in the game. Its SD/Extremespeed set is nearly impossible to beat. It has 120/120/120 defenses so it has an extremely easy time setting up and with the current lack of Giratina-o almost nothing can stop it. Not only that, but Arceus has some amazing defensive sets and has the movepool and typing (lol) to counter every pokemon in the game bar possibly mewtwo.

Arceus >>> Kyogre

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
But the point was some people only think that Arceus is the best Pokemon because of his base 120 stats.

If they didn't know his movepool I don't think it would have mattered what they would have stated.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Arceus is the most versatile pokemon in the game. Its SD/Extremespeed set is nearly impossible to beat. It has 120/120/120 defenses so it has an extremely easy time setting up and with the current lack of Giratina-o almost nothing can stop it. Not only that, but Arceus has some amazing defensive sets and has the movepool and typing (lol) to counter every pokemon in the game bar possibly Mewtwo.

Arceus >>> Kyogre
You don't need to be the most versatile Pokemon in the game to be the best.

Arceus helps you as long as he lives, and does so very efficiently being well-rounded and all.
However, Kyogre has the good stats placed where they need to be, and that gives Kyogre the edge. Not only does it have the perfect stats to abuse everything it has, even if not as good as Arceus', but unlike Arceus, IT HELPS OUT THE REST OF THE TEAM AFTER IT'S GONE, to an extent.

Arceus is an absolutely amazing Uber with an Offensive and Defensive Uber characteristics. Kyogre is an absolutely amazing Uber with Offensive, Defensive, and Support Uber characteristics.

The point is, Arceus isn't this god that hovers so highly above all other Pokemon. It has some serious competition with the likes of Kyogre, and maybe, MAYBE even Groudon.

Top Bottom