• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who here thinks the mach tornado sucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigabyte_

Smash Cadet
It doesn't actually suck, but it's not this godly move either. It's the most overrated move in brawl and people think it solves all of meta's problems. Good players **** nado spam like nobody's business.

Also, I am not saying MK needs improvement. Just tired of people saying tornado is this godly move.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
It's still a good move as long as you don't spam it. After you spam it it gets areally easy for the other person to punish

Ulevo

Smash Master
Mach Tornado is the best move in the game. It is the only move in the game that pressures shields and zones, edge guards excellently, provides safe recovery, deals massive amounts of damage for a singular move, gives the user mobility, can be stringed from other moves, and makes the user nearly invulnerable while using it, as well as single handedly turning the match up in to Meta Knights favor, all at the same time.

There is no move in this game that even compares to its utility, versatility, adaptability, and efficiency.

Gigabyte_

Smash Cadet
Mach Tornado is the best move in the game. It is the only move in the game that pressures shields and zones, edge guards excellently, provides safe recovery, deals massive amounts of damage for a singular move, gives the user mobility, can be stringed from other moves, and makes the user nearly invulnerable while using it, as well as single handedly turning the match up in to Meta Knights favor, all at the same time.

There is no move in this game that even compares to its utility, versatility, adaptability, and efficiency.

That is until someone DI's out of it and ***** your face.

You also suffer from the ending lag when someone powershields the whole thing.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
The only reason he did do well by spamming is because DDD is a fatass who as trouble DIing out of it. If that was someone like GaW it wouldn't work.
So? It kills top tier character like Snake and D3. Sounds like a **** fine move to me.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
It doesn't actually suck, but it's not this godly move either. It's the most overrated move in brawl and people think it solves all of meta's problems. Good players **** nado spam like nobody's business.

Also, I am not saying MK needs improvement. Just tired of people saying tornado is this godly move.
You, sir, are a moron.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion

um no.......

cutter

Smash Champion
While it's true that many characters can DI out of the tornado, you're safely dealing damage to them. When used intelligently, the tornado is basically free damage. Sure that 6 damage you take from it here and there isn't that much, but it does add up when accumulated over time. That's why the tornado is so good. Even in high level play when you expect your opponent to quickly break out of it, they still take damage from it. OR if they shield the whole thing their shield is now pretty much completely ruined and they are highly vulnerable to getting shieldstabbed.

Even better, if you shieldpressure your opponent and their shield is partially depleted, you can follow up with a tornado and there is very little they can do about it except get hit. Again, they can DI out if they're not someone like Bowser/DK/DDD, but you're still doing essentially free damage to them.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team

I have a turtle that meets these claims.

Anyway, as per the topic at hand, I think it's clear that Meta Knight has better moves. His down aerial, down smash, and Shuttle Loop all seem pretty clearly better than Mach Tornado to me.

pixelbind

Smash Cadet
.... there are so many ways to counter nado. People shouldn't really be complaining that much, just figure out what will stop it with whatever character you use. or... you can just run away from it

Gigabyte_

Smash Cadet
.... there are so many ways to counter nado. People shouldn't really be complaining that much, just figure out what will stop it with whatever character you use. or... you can just run away from it
Seriously. I've been forcing myself to not use nado and I started winning way more matches..

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I have a turtle that meets these claims.

Anyway, as per the topic at hand, I think it's clear that Meta Knight has better moves. His down aerial, down smash, and Shuttle Loop all seem pretty clearly better than Mach Tornado to me.
Nah, the turtle doesn't help recover, although GaW doesn't need it. I believe mach Tornado is a better edge guard against good characters too =B

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion

players like you are the reason MK is so ****ing annoying

the character himself is already broken enough, then you have delusional nobodies who are "tired of people saying tornado is godly"

Protip: It is godly, idiot

Go pick a real character and start playing the actual game pls

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
players like you are the reason MK is so ****ing annoying

the character himself is already broken enough, then you have delusional nobodies who are "tired of people saying tornado is godly"

Protip: It is godly, idiot

Go pick a real character and start playing the actual game pls
ROFL neo too goodz

Nic64

Smash Lord
as with most things in the game it all depends on your opponent, it is pretty much a "hit B to ****" scenario against some heavyweights with poor defenses to it, against many other characters, they'll DI out of it and dair you before you've done as much damage to them as the dair does to you. it's a great move overall though and it can be used to punish almost any behavior pattern, shield turtling, spot/roll/air dodge whores, many kinds of projectile brick walls, other MK's that use shuttle loop a lot...**** you can punish another meta knight approaching with tornado by going into tornado! it does have an incredible degree of utility, idk if I'd say it's godly, but it is in fact very good...*situationally*, just because olimar can DI out of it in under half a second doesn't mean it's useless in general lol

Omnath

Smash Ace
Seriously. I've been forcing myself to not use nado and I started winning way more matches..
Haha.. Sometimes I will get so caught up with Nair, Dair and Fair that I forget I even have mach tornado.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Why are you calling him a moron for stating truth. Tornado is only good against some characters. Its the most overhyped move in brawl because it ***** noobs....
Uh, you're a fool if you think that it is "only good against some characters." Name a character that is not bothered one bit by the tornado. You probably can't, and for good reason.

Well, first, let's look at the perfect post describing why the tornado is so good.

There may be one or two moves that *may* deserve a nod for being very good and doing just about all of this (Samus's zair), yet I'm sure none are as good as Mach Tornado when it comes to an overall rating.

Ok, so there are moves that can break the tornado, and the tornado has a blind spot from above. So what? You don't tornado from far away and give your opponent the chance to do something. You wait until you're in a spot where they can't do anything (at least without some ridiculous setup that they're probably not going to get) and you use it. If I know that, for example, Zelda can break it with Usmash, utilt, ftitl, uair, and a max distance Din's Fire, and if I know I'm vulnerable from directly above yet Zelda cannot safely respond with her dair because of how it works, I would use the move when she's airbone, so long as I'm not above her. There. That's it. That's all that has to be done to ensure she can never effectively answer to it. I could also bait some of the moves that break it and hit her anyway, or I could just string it with other attacks. She may be able to find a way to get away from it, but she would not be beating the tornado in most real cases.

This is the case for basically every character that can be hit by the tornado.It can **** anyone who finds him/herself in a bad position, one that they can easily be put in by Metaknight himself. Don't try to act like it isn't that good of a move.

I Good players **** nado spam like nobody's business.
That is until someone DI's out of it and ***** your face.

You also suffer from the ending lag when someone powershields the whole thing.
This is ridiculous. A good MK wouldn't 1) end the tornado beside you, 2) let someone DI out of it and then get hit easily, and 3) spam it and get ***** time and time again. You have proven nothing.

This is either a lie or you just sucked that badly with the Tornado. Or both.

"Counter" it? The tornado doesn't have "counters." There are "answers", but not "counters."

And before someone goes, "but that's the same thing", it is not. Something that is countered effectively is something that can't be used safely because the counter can come out and completely shut whatever it is down. Something that can be answered to can potentially run into a problem, but it does not get shut down.

Shielding, for example, is an answer. Using a situational move to break the tornado is another answer. They can reliably break the tornado if they connect, but you may not be able to reliably position yourself to use the attack because, as I said earlier, MK can just force you to be in positions where you can't attack it.

What counters the tornado? Tell me.

Aiko

Smash Champion
Thread lock counters it.

Seriously though that last post was actually decent debating but half of this here is just spam/flame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom