• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who is the best ddd so far?

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
Style and Technique play as much of a part as Results. M2K plays, as far as I'm concerned, a much more boring D3 than Aero. If I was learning D3, I know who I would prefer to model myself on.

You can garuntee M2K and Aero are both going to place high in their respective tournaments. The only difference is one of them does it with style imo.

Met

Smash Ace
Style has no importance in a discussion on who is the best dedede. or any character rather. I have also played both online. And even though online is poop, I think m2k is better.

Tengosku

Smash Cadet
1- Aero
2- Aero
3- Aero
4- Aero
5- JakeTheBoy
6- Zelgadis
7- DSF
8- Waddle
9- M2K
10- Romeo
11- Aries

ummm.. yeh; im not to sure about the order, the first five are right though. ^_^

edit: sorry, i didn't read any of this thread before posting my on topic opinion :p

pockyD

Smash Legend
m2k wins by CG's and swallowcides, EVERYTIME. If a noob had the right mindset, they too could pull these tournament placings off with d3. Brawl is just broken as hell and m2k's play style is proof
then why aren't they?

m2k's melee style was boring as hell too btw; he doesn't care about looking cool or impressing "Samus-T" on the internet; he cares about winning, he wins, and that's why he's either the best or will soon be thebest

Tyser

Smash Champion
Uhhh, have you guys seen M2K's Marth in Melee? Yeah . . . not that boring to watch unless youre a faggot. And all I see are johns from people in this god awful thread. M2K is the best DDD because he wins tournies. fucking newfags

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
Well statistically I guess it's M2K and from what I've seen he's pretty solid, though personally the funnest Dedede to actually watch for me was Zelgadis. I do like how Aero actually has the Jet Hammer as a part of his gameplay arsenal though.

then why aren't they?

m2k's melee style was boring as hell too btw; he doesn't care about looking cool or impressing "Samus-T" on the internet; he cares about winning, he wins, and that's why he's either the best or will soon be thebest
This.

Flashiness=/=Good, this is partially the reason why that Japan hoohah was so dang inflated.

Cia

das kwl
this thread is so severely dumb, it's embarrassing. i really want to lick my own eye out :lick:

m2k has the best dedede because he just simply out smarts people. even if the next guy has a seeming more stylish play style, if he's not winning cash, he's garbage

Jman has the second best. he's pretty smart too and abuses gayness.

dodging and grab spam is undeniably an essential part of dedede's game play. so by saying that "all ______ does is grab spam and dodge takes no skill," it doesn't make you look smart, because they're winning with it.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
No, but he has beaten Azen and Chillin....................................
**** azen and chillin.....

i saw those matches, not really too admirable.

M2K is good, but i think aero is better.

If you highlight this, you're gay, and my D3 is better than yours.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
I THINK (don't quote me on it) that M2K has won more money, therefore, M2K's better. $$$ = how good you are

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i am the best ddd by far, (definitely on east coast, the only other high ranking DDD I heard of is Aero) i win tourneys with him all the time, and when dsf was over i won like 90% of my matches vs his snake with him (he doesn't motor slide enough), (i won about 80% with MK) i beat azen the last 4 sets (close sets though) using ddd/mk, and for the past few months ive won everything solely using ddd/mk, i can't believe there is any argument over this at all, tourney results speak for themselves

edit - oh yeah the only vids are online is some extremely super old match right when the game came out, and my first set (of the 4 sets we ever played) vs azens lucario and i wasn't even playing that good in it. Azen got better too, but the point is that you guys don't have any idea what you are talking about or hardly anything that I do. If you don't bair camp vs lucario his moves go through yours, my other C3 set with Azen was much more interesting cuz both of us were doing a lot more different things, but sadly that one wasn't recorded. I also usually win with MK in the tourney but it goes back and forth I barely have an advantage it's always last stock games so far.

Swallowcide NEVER works vs anyone that's decent, the best way to win with DDD is to camp with bairs and be smart with grabs (and for now, most ppl don't realize how gay brawl dodges are yet so in the future im probably doing them less). When you are coming down from the air after bair camping, you can either grab or, what I usually do, is reverse swallow because people run into it. I know a lot more about small things than shown on old youtube videos, and I learn stuff randomly all the time. Maybe people shouldn't just assume things and let tourney results and playing people in person speak for themselves. The only people that think I'm overrated (and like half the ppl think I'm overrated) is people that don't know me, and base things on dumb reasons.

on my brawl game that i've had since the US release my total combined play time is about 120 hours. Brawl is not fun alone, I never play alone, I play at tourneys, learn from tourneys, and improve from experience.

I seriously can't believe the stupid things I'm reading, it just shows smashboards ignorance and how little you guys really know about anything. EVERYTHING you guys are concluding is from one old ugly set vs Azen, if you knew ANYTHING you wouldn't say the stuff you do like how I'm boring and all i do is CG and swallowcide (wow @ swallowcide). I learn games fast because that's all I spent my early childhood years on, that's why I'm good at them, and that's why I can learn them fast.

THIS is why you guys don't see me post on the forums much, a lot of the stuff said is ********, so I usually don't even bother unless I'm really bored like I am right now.

also money isn't how good you are, I've only won about 3000 on brawl because I only win like 200ish a tourney (I think I've been to about 14 tourneys by now or so, or something like that) cuz of where I live, but up to this point I've been the most consistent of the top players (I personally think Azen is the best at the game though, but some think I'm better; I'm talking about people that actually have a valid opinion of it that know us both).

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
The fact that you've won half your games with MK definately shows us how good your D3 is.

You are not the best D3. You are definately not the best D3 "by far".

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
No, when I said I won a little over half the games with MK I meant VS AZEN. the 2nd set was DDD twice and MK and it was close but I won it, and the 3rd set was mostly MK at Montage. In the several sets I've played with Azen, I barely won more than half against him in the MK vs Lucario matchup, and same with DDD. So far, between using about half MK and half DDD over the last 2 months, I've managed to win everything. I'm sorry that I *gasp* use 2 characters now instead of 1. This clearly detracts any skill I had with that character. The fact that, so far, I've won everything over the past several months, may or may not change, but facts are facts and that is what happened and that should count for something (for a lot).

Up until 2 months ago (beisdes the first 3 or so weeks when the game came out when it was half marth half ddd) I have ONLY used DDD in tourney over a LOT of tourneys. You don't know anything, maybe you should stop talking and you'll sound smarter instead of making self-believing factual conclusions based off knowing nothing. You can believe anything you want, but everything I have said are FACTS that have happened. I'm tired of people acting like they know what they are talking about and trying to argue things when they are clearly wrong.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
m2k is the best by far

i might not be a well known ddd, but i can say i am the best ddd against falco

since my set vs Chillen clearly showed that

and to be honest people judging skill based off of what they see in videos for BRAWL is stupid

in the videos on youtube Azen and M2K don't seem as amazing as they really are because they're OLD-see them being old videos are something most people don't realise

Brawl brings in to many newfa.gs

Top Bottom