• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who Hasn't Completed SSE?

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
I beat Tabuu, but I'm not at 100% completion. I only really did it as a quick way to unlock everyone.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I've completed it on Intense, 100%, etc.

While it was definitely not enjoyable per say, I did like the backgrounds...

plus it's like a Kirby game. You know, that one we've been waiting for since 2005. lol

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
When I got Brawl I played through SSE as quickly as possible on the lowest difficulty just to unlock everything I needed in about one night.

I would've liked it had there been some actual production value to it...at least some voice acting...

Anyways, doing SSE in however many hours it took me to get all the stages and characters was way faster than doing hundreds of matches in multiplayer to unlock everything
So true.I agree with all this but the story part.Sure the story could have been better,but the bosses and the cinematics rocked.(not all;some were really boring)

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I haven't beat it. It's not that I think it sucks or whatever, just my brother beat it before me so there really isn't a point in doing it unless I want to get 100% on the SSE. I've played up to Duon and then just never tried it again.

It's good, but I never beat it. I know how it ends from watching my brother beat it though.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Nerdy and childish cinematic sequences, a camera zoomed way too far in, enemies that aren't built around the fighting system and tasteless platformer standards
Nerdy and childish? This is Nintendo. Hell, this is Smash Bros. You know, where you play as an obese plumber fighting an electric rat? It's a fun look at the Nintendo universes colliding, and the characters interacting. You're being serious about this game, and think you have the ability to call the cutscenes in single player nerdy? While complaining about camera angels and enemy AI? Please.

I haven't played more than 3 subspace missions and no one can make me.
And nobody cares enough for force you to. Get over yourself.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Why wouldn't you complete SSE? Playing 4000 Vs. matches is more tedious.
Although that depends on what you do in the Vs. matches. XD

unii

Smash Cadet
I didn't beat subspace I started the game I just didn't finish it.

Its not a bad singleplayer but I just didnt feel the need to beat it

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I did it for the cutscenes, and maybe only three of them didn't disappoint. Honestly, it was a disappointing game and I didn't enjoy it. The story was simplistic and one dimensional, while simultaneous totally opaque and obscure, because nothing was really explained. Sakurai had to explain the ****ing story in the Dojo, and that's the only reason I understand what was going on. It didn't help that they eschewed the beginning of the story for making me play through the whole game twice.

Aforementioned problems abound as well. The idiotic enemy designs that had nothing to do with the way that Smash Brothers is played. The fact that the game was completely unchallenging, and mostly just annoying. The game as a whole was a failure, IMO.

I beat it once. I don't think anyone should expect any more of me.

himynameisruss

Smash Journeyman
i've never even started SSE. the only time i've ever played it was with a friend on his file for like ten minutes.

Top Bottom