• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who hated R.O.B. at first, but liked him after seeing some footage?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Figures, people would like because he looks like he'll top tier. >_>

Me? I'm neutral towards him at the moment. Probably be one of my 3rd mains because I main WTF characters for no reason sometimes. o.o

CFMV

"The Marf"
ROB didn't keep anybody out. There's no set number of slots in the roster. Why is that so hard to understand?

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
Well at first ROB seemed like a waste, and i really disliked him. But he seems to be really strong and has a great recovery. Hes ok, i guess.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I thought he/she/it/potato stole the spot at first, but he/she/it looks very fun to use. Another thing I like about R.O.B. is this song.
Fixed. Rob is awesome and the only other characters I'll play are DeDeDe and Lucario.

Smashruler

Smash Apprentice
Definitely me. When I saw R>O>B make it in, especially when Krystal didn't, I hated him. But after watchging a couple of videos i think he's pretty good and i happy with him now.

Dnato

Smash Rookie
lol while looking for my main i overlooked Rob and thought he looked gay and never tred him out till the very end. turns out i loved him lol

ICEDTEA1325

Smash Apprentice
you shouldn't judge a character until you have tried them and just because other people can play him good does not mean you can play him good. if you are rob just cuz you saw someone do awesome combos doesn't mean you can...pick a character that you feel you can do the best with, not other people.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I didn't think I would use ROB. Then I saw "Short Circuit." What a beautiful movie. Anyone who uses ROB owes it to themselves to see the movie Short Circuit. Good ol' Johnny5.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Not me! I always loved playing R.O.B. in Mario Kart. When I saw R.O.B. in the Subspace Emissary, I knew that he was going to be playable. Everybody else called it a cameo. <.< I guess that makes me a true R.O.B. fan.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
I hate ROB because he got in over other characters
I doubt he got in over other characters. Given his role in SSE, it's likely that he was a high-priority character to get into the roster from the beginning.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I hated ROB before I knew his past.

Once I found out how important he was, I changed my mind.

Also, this picture helped persuade me...

Seriously! It made me feel so bad for the poor little guy.
Don't worry ROB, I love you. :)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Post ignored
I don't understand why, just because someone joined recently, you feel the need to ignore their post. Yes, I joined April 2008, but it doesn't mean I'm new to Smash Bros. You were new at one point too, and just because people happened to join around the time Brawl came out doesn't mean that they're idiots and should be ignored. Couldn't it be that I've been meaning to join a Smash Bros community for a while and I finally got to joining one after Brawl came out? (That IS what happened)

Heck, I don't even favor Brawl. I like both equally, because Brawl has some cool content but Melee plays much better, and it has some advantages over Brawl.

You probably haven't even read this far, as you'll most likely just take exactly what you just said and use it against me, but I still find your post to be ignorant and offensive.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I don't understand why, just because someone joined recently, you feel the need to ignore their post. Yes, I joined April 2008, but it doesn't mean I'm new to Smash Bros. You were new at one point too, and just because people happened to join around the time Brawl came out doesn't mean that they're idiots and should be ignored. Couldn't it be that I've been meaning to join a Smash Bros community for a while and I finally got to joining one after Brawl came out? (That IS what happened)

Heck, I don't even favor Brawl. I like both equally, because Brawl has some cool content but Melee plays much better, and it has some advantages over Brawl.

You probably haven't even read this far, as you'll most likely just take exactly what you just said and use it against me, but I still find your post to be ignorant and offensive.
It's true, not all 08 joiners are *******, but the vast majority of them:
A. think they're the **** because they can beat all their little high school friends and/or random people online
B. post spam and ask stupid questions that could easily be answered by looking around for 30 seconds
C. have never been to a real tournament and thus can't begin to understand competitive smash

Occasionally they do have something useful to add to the conversation, but honestly, it's hard to trust someone who has no reputation whatsoever in the community and it's easier just to ignore them.

Oh and don't think I'm defending Sundown; I agree that following the tier list is a pretty ****ty way to choose a character.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It's true, not all 08 joiners are *******, but the vast majority of them:
A. think they're the **** because they can beat all their little high school friends and/or random people online
B. post spam and ask stupid questions that could easily be answered by looking around for 30 seconds
C. have never been to a real tournament and thus can't begin to understand competitive smash

Occasionally they do have something useful to add to the conversation, but honestly, it's hard to trust someone who has no reputation whatsoever in the community and it's easier just to ignore them.

Oh and don't think I'm defending Sundown; I agree that following the tier list is a pretty ****ty way to choose a character.
I see your point; I'm not saying all '08 joiners are competent and mature, I'm just saying not all are. And by that same token, trolls are not exclusive to '08 joiners.

Which is why I think ignoring someone just because they joined in '08 is stupid. If you see a couple of posts by someone and they're all stupid, then rule them out. Or maybe if they make one really stupid one. But to rule them out right off the bat is just a little judgmental.
I realize I'm not exactly able to argue on this point very well since I'm an '08 joiner myself, but...that's how I feel on the issue.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman

I actually agree, but look at the post following yours... it basically explains how i feel too... but in all honesty and fairness... you are right. (its the fault of the other dumb *** 2k8ers)

In all honesty and fairness too, you dont have any right to go around saying that any persons reasons to choose a character is sad. I never tell the low tier players that they are stupid because its harder to win with these characters, so i expect the same courtesy.

I had a hard *** time in Melee trying to play Zelda vs somewhat decent players, and im not making that mistake again in Brawl, so yeah, basically in Brawl ill just pick the best ore one of the best, because i do want to have those little advantages, games are won obviously by skill, and thank god this game isnt SC3 where games are actually won in character select screen. But its definetly not "sad" to pick a char because he/she/it is good.

Anyway... no1 has to defend my point, its just the way i think, and im sure many more people think like that and not say it...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
In all honesty and fairness too, you dont have any right to go around saying that any persons reasons to choose a character is sad. I never tell the low tier players that they are stupid because its harder to win with these characters, so i expect the same courtesy.

I had a hard *** time in Melee trying to play Zelda vs somewhat decent players, and im not making that mistake again in Brawl, so yeah, basically in Brawl ill just pick the best ore one of the best, because i do want to have those little advantages, games are won obviously by skill, and thank god this game isnt SC3 where games are actually won in character select screen. But its definetly not "sad" to pick a char because he/she/it is good.

Anyway... no1 has to defend my point, its just the way i think, and im sure many more people think like that and not say it...
I agree, I don't see anything wrong with picking a character based on tier. I do think, however, that tier only should not determine the character, especially since there's no one top tier character. Now I play as Samus (or attempt to), despite the fact that she's low tier. I love Metroid, I mained her in Melee, and I don't want to drop her unless I have to. But I also play with other characters because I like a lot of characters, and I play characters like R.O.B. because he's good, but also because I like him as a character. For example, no matter what, I'm not going to main Ice Climbers just because they're high tier simply for the fact that I'm not a huge fan of the characters themselves. I'll go for other higher tiered characters.

But yeah, that's just my personal preference, and I'm not going to attack someone for choosing a character based solely on tiers. I just won't necessarily like their methods.

Sundown

Smash Journeyman
Also, alles klar dann :) Und viel Glück mit Samus :)

So, its all ok then, and i wish you good luck with samus :)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Also, alles klar dann :) Und viel Glück mit Samus :)

So, its all ok then, and i wish you good luck with samus :)
Thank you, and I wish you good luck in finding a main. :)

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
I liked him once I tried him out, since no one else was working for me.

Top Bottom