• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who has the best up B?

Pose

Smash Apprentice
Who has the overall best up b move in the game?

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Bowser's up B may suck as a recovery, but wow is it amazing. Especially on certain stages like Yoshi's (Bowser's) Story.

Kitten

Smash Journeyman
Bowser's is good as an attack because it has great priority, 4 frame come out time and can be done out of shield.

As a recovery up+B, I would go with Pikachu. Quick, long range and difficult to edge guard. Faster than Pichu's, too.

CWolf20

Smash Journeyman
I would probably agree with mostly everyone thus far, but I would give some credit to Mewtwo's Up+B as a recovery and move in general.

Khanczar

Smash Ace
*looks at meta's title and location*

DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU

Krahman

Smash Rookie
I dunno but if you used Sheik's up b wisely I guees it could be pretty useful in attacking and recovering, but not sure about BEST up b.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Best up-B in the game belongs to Bowser. End of story. Bowser's up-B is invincibilty frames. It comes out insanely fast, lasts a long time, is used to fortress hog, has great priority, makes for awesome horizontal recovery, and is awesome. It's Gimpy's tag. That's proof right there.

Ness has an incredible up-B. PK Thunder can tailwhip everybody, make Ness a projectile, and floorblast for a cool lightning "jacket" (not to be confused with YYG Jackets).

Link's up-B a good edgeguard and attack out of his shield. Young Link's isn't good (blender ftl), but Link's isn't horrible.

Smash Master
I thought Bowser's up-B came out in four frames, not one, but w/e.

Ares726

Smash Ace
I thought Bowser's up-B came out in four frames, not one, but w/e.
Yea, I think it comes out in four. The only attacks that come out in 1 frame are Fox and Falco's shines. Next is Ganon's neutral A which comes out in 3 frames. After that is Bowser's up-B and Zelda's downsmash which come out in 4 frames.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure those are the fastest attacks in the game.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
I really think Its' Marths....
It's a good recovery....
Good Finisher.... ( If done to end a combo REVERSED STYLE)
And.... It makes fast look like... not fast..

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
The only attacks that come out in 1 frame are Fox and Falco's shines
You forgot Jigg's Rest. That's also one frame come out time, tied with the shines.

Best upB eh? Bowser for sure. 4 frames to come out, is one huge invincibility frame, lasts absurly long, can insta-edgehog, is a KO move at reasonable percentages, can be done out of shield...man, that list is like the Energizer Bunny :laugh:

Though I'd have to say that my favorite upBs are Marth/Roy's. Aerial reverse upB KO looks pretty sexy. Also, I had to add Roy's in there because reverse Blazer > jiggs.

And Falcon's upB gets an honorable mention, but only when used on Samus, [edit]and when in his pink costume[/edit]

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
As speed goes Bowser is the #1 choice, as for recovery i'd say samus, but you ppl forgot somebody important........................MARIO!! ......................it may not be the fastest but it sure is surpising as a random attack and as a recovery its not bad comined with down+b, second jump, Cape and the up+b. So if u think about it mario is a cheater when it comes to recovery, he got's 4 jumps!!!! :psycho: and not to mention that glitch jump when he does Up+B and then you wall jump and then Up+B again thats 6 jumps!!!!! :psycho: yeah, Mario is the way to go.

Sick_ShEiK$$$

Smash Cadet
i gotta go with pikachu as recovery and links spin attack just beacause its links on *Spike*
but it can be CC.
bowser upB is good also =]

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Yea, I think it comes out in four. The only attacks that come out in 1 frame are Fox and Falco's shines. Next is Ganon's neutral A which comes out in 3 frames. After that is Bowser's up-B and Zelda's downsmash which come out in 4 frames.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure those are the fastest attacks in the game.
I know for sure that:

Bowser up B comes out in 3 frames
Fox's Shine, Falco's Shine and Jiggs Rest all come out in 1 frame.

I think the Best Up B belongs to Bowser (in terms of attacking)

The Best recovery Up B, would Be Peach I think, floatiness ftw ^^
2nd I would Chosse G&W, cause of it's crazy vertical recovery O_o

Stryks

Smash Hero
^^ I agree with him, foxs upb is too long, its like one of the best of all upBs... still with marios cape I can just send him to the other direction XD...

saberhof

Smash Master
^^ I agree with him, foxs upb is too long, its like one of the best of all upBs... still with marios cape I can just send him to the other direction XD...
ha....ha...ha...>.>

You never hit me twice with that thing

and samus's up b is pretty good too, she cant be hit with the shine >_<

marthsword

Smash Ace
Fox's up b is INSANELY easy to edgeguard. No way.

Attacking: Bowser > Samus > Yoshi

Recovery: Pichu > M2 > Pikachu

"Why is pichu higher than pikachu?" Pikachu's up b is amazing as a recovery move, we all know that. Pichu's however is MUCH more versatile. Pichu can move in over 20 directions I believe. It i much less predictable. You also get a second chance to move after your first, meaning you can move in another direction out of all those. So Pichu > Pikachu.

Overall there is not doubt that Bowser has the best up b.

. comes out in 3 frames

. invincibility frames

. high priority

.multiple hits

. 30% damage in air

. good horizontal recovery

. substitute it for his roll, making it the best roll

. versatile

. offensive and defensive

and more.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Fox's up b is INSANELY easy to edgeguard. No way.

Attacking: Bowser > Samus > Yoshi

Recovery: Pichu > M2 > Pikachu

"Why is pichu higher than pikachu?" Pikachu's up b is amazing as a recovery move, we all know that. Pichu's however is MUCH more versatile. Pichu can move in over 20 directions I believe. It i much less predictable. You also get a second chance to move after your first, meaning you can move in another direction out of all those. So Pichu > Pikachu.
16 directions, to be exact and Pikachu can move in 16 directions to, BUT Pichu can move twice in the same directions, while Pikachu needs at least a 45o turn after his first part of his up b

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Aside from the fact that Bowser's up-b is godly, Samus' up-b has to be pretty high on the list. If any of you have actually seen her up-b in AR, then you know what I'm talking about--basically, the size and arrangement of the separate hitboxes for her up-b give her massive priority.

Theory aside, it's actually fairly useful in combat as well--though certainly not as spammable as Bowser's is. Up-b out of shield for Samus is absolutely incredible in terms of countering lockdown and/or close-up pressure; the hitbox arrangement actually goes under the stage (I think), so it can pretty much each through opponent's shields as well.

And her up-b stalling on Corneria's fin? It's pretty irritating.

Top Bottom