• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who has the best Final Smash?

GamerdudeAT

Smash Apprentice
If there's already a thread on this please tell me. I've seen all the Final Smashes and I don't know who's is the best. By best I mean the amount of damage it does and the distance it sends other characters flying. So who's is it?

Shuam

Smash Rookie
Marth. No matter what, you're dead. If there isn't a wall in the way, that is.

kr3wman

Smash Master
But if Marth is in the air, if you manage to dodge it, and if there's isnt any wall, Marth's screwed.

Seen it happens a couple of times.

WaffleGuyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Marth's is kinda flawed (SDs) but it has the most killing power, since after all it is a one hit kill. Also add in the fact that it's ridiculously fast.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Marth.

It's fast, it KOs, and you can combo into it.

SDs aren't a problem, just don't do it in the air. You're opponent has to land sometime.

BulgyMilk

Smash Cadet
Eh, Marths isn't THAT good, I've dodged it a couple times, by simply spot dodging/rolling at the right time. I'd have to say that gigabowser is probably the best, landmaster is amazing as well...just cause they last so long that there are very few ways to dodge them. Marth's is over in a second, dodge it, and you're home free...Marth can also kill himself very easily if he misaims it.

2L84U

Smash Journeyman
You play 1 on 1 with a marth and he gets the smash ball
either you're dead or he is.
Either way, the smashball counts as 1 stock. You go like "wooooooshhhhhhh!!" everytime you use it.

Disco Ninja Monkey

Smash Apprentice
OK, BESIDES the obvious (Marth), I'd say the best would be DK's Final Smash. While some of you may be thinking, "omg his final smash sux lets flame him now!!!" at least watch this vid first. It shows his FS executed correctly:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n7UvTc4jWEc
Wow. I haven't actually cared to look up his FS done right, but wow.

You can easily dodge it, or even do something like up+b on ike to not die from it. Giga Bowser, Landmasters, and Super Sonic are a lot harder to dodge.
Eh, that's true.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I think G&W's is good. Seems like it was made to get people off of the stage for good, but I haven't seen a lot of footage of everyones Final Smashes.

@Blitz Wow. I haven't seen that. DK has the best one if you know how to use it then. x]

Linkubus

Smash Cadet
I like Link's the best, although I'm probably being biased.

Marth's can be deadly if he misses.

Umm, I like Peach's FS too.....call me crazy.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Marth's can be deadly if he misses.
Um, he doesn't kill himself if he does it from the ground.

Seriously, why is this so hard to make people understand.

And BTW, did you guys know that Marth can combo into his FS? It's not so easy to dodge if your stuck in stun is it?

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
Sonic's is crazy. It's not that easy to dodge, it can knock you off more than once if you're not careful, and it's super fast. Link's is also not bad, as you can catch more than one person in it, and it's almost always a KO. and Donkey's is also insane if used correctly. And Dedede's... don't even get me started.

@ sonic_wave: yes, it does. If his smash misses at all he's done for. he doen't stop at the edge. it's the killing power mixed with the death factor that balances it out.

GanonMarth

Smash Rookie
Marth is the best because of it never misses. Ganon cause its just so dang powerful and epic.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Let's not all forget that you can also shield marth's final smash. Now luigi's final smash, that's broken. Gives everyone in the magic bubble a freakin LSD trip. Ok, seriously the landmaster is pretty lame since you can kill someone twice off the top with one smashball.

Zevox

Smash Lord
@ sonic_wave: yes, it does. If his smash misses at all he's done for. he doen't stop at the edge. it's the killing power mixed with the death factor that balances it out.
You must not have seen him miss on the ground before, because he does indeed stop at the edge. I've seen it in a number of videos.

So anyway, Marth's is definitely the best - any player who knows how to use him could combo into it or make sure to time it such that his opponent can't dodge it, and if it hits, it kills. Past him, I'd say its situation-dependent. On a small stage, Giga Bowser or the Landmaster would likely be best. On larger ones, most FSes lose effectiveness, but I'd say Light Arrows or the Ganon Transformation would remain about as useful. And Lucario and Snake have great fire-and-forget ones (in the sense that they can activate it as soon as they get it without worrying about setting up for it), which makes them pretty good. And of course theres DK's, but you need to learn to use it first, and if you make a mistake, it loses effectiveness.

Eh, its just too difficult to tell past Marth, to be honest.

Zevox

Stoo99

Smash Cadet
Best is probably Jigglypuff's, the Link's, or marth's

Jiggly's makes her invincible and can basically kill anything remotely near the edge of a stage, while the Links' and Marth's are essentially instant KOs, and they both look amazing.

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
I disagree with Marth's being the best. It's horrendously easy to dodge if you're any good at that sort of thing.

Also, the Landraider can only get two flying KOs if the target lets it. It's not hard to escape.

In all seriousness, I consider Jigglypuff's the best. Seriously, if the Jiggly player sets it up right it can kill everyone else in a four player match, and it is ridiculously hard to dodge.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Samus' is pretty nice. Along with Fox's, Falco's, and Wolf's. With Samus, it has a wide range and then it kinda pops at the end to hit people that are still within the vicinity of the beam. With the Landmasters, you can shoot people that are in the air, roll over people below or near you, or even carry people away with the boosters!

I don't know why people are saying Marth's is so good. It's a single shot that can end up killing him if he doesn't hit. At least Ganon's and Zelda's/Shiek's doesn't kill you (and it's almost a one-hit-KO as it is). I guess it would be better if you couldn't midair dodge it. Does anyone know if it can miss that way?

Oh yeah, I forgot to include Sonic's. I've never really seen people dodge it anyway, and it usually kills at about 50%. It also lasts a good amount of time too (Olimar's is pretty strong too, along with Snake's since you can juggle opponents to their death).

ConeZone

Smash Ace
luigi's is hilarious, but overall i like kirby's and D.K's. DK especially if you push the right buttons in the right order you can deal some nasty damage

B J

Smash Cadet
Olimar, i'm not sure if it can be dodged yet, but i don't think so. And it involves a spaceship, giant plant like monsters, and... the rocket exploding.

chAvo

Smash Cadet
Well in actuality the best of all FS's i would have to say is the land master, because u can very easily take 2 stocks with it. U can ram into the enemy and shoot, if they stand on top of you, just press the jump button and fly to the top ( land master doesn't die in the top, only sides, and bottom)

Kinsei_Kensei

Smash Apprentice
I think Luigi's final, Negative Zone, rocks! Let's look at the symptoms shall we...

Drastically reduced attack power
Greater launch distance when hit
Increased likelihood of slipping
Steady increase in damage percentage
Flower growth on head
Dizziness
Uncontrollable taunting
Sudden sleepiness
Decreased movement speed

If you're caught in the middle of his bubble, you're pretty much screwed. My second choice would be the Landmaster...but which one...hmm....

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
Mario's. It practically sucks people up in a beam of fire with two burning cyclones spiraling aorund it creating a fire inferno killing machine.

And multiple people die all at once when used at the edge of a stage. Plus, it can go all the way across the stage if used correctly.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Marth's, Toon Link's, Ike's Link's, Captain Falcon's, and Ganon[dorf]'s can be dodged with a mere roll, or with Marth a shield.

I gotta go with either Donkey Kong, Bowser, Wario, or Yoshi. Donkey's Kong's when done perfectly is like a instant KO, PERIOD! (look at a post on the previous page) Bowser's is good, but only in Gimpyfish's hands. Actually, Bowser's is the best Final smash [in Gimpyfish's hands]. Everyone I've seen doing Wario's final smash sucks, and can't even control him. I see a lot of potential in it. With Yoshi's, I see a lot of my fellow spammers, and people with perfect aim making it a deadly weapon.

Edit: Samus' is pretty good as well. And the Landmaster. More proof Sakurai is biased towards Star Fox.

Anyways, the characters with the best Final Smashes in my opinion are:
1. Bowser
2. Donkey Kong
3. Samus
4. Yoshi
5. Wario

Watch me either be totally right, or completely wrong. :cool:

Best101

Smash Ace
I think Luigi's final, Negative Zone, rocks! Let's look at the symptoms shall we...

Drastically reduced attack power
Greater launch distance when hit
Increased likelihood of slipping
Steady increase in damage percentage
Flower growth on head
Dizziness
Uncontrollable taunting
Sudden sleepiness
Decreased movement speed

If you're caught in the middle of his bubble, you're pretty much screwed. My second choice would be the Landmaster...but which one...hmm....
Jiggly's Landmaster is the best

Also Zelda's final smash is the best. It's a one hit KO and it's funny, especially in slow motion

Top Bottom