• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is good for a 7 year old to play as?

who

• Total voters

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hmm. I try to think of characters I started with... I'd highly recommend someone he can stick with in "future competitive" situations, whom could probably stand against a good Marth or Fox or something. I know I used to "main" Doc when I was younger, and today he fairs relatively well... Makes for a nice medium. Him, Mario, or Luigi, if you ask me.

But yeah, should definitely lay off the higher-tier characters for a little. Perhaps play them after he's learned to L-cancel appropriately, and then things should pick up from there. But for now... the Marios seem to make for fairly nice choices.

He shouldn't be playing this game. It's explicitly rated T for a reason, ICG. You shouldn't be so irresponsible. Do something productive with all your energy.
PSST. Use that argument for Brawl only. (;

Carom

Smash Cadet
Usually just let the young one pick his/her favorite if he/she is new to the whole the roster then probably Jiggs or Kirby.

Pen_island

Smash Cadet
If you want to teach him how to shffl or just to use aerials in general I'd say have him pick up ganondorf due to his easy shorthop and powerful aerials. Also little 2 hit combos with ganon seem easy enough for a 7 year old to learn.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
He likes kirby and pichu and when he plays there is no way for him to win he would have to be really good to beat my sandbagy falcon. he quickly rages as kirby how he has no moves. He had more fun as falcon then i've seen him ever have as kirby.

gannon would be a good idea I argee.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Sheik, is easy to be gay with, dash attack slap, ftilt slap, needle gimp. most of these are two button combo;s

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I just got off of the phone with the ESRB and the police. ICG will likely face time in juvenile hall for endangering a minor, and his mother (or father, whomever he stays with) will face jail time for extreme negligence. The 7 year old will probably be deported or something.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Why wasn't call made to help me a long time ago I needed back in 3,6,9 grade when I really needed help.

But please i've seen kids just as young playing grand theft auto. Also How do you know i'm not a lair?

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Chase is prolly like 8 now but he mains Falco. If he doesn't have Chase's natural talent though then Mario's F/Dsmash and Bthrow are all that's needed :D

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
1. There's several vids. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om2SGI_Bnzw

2. Um... The topic tile is "Who is good for a 7 year old to play as". Ergo, what I was saying were merely suggestions. :D

But I'm a scrub anyway so you don't have to take me that seriously yet.
Well, he's mained link since he ever started playing

His natural talent lies with ganon, but he insists on being terrible with falco

how would i know this?

I am his brother

also LMAO at ur sig; i forgot i posted that

Michael_BluFalco

Smash Journeyman
falco obviously, why?

falco is flashy and kids like that ****, but really, he benefits from playing recklessly and gains a lot of tech skill. as he gets older and more experienced he will learn to see how important spacing is

Peek ~

Smash Cadet
lol your brother is pretty good for his age

and lol @ the cute and cuddly things don't die comments lol

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I'm thinking the best would be:

falco
link
marth
sheik
falcon
gannon
young link

Maybe i'll use only B moves in falcon dittos vs him and slowly teach him to sheild on reaction to some moves on reaction and to move out of the way for others and basic defence. and teach him offense.

I don't know i'm a little move defensive than offenive as everyone.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration

skrach8

Smash Lord
u should show ur bro combo vids of some of HIS favorite characters. He might be seven but smash is a learned skill, he might not understand the concepts, but with time he will.

Don't get into the nitty gritty details of it all. That might turn him off.

You should probably play someone like bowser against him so he can learn and develop the muscle memory.

HE MIGHT have the potential to be the best Ness.... you never know.

john!

Smash Hero
Let him play his favorite character. That way he will be more interested in the game (young kids are superficial like that) and have a greater chance of sticking with it.

That being said, I think Marth or Falco would be best if he has no preference. Those were my two mains back when I joined SWF. Great characters at any level.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
dude he doesn't even know who he likes. Take kirby he says he loves kirby and he always rages even if I'm falcon only useing B moves and DDing. But he said he hates playing as falcon and we were laughing so hard playing as falcon. He doesn't know what he wants.

That's why I asked in the first place because he hates playing as kirby many times because he knows kirby sucks to much and is way to slow to use

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
Let him play his favorite character. That way he will be more interested in the game (young kids are superficial like that) and have a greater chance of sticking with it.

That being said, I think Marth or Falco would be best if he has no preference. Those were my two mains back when I joined SWF. Great characters at any level.
I really agree with this actually.
thats how a lot of kids that start playing young age get into the game
me and all my friends started real young (pretty much all mained link or mario rofl) because those were there favourite video game characters. me.. i started with fox. cause i loved fox. and just happened to be lucky and find out later that fox was... well.. fox.

but if the kid doesnt know who he likes than thats tough... just play A LOT and everyday have him playing with like every different character then eventually he'll just know who he likes using. and start to learn things with his most liked characters

soju

SD God
hmm just keep on letting him use random characters until he sees someone he likes, then start teaching him how to use that character. If he decides its not the character for him, then start all over again. I suggest him using top tiers at first until he gets better and knows all the technical stuff then apply it to the characters he wants to use . :3

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
so after all this time has the op guy figured out what hes gonna do!?

i hate that in swf threads no one ever comes to a conclusion about anything

ill be arguing forever in a controversial thread cuz no one is ever declared right

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
The problem is that there be many right answers. And most people believe that they are always right, omg i,m doing this on wii it took me like 4mins

Siglemic

Smash Journeyman
If you're going to make him play someone, make him pick up Fox and Marth.

i think those two characters teach you the most important lessons you need to learn in melee

you can learn them using other characters but i think it's going to be a little harder

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I 100% argee that everyone should play as fox till the point they can do all the movements fast enough without thinking. If you don't you wasted your time.

He seems to like young link for the bombs.

Top Bottom