• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is better?: Toon link or link

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
thanks indnkid209 of planetrenders for my sig.
Since this thread involves more than one character, i assumed it would go here. If a mod sees fit to move this thread, have at it.
i would like to compare these two characters..
im not going to make a tl;dr post, im going to put it plain and simple.
i am a link main, yet i think toon link is better overall because he is faster, and has more combo capabilities. now that may sound generic and noobish, but thats the only way i can make that statement.
give me your opinions.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I always found Link's style bland and repetitive, and not in the good way like Olimar. Toon Link, with the exception of the excessive floatiness, is much more fun and as you said, combo-friendly.

D13

Smash Ace
Toon Link is much better than Link imo. His bair and projectiles are amazing.

Oh, and he has fantastic recovery.

CY

Smash Ace
T. Link by far imo. better recovery, better combos, faster, better projectiles, and yea, he is just awesome.

i just started using him last week and i'm lovin TL so far. he is probably gonna be my secondary now.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Toon Link is better. Sorry. It's true. I love Link, he was my main in Smash 64 and Melee, and continues to be my main in Brawl (along with T. Link), but Toon Link is better.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
TL is more much agile, diff aerial game, multi hit moves that lead into the other, better recovery. But the projectiles aren't as good.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
toon link is better overall because he is faster, and has more combo capabilities. now that may sound generic and noobish, but thats the only way i can make that statement.
give me your opinions.
QFT. Not n00bish at all.;)

A n00bish thing would have been like- Omgz Link is better because he is more powerful!1! Duh!

Bone64

Smash Cadet
Hmm...

I think there both the same. Link and Toon Link have both advantages and dis advantages.

But if you want an Opinion, then I think Toon Link is better. He feels more comfortable for me.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Toon Link is better by far. I see people own with him all the time. But no problem because Link has had his props. No question about it. ;)

TL for sure. He never dies. Srsly.

Also, his air game is epic, his boomer doesn't suck, his ability to combo on a level of unpresidentation is...well, unpresidented.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Well, I'm not gonna type everything they said again so...I think it's quite obvious.

TheMoonman

Smash Cadet
Personally...

...I said PERSONALLY. Put away those flames...geez...

...I said PUT THEM AWAY NOW.

...Are they away?

Okay, well, PERSONALLY, I like Link better. Like most of the sword characters, I'm used to a wider range in their attacks, so Link feels more naturally. Most of his attacks land for me, while with Toon Link, I have to be more closer than what my comfort zone is accustomed too (for a sword character, that is).

Also, his projectiles are bigger, faster, and much easier to hit with as well, while Toon Link's are a bit slower and smaller.

This is coming from someone who doesn't main either, so of course this doesn't mean anything compared to the now established scientific fact that Toon Link is better in every which way supposedly. But based on what I've played, Link is more fun and more natural in my hands than Toon Link.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
TL is faster, has better arials, better knockback, is a smaller target, better taunts, and an awesome look. TL is the best character in all of BRAWL. :bee:

(IMHO, of course ;) )

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Toon Link is faster, more combo-able, a much better recovery, and almost, if not exactly as powerful, however his projectile game is much weaker.
Link has better projectiles by a longshot (ha pun), but he's a bit slower and more unwieldy. Personally, I believe that if they had left his spin attack alone (and only messed with TL's), and gave him just a tad more power and weight, he'd be perfectly balanced with TL.
Honestly, though, I'm a bit pissed that the person who's supposed to have the god**** triforce of COURAGE has been reduced to a projectile spammer...

Netz0r

Smash Rookie
Toon Link is better competitively, for many of the obvious reasons stated in this thread.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Is this a serious question?

I don't care if anyone prefers Link over TL, the fact will never change that TL is undoubtedly a BETTER character.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Okay, well, PERSONALLY, I like Link better. Like most of the sword characters, I'm used to a wider range in their attacks, so Link feels more naturally. Most of his attacks land for me, while with Toon Link, I have to be more closer than what my comfort zone is accustomed too (for a sword character, that is).

Also, his projectiles are bigger, faster, and much easier to hit with as well, while Toon Link's are a bit slower and smaller.

This is coming from someone who doesn't main either, so of course this doesn't mean anything compared to the now established scientific fact that Toon Link is better in every which way supposedly. But based on what I've played, Link is more fun and more natural in my hands than Toon Link.
That's a matter of getting used to the character...

TheMoonman

Smash Cadet
That's a matter of getting used to the character...
Yes, I'm aware of that.

But for some reason, even if I did play him more, I feel like I wouldn't be able to "click" with him like some of you can. I dunno. I'm a weirdo like that.

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
thanks indnkid209 of planetrenders for my sig.
It is a serious thread, actually.
a random person started telling me that link is better than toon link because he is stronger. then he just kept arguing and tried to make points but failed..
can't wait untill he posts.
also, do you guys think "better" is a noobish term compared to "stronger"?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
well i feel the extra power link has definitely makes up for some speed and i like his projectiles better

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
some people might argue that YLink is better than Toon Link, but I'd have to say Toon Link since he style of play is much easier, plus better looking

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
I've seen awesome people playing both characters. Link has at least a few advantages over toon link. His aerial down attack, while not hitting twice, can launch people for example and is fairly quick.

Brandon72196

Smash Apprentice
<< that explain it? He has some of the best aerials and projectiles in the game not to mention a combo that almost insures death

N-Plus

Smash Cadet
Well Link is my 3rd main, bbut i found out i'm better with toon link,( young link was my 2nd main in melee) so i might use him...( i just hate how much hes overused....no one used young link in melee...)

Ilex

Smash Ace
Although this means very little about human players, I left an infinite match on between a CPU TLink and Link overnight. In the end, TLink won with +27.

Toon Link is annoying to play against, but hella fun to play with. You literally just lightly fly around the stage gently owning everybody. Link is too slow and jumps too short, it feels as though his legs are made of clay when you play as him.

Riodsey

Smash Cadet
In my playstyle, Link fits the place better, TL is just too... I don't know.
But 9 out of 10 people says TL is better.

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
Well in my personal opinion Link is stronger and has stronger attacks
his projectiles are faster than TL and he can take more damage than TL
now i love both of them actually the funny thing is theyre both my mains but i still think link is better than toonlink in many ways
A) he looks cooler
B) he is faster moving
C) his attacks are more agile (fast)
TL is one of those players that would be a perfect counter against falcos speed

In order though its is
1.Link
2.Toonlink
3.Young link

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link should have never been in the game. **** clone. No, wait--**** Link ripoff. Pisses me off even more that it's going to be chosen more over Link simply because it's just a fast Link knockoff. An ugly Link, a worthless Link, but a fast one nonetheless. And speed is all anyone cares about in these games.

I will continue to own it with the real Link, thank-you-very-much.

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
Toon Link should have never been in the game. **** clone. No, wait--**** Link ripoff. Pisses me off even more that it's going to be chosen more over Link simply because it's just a fast Link knockoff. An ugly Link, a worthless Link, but a fast one nonetheless. And speed is all anyone cares about in these games.

I will continue to own it with the real Link, thank-you-very-much.

not clones...

and nobody cares what you think, thank-you-very-much.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
not clones...

and nobody cares what you think, thank-you-very-much.
This is an opinion thread. I gave mine. If you don't like it, then quit these boards.

Obviously no one cares about what you think, either. A Lucy main, I see. Playing it because it is legitimately mediocre or because you're still falling for the lame-and-getting-lamer pokemon sequels? Either way, I'm sure you'd be very knowledgeable on the subject of Link.

Link pwns Toon Link's *** in every conceivable way. Except with respect to playability in Brawl. I admitted that. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. I find it to be a severe injustice to the Zelda series. Especially since WW was the biggest pain in the *** in the history of Zelda games.

Top Bottom