• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is going to main Diddy?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Noob Legend, when you put up that Diddy competitive thread following Brawl's release, PM me so we can get my FC in there.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I main IC, but fall back to Peach when competition either can't keep up or I'm overspammed. Peach however is combolly challenged. So yeah, right now I'm looking at both Diddy and Dedede.

If Diddy Kong proves to be fun enough to steal my attention he is a very likely candidate for becoming my main. The IC will most likely be nerfed this time around.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Noob Legend, when you put up that Diddy competitive thread following Brawl's release, PM me so we can get my FC in there.
I plan to PM anybody who wishes to be contacted.
I will make the thread early so people can sign up for the contact list.

Hmm...I just really hope there aren't a ton of Diddy mains just because he's going to kick aass. Diddy posers, they are!
Yeah.
I've stuck with Diddy ever since I joined the forums.
We can't control who people use, but if you use him just for power...
You will fail big time.

I main IC, but fall back to Peach when competition either can't keep up or I'm overspammed. Peach however is combolly challenged. So yeah, right now I'm looking at both Diddy and Dedede.

If Diddy Kong proves to be fun enough to steal my attention he is a very likely candidate for becoming my main. The IC will most likely be nerfed this time around.
Ice Climbers won't be nerfed, more like isolated away from many other characters who have a lot more potential, such as Diddy.
I'm not saying the IC are bad, because they will be my third main, but compared to the Kong I just can't say they can compete.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Seeing how great Diddy is at being a fighter, I'll DEFINITELY main him.

Hagrid

Smash Apprentice
Diddy is my favourite character and I will be maining him 100%, no questions asked. The first games i ever played were the Donkey Kong games on Gameboy, and its definitely my favourite series. I've played all of the games and was so happy when he was announced on the dojo!

Even if Diddy is bottom tier i will still main him. To be honest i am hoping that he is kind of low, or difficult to play so that it will deter a few players. More Diddy for me! :chuckle:

And if K. Rool is confirmed playable i will probably main the complete trio!
DK, Diddy and K. Rool ftw!

Talendime

Smash Ace
I don't know about "main"ing him yet, but he's definitely gonna be the first character that I play as.
Same here. I'll try him out first, as he's my most wanted character. But as for him being my main character, I'll just have to see how good he is.
I personally think they made him too small.. I hope that doesn't cause any arguments.. :ohwell:

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
I was a little dissapointed when I saw what Diddy did turn into... He has always been my favourite kong. I will definitely try him out and if he has a lot of he's classic atacks, then I would like to control him a lot, but not as my main. My main will be Sonic, but Diddy might be my second or third most used character... and that's if I like how he turns out in this game...

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
I've already made my choice as Diddy being my main. Low tier or not.

Anyways.. Question: After the banana peel is thrown backwards, can you go back and pick it up?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I've already made my choice as Diddy being my main. Low tier or not.

Anyways.. Question: After the banana peel is thrown backwards, can you go back and pick it up?
No, I tried it at E4All, and I slipped on it. He can slip on his own bananas yes, but I suppose it can be used for combo setups if used correctly, or limiting the opponents area of mobility.
:laugh:

Marzy

Smash Cadet
I think he's definetly going to be one of my main characters. He looks awesome to use.

FigmentJedi

Smash Rookie
Put me down on the Diddy list. Yup, it was the guns that drew me in. Because nothing's more awesome then a Monkey with Guns.

Kruton

Smash Ace
I will play him a lot at first, but out of all my hopeful mains right now, it will be hard to see if I keep playing him as new characters are revealed.

I am definitely going to main Snake, Wario, and Donkey though.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
I like that he still got he's rolling atack... that's the thing I like most about him :-)

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely gonna give him a try, his side b looked awesome for spiking ppl trying to recover lol.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
he's side-b seams similiar to he's old well know move... I guess Diddy's movement would bring back a lot of memories from Donkey Kong 64, actually... I like that game, but still... I hope I will get a lot from DK country, too...

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Well I agree, I will definately be using Ganondorf and Wolf, but Diddy remains my main main! Along with Olimar/Sonic =]

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
I've always liked the Didster. He looks like he plays like Luigi a bit, especially with that cool recovery. He's quick and looks like he's got a few easy juggles. I'm still gonna main Luigi but Diddy will be played a bunch too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I love Diddy's style and the character reminds me of VERY fond memories of DKC 2...

I think I found my speed main in him...my other mains are SLOW apparently...

Midnight_Ang3l

Smash Rookie
Yeah Diddy looks pretty epic. His attacks look great and so does his jump if you can use it right. Diddy is for sure going to be one of my mains. Not only are they are guns they are freaking peanut guns lol

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
I have wanted Diddy in Smash Bros since the first one. I am glad he isn't terrible but I really am worried about him being top tier. I really don't want him to be. You'll see all sorts of pros jumping on the Diddy bandwagon. "Oh yeah i LOVE Diddy, he is like my favorite characters ever since he first appeared in Mario Kart!" I just hope Diddy is good without being so good that not every single pro learns how to use him so they can win tournaments. That would be TERRIBLE.

Midnight_Ang3l

Smash Rookie
I have wanted Diddy in Smash Bros since the first one. I am glad he isn't terrible but I really am worried about him being top tier. I really don't want him to be. You'll see all sorts of pros jumping on the Diddy bandwagon. "Oh yeah i LOVE Diddy, he is like my favorite characters ever since he first appeared in Mario Kart!" I just hope Diddy is good without being so good that not every single pro learns how to use him so they can win tournaments. That would be TERRIBLE.
Sounds a LOT like Marth.... MARTH SPAM!!! Now we present... DIDDY SPAM!!

Kentalish

Smash Lord
Kentalicious is back and its about time to with his pistols out he gunna kick some brawl HUGH

DDK DIDDY KONG

Hey im back... man diddys getting better and better

Midnight_Ang3l

Smash Rookie
What is going to be amazing is how if you eat some peanuts from you gun you can regain health lol. One noob thing you could do is keep on shooting against a wall and regain all of your health lol

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
I really hope I am good with him! I love maining little characters that somehow annoy people! (I main pika in melee!)

Jinkozouo

Smash Rookie
I do main Diddy!! (check out my topic "Ask OUIG") i was just messing around with the characters and I LOVE DIDDY!!! he is absolutely amazing!

metahunter

Smash Apprentice
probaly not
beaten way to easly by range atacks
and squirtle seems more cumfterble to me

Top Bottom