• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who is the best ddd so far?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i wish my old sets with forte were recorded, they were extremely good (for me)

the reason i dont wanna be recorded now is cuz i usually play worse when i am, and ppl will just copy me anyway so there's no good reason to do it. in melee i remember when ppl would record my matches but unless their friend did good, it never got put online. so stupid.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
ummmm actually, up until about maybe 2 months ago, I used either only, or 90% all DDD in tourneys, and even at that time I had the overall best record on the east coast, even though I went to md/va many times

I'm originally a DDD main, he just feels more limited to me than MK that's why I use MK more, MK is like a melee character and I have more fun playing him, but I've always been good with DDD. Also stop trying to base things off my vids, my vids are horrendous.

CO18 I'm quite good at DDD vs MK, I played Forte in tourney 3 times and almost every game I 2 stocked him, I play different matchups differently, you just have to play smart. If MK runs at you he's either going to run up and block, or short hop fair, most of the time. It's usually one of those 2 things. Keeping that in mind, it's easy to counter. DDD's drop Bair is really good against MKs like forte that go really low before up Bing. Also you can block the first part of up B and Bair through MK's glide attack (or before he does glide attack, it's not even hard). Also even though ddd supposedly counters wario, that was like my first time ever doing the match
do you know how to deal with a tornado spamming MK??

i know it sounds noob-like but i got 2nd last night because a MK just kept spamming tornado and i wanted to stay D3 all the way though :(

does anybody have to deal with that frequently, or know how to stop it?

i would break it with up and dtilt but they wouldnt kill because ALL he did was tornado and those are the only moves i could hit him with.

CO18

Smash Hero
do you know how to deal with a tornado spamming MK??

i know it sounds noob-like but i got 2nd last night because a MK just kept spamming tornado and i wanted to stay D3 all the way though :(

does anybody have to deal with that frequently, or know how to stop it?

i would break it with up and dtilt but they wouldnt kill because ALL he did was tornado and those are the only moves i could hit him with.
Yeah man it's an issue, tornado spamming mks are pretty difficult especially for a slow and heavy char such as dedede.

its not a noob-like question.

If u havent known, up tilt and down smash go through it. Just not so easy to time all the time especially if theyre already super close.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Yeah man it's an issue, tornado spamming mks are pretty difficult especially for a slow and heavy char such as dedede.

its not a noob-like question.

If u havent known, up tilt and down smash go through it. Just not so easy to time all the time especially if theyre already super close.
yeah i knew about the tilts that break through it, like i said in the first post, but i didnt know about dsmash.

have you been able to handle a good spammy MK?? is there something i'm lacking??

M2K could you help as well??

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
Ahh that's cool, good to know.
I beat almost every mk up until the point the player is just as skilled as I am and nado spams as well, then i start to lose my grip. **** i wish you didnt mind being recorded cuz i wouldve luved to see u **** forte with ddd.

Also I guess there aren't many wario's up there then? Although I thought you would've played Blue shell before.
DDD's got to suck for Wario because the first time I played Blue Shell I won, and that was my first time fighting Wario ever. :/

Konwukulups

Smash Cadet
have you been able to handle a good spammy MK?? is there something i'm lacking??
I have a friend that loves to spam the tornado. He's not very good, but I've still gotten a couple more strats against it.

The most important thing is spacing. I've had some success charging followed by a quick retreating dodge followed by a dsmash. He's also vulnerable from above if you get just the right angle. Falling bairs (has just the right range and priority) and falling inhales (superarmor gets you through) both work if you find yourself above a tornado.

If they really do nothing but spam tornado, it should be pretty easy to get inside their head and be ready for them a good percentage of the time. The real problems start when a good MK just throws in an occasional tornado. At that point it might as well be free damage.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Haha it sounds like one, but it's actually a real situation I have to deal with lol

He's a good MK, but he knows I can beat him if he takes another path, so he spams tornado, with no shame. Bull****.

You sure that falling inhale works? And the bair? I thought that was just for the opening frames of the tornado

Top Bottom