• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who here will actually go to a tourney

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Who here is #1. Actually going to a tourney and #2. Only going to use PT...

yeah, that's right... (actually I should say have you played other people who aren't in your "circle" of friends and trying our your PT there)

Cause if you're not (and some of you probably aren't even thinking about going to one)...then stop tryin to think that you know what's good for PT or trying to help people when you don't even know...

Toby.

Smash Master
lol. ok...

The earliest tournament is in december. I'll be attending. There was another one this weekend but I have exams the next day. I don't think it would be very wise to go. (lol exam johns?).

I play with all sorts of people. I almost never play with my "circle of friends", and my mains are PT and Random. I play gotgames ladder matches as well as IRL matches at biweekly meets, etc.

lol @ "stop trying to think you know what's good for PT". You aren't his mother >_>

The people you are talking about SHOULD be posting so that they can become directly involved with the metagame. They will learn a lot more by proposing ideas than by simply reading the opinions of other people.

In the scientific community progress is made through the refutation of hypothesis. This board should work in the same way.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
November 1st. I'm excited because I wasn't available for most of the summer and so I couldn't go to the Cave or whatever.

And I do play regular friendlies with people outside of my group of "friends."

...And yes, PT only. As if I knew how to play other characters.

Itburns

Smash Journeyman

yeah, that's right... (actually I should say have you played other people who aren't in your "circle" of friends and trying our your PT there)

Cause if you're not (and some of you probably aren't even thinking about going to one)...then stop tryin to think that you know what's good for PT or trying to help people when you don't even know...
I understand what your trying to get across.. believe me ive been there. There are always gonna be people on this boards that are gonna reply like *******s. just shrug it off.

You have to realise alot of the old vetran pokemon trainers have become slightly bitter with old age and are close minded because they are so set in their ways that change is evil

keep ya chin up, Rep PT and know that there are alot of us that will support the new comers

Tenki

Smash Hero

Even though your concerns are pretty valid, I stand as a counterpoint.

I didn't go to an offline Brawl tourney (and I rarely even played in online tourneys, though I did play in online friendlies alot) until recently, but nevertheless I discovered techniques and did experimentation with techniques and spread it through the boards for better Sonic players to experiment with and try to incorporate into their own games. They actually took stuff to their games, and worked with it, and a few of them have placed within top 8 in tournies and I've seen them using it.

After a while, I decided that I wasn't seeing the kind of 'icing' on people's games that I wanted to see, so I decided to stop experimenting for other people, work on my basics, and take it live.

And I swept 1st in my first tourney.

I understand your concerns about scrubs who don't know your character giving advice (at the Sonic boards, we regularly have lolfests at fanboys who try to bring up old/useless crap; Falcon boards have to deal with people who still think the Knee is his best kill move), but if they present an idea that you haven't tried before, try it out and see if it's worth using first.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
myeah. there are always a few exceptions, though. just because you don't play in a true competitive scene doesn't mean you aren't skilled enough to contribute.

and i went to hobo11 (houston) and will go to oh snap 4 (u of oklahoma) and jccc3 (johnson city juco, near kansas city). any major tournaments around the kansas area. :) and participate in bi weekly tourneys here in wichita, although those people are slowly becoming pretty tight friends, i think it counts. so...yeah i have experience offline.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
nah i don't go to tournaments at all

9th of 45 in Singles, 5th of 21 in Doubles at Palmdale Bi-Weeklies 3
17th of 84 in Brawl Singles at Oxnard Brawl/Melee Tournament
17th of 57 in Brawl Singles at Lancaster Power Rangers I: AVC 3up Tourney Rescue
4th out of 33 in Brawl Singles at SSBSCV's (Garrett's) Last Clubhouse Tourney
13th out of 57 in Brawl Singles at AVC Tournament 2up
2nd out of 26 in Brawl Singles at SSBSCV's There Go My Weekend
1st out of 21 in Brawl Singles at SSBSCV's Originally Titled Tournament

all PT

the funny thing is i'm probably like the least helpful person on this board

zeta

Smash Journeyman
i go to weekly tournies in vegas whenever i can.

tournaments are usually 50+

the best i've gotten in singls is 7th
the best i've gotten in teams is 5th

i won't quit on pt til i place 1st

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
nah i don't go to tournaments at all

9th of 45 in Singles, 5th of 21 in Doubles at Palmdale Bi-Weeklies 3
17th of 84 in Brawl Singles at Oxnard Brawl/Melee Tournament
17th of 57 in Brawl Singles at Lancaster Power Rangers I: AVC 3up Tourney Rescue
4th out of 33 in Brawl Singles at SSBSCV's (Garrett's) Last Clubhouse Tourney
13th out of 57 in Brawl Singles at AVC Tournament 2up
2nd out of 26 in Brawl Singles at SSBSCV's There Go My Weekend
1st out of 21 in Brawl Singles at SSBSCV's Originally Titled Tournament

all PT

the funny thing is i'm probably like the least helpful person on this board
Hey Typh, it's me Natch. That PT you ditto'd with at the last tourney Creepy held. So you placed 9th at that tourney?

Top Bottom