• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is a good partner for Wolf ?

Blad01

Smash Lord
Hello all !

I come here with a simple question : My partner uses Wolf, and i don't know who to choose.

I'm a Falco/Ganondorf main. I'm great with them but :

- Falco is not good at all in a team with Wolf, according to me. But maybe i'm wrong ?
- Ganondorf is good to kill very fast, but is pretty hard to control in a defense position, and can't stand certain match-ups.

I also bgan to main some secondaries. In order to my skill with the character :

- ROB
- DK
- Marth

Ok, so the question is : Who, between Falco, Ganondorf, ROB, (DK, and Marth), should i use ?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Well, I dual main Wolf/Marth, and I must say they cover each other quite well and have several similarities. They are both fast, powerful, mid ranged. I'd say if you get used to Marth, it'll help your partner and you too (Marth also benefits Falco).

Blad01

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's what i though too... But for the moment i suck with Marth :p

(And yes, i know for the duality with Falco, that's the reason why Marth's one of my secondaries ;) Actually, i'm hesitating between DK, ROB and Marth to compliment Falco)

I was also thinking to ROB... He has projectiles, but not spammable (so that cannot trouble my partner), is good at close range, has good grabs (I love grabs 8)), and a good recovery.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Ok, thanks :) And what do you guys think about Wolf + ROB ?

By the way, in which way Marth + Wolf is the best ? Concretely, i mean. :)

Because if i'm Marth and that i fight Snake, i won't have the advantage, by example...

~Switch

Smash Rookie
Wolf and fox would work, you need someone really fast, to compliment him. I dunno about wolf+marth, I don't think they'd compliment each other extremely well.

homicidalrapist

Smash Apprentice
I think that wolf needs a character with wicked air combos and recovery to compliment wolf. maybe MK or luigi? I always thought that spaceanimal teams were good, i just never see any.

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
Wolf and fox would work, you need someone really fast, to compliment him. I dunno about wolf+marth, I don't think they'd compliment each other extremely well.
Me and a friend of mine do Wolf/Fox as our primary team. They kick *** together.
You bring the strength, they bring the speed. But both characters are fast and strong in their own ways.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Straight up DK and Wolf. Wolf's best killing move is his down smash, but it is good in general. Wolf can really rack up the damage and with DK's tanking abilities and killing power, you don't have to worry about preserving your down smash.

I dunno. DK and Wolf make a great team.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Fox is a good partner for Wolf... I mean, seriously, Wolf, deep down, likes Fox! *is a Wolf/Fox shipper*

Oh wait, you mean in SMASH?! XD

Marth or Snake works.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Hum, so everybody says Marth... But please explain how to play in team with Wolf/Marth ? Concretely, why do i do with Marth ? Why would Marth be better ? What does "Marth compliments Wolf weaknesses" concretely mean ? (I mean 2vs2 = 1vs1 + 1vs1...)

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
i actually agree with ookami-kun. personally wolf is like a stronger but slower versoin of fox. his moves are petty much the same. wolf alone is a really really good character to master. most strong charachters are slow and have bad jumping and recovery, but wolf is strong with medium speed and decent recovery as oppopsed to slow as a snail like ganondorf of king dede (no offense. actually dede has good jumping but is till slow). then fox is like a faster but a little weaker version of wolf. Its good to have a balance of all atributes and fox and wolf r actually pretty good. if uwant more of a power house team wolf and falco can be really good. its just like wolf and fox but with more strength but a little less speed. i would im not just saying this because fox and falco are my mains but i would suggest trying these combos. another combo is wolf and wolf. your partner can teach u to use wolf if that'ts the case . experiment with these combos and tke into consideration of the perople u r fighting. if all else fails.... well.. uhh keep on trying!!!

Mikeey

Smash Rookie
Olimar and wolf seem like an interesting combo if u think about it wolf is probably the safest partner for olimar since he can scar back onto a stage u dont have to worry about occupying the edge when ur buddy is tryin to come back

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
thanks indnkid209 of planetrenders for my sig.
anyone who can kill quickly. ike, ganon, fox, pikachu, etc.
all of them compliment wolf because he has trouble killing, but no trouble racking up damage. with wolf showering people with lasers, making chaos, it will be easier to get a kill move off as your character. wolf is also an amazing team mate, because one wolf can laser on the ground, and the other one can short hop laser. WALL OF LASERS.

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
I just started playing with a ROB. Its awesome first off if we really want we can make a wall of projectiles, wolf on ground doing lasers with ROB jumping above shooting lasers down and gyros. The basic gameplan for us is that ROB camps the ledges play defence to try and get gimps, if no one is on him he's basically landing lasers and gyro's on opponents as they try and fight me. Also if he has the gyro in his hand and i do a downthrow he can do a glide toss to down smash and i shop to forward air, its like a 60% damage combo thats ez to execute. ROB can gimp very easily and he can use weak lasers to prevent my gimps. It requires a very aggressive wolf since you are covering the majority of the stage.

Duo55

Smash Ace
I'm gonna have to say that Fox and wolf are a great team. I main Fox, and my brother Wolf. Were both extremly good player. ( lol, talks cheap online, believe what you want)When we are team, its pretty much a garunteed two stocking. Wolf and Fox compliment each other very well. While my brother (Wolf) has the ground on lock down, I (Fox) patrol the air, and make sure nothing is in it. Also, there finishing game is incridible. (wolf) Laser to (Fox) Up-smash is a killer combo. Both, have good projectiles, so if the opposing team decides to double team my brother, I can light them up with the laser, until my brother can no longer hold them both off, then I save him with a dash-A, it may not hit, but it will atleast disorrentate them long enough for my partner to escape. If I get double teamed, its the same technique. If they decide to split up, and fight one on one, I can fight my opponent, and occasionally shoot a few lasers to help my teammate out. This is just a very vague explanation of some of the things that make this pair a deadly duo. This is all my opinion, and it works really well for me.

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
Wolf is a great all around doubles partner, and he can work in with about anybody to make a good team. Typically though, you want someone who can kill, as most of Wolf's reliable kills don't come into play until 120% or so. So teaming him with say, Diddy may not work as well because neither of them can kill early.

He has a lot of strengths in teams. He can play defensively and space, controlling one opponent while your partner deals with the other. Blaster is especially useful. If there is a lull in the battle on your side of things (i.e. your opponent just got sent off the side) you can fire a blaster at the other opponent to put pressure on them and help your teammate out. Fsmash is also good for getting in a free hit. Other than that you can Bair all day to keep an opponent out and mix it with blaster and Fsmash. Saving up Dsmash and Fair also allows you to get kills earlier. His Dthrow works well to set your partner up for hits. Shine gives you a panic button breakout attack.

I play with a Ganondorf and I think it makes for a really strong team. Wolf is able to space with blaster, Bair and Fsmash, he can rack damage, and set Ganondorf up for big hits with blaster and shine. The only real problem I've found with this team is neither handles MK very well, who seems to be a widely used teams partner, and also if you both get knocked off the stage at the same time it can be difficult to recover, as both have to get to the edge ASAP and one can't stall while the other takes the ledge.

Top Bottom