• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who else is worried Brawl might not be that good?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Well, you'll have a fun time beating him up in Adventure mode. :)
See Takashi, there are plenty of people who loathe and detest Petey. Believe you me bro, he's getting alot of attention in his Official Petey P. Thread in the Character discussion thread, and it's not because they want his pathetic piece of trash in the game.

Bare this in mind.....

^^Pass^^

^^EPIC FAILURE^^

Adi

Smash Lord
Who gives a **** who makes it into the Brawl roster, I play Falco and I've never played a Star Fox game. All that matters is what their moveset is like, and how much you like that.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
See Takashi, there are plenty of people who loathe and detest Petey. Believe you me bro, he's getting alot of attention in his Official Petey P. Thread in the Character discussion thread, and it's not because they want his pathetic piece of trash in the game.

Bare this in mind.....

^^Pass^^

^^EPIC FAILURE^^
LOL! Dude, I think he'll just a boss. I wouldn't go and make a thread about him.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
LOL! Dude, I think he'll just a boss. I wouldn't go and make a thread about him.
No no no, I don't think that's going to be the case. Sakurai is weird and random. He could......he could put anything on the game. Just look at Melee, did you ever in your wildest dreams believe that Game N Watch was going to be an actual playable character?

^^*thinks about what he said and shivers* So.....terrifying....

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Seriously... look at his size.

He's only a part of adventure mode, probably not playable.

Don't forget that if you wanna create a deeper adventure game, you need boss battles... and that's what Sakurai is trying to do.

I think Ridley will probably be in there too, as a boss.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Seriously... look at his size.

He's only a part of adventure mode, probably not playable.

Don't forget that if you wanna create a deeper adventure game, you need boss battles... and that's what Sakurai is trying to do.

I think Ridley will probably be in there too, as a boss.
You do realize you're going to have the whole R.I.D.L.E.Y. on your back about minutes from now, do you? :dizzy:

Now seriously, Ridley has a much better chance of PC than Petey, on the grounds of being actually important to his franchise, and a flyer evil character (both things Sakurai seemed to imply he wanted more of)

Dokuro

Smash Ace
it's pretty much a given that ridley is a boss. doesn't mean he's not going to be playable, in melee, bowser was a boss, doesn't mean that he's not playable...

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
dont hate on petey people u got to admit he looks a lot better in brawl, hes less childish and more im gonna eat ur face off. plus he might just be part of the adventure game and not be playable, just look at assist trophies, petey could just be a boss and nothing more,

BigRick

Smash Master
You do realize you're going to have the whole R.I.D.L.E.Y. on your back about minutes from now, do you? :dizzy:

Now seriously, Ridley has a much better chance of PC than Petey, on the grounds of being actually important to his franchise, and a flyer evil character (both things Sakurai seemed to imply he wanted more of)
Yea but I think that Sakurai will prefer to leave him in his original size which will make him much more fitting as a boss character. Seriously, if you wanna play as sum1, you want the real deal, not some smaller remade version that can't even fly... leaving him as a boss char will only do him good. Plus, his music on the Dojo website is called ''Ridley's theme: Boss Battle'' or sumtin like that.

Btw how many characters is there going to be in Brawl? I hope that Sakurai doesn't go past 30... they don't need to have that many. You can have a good game with only 20 characters if all of 'em are well designed... He just has to cut the third-party bull**** (NO sonic, NO snake), put only ONE version of Link, give the boot to G&W, Pichu, Dr Mario... Keep Falco or put in Wolf instead and voila

Seriously I dont like the fact that 3rd parties are in there... Smash is supposed to be Nintendo's All-Stars.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
When I first saw the trailer for Brawl I was convinced that it would rock hardcore.

Now, not so much. Petey and Diddy did me in especially.

And I think the roster is important because it'll give the game it's flare. If these updates keep up I doubt I'll even be playing this game out of sheer emberassment.

APImagine

Smash Apprentice
I'm focusing on how they're going to balance the game out. If characters end up terribly imbalanced because of movesets, that will discourage me, because you'll end up seeing tons of people play only a select few characters, no matter where you go.

inside

Smash Journeyman
Well there are some characters that you play around with because they have cool looking moves, and there are some characters that you play to kick ***, and from the looks of it there are more cool looking moves than kicking *** ones.

BigRick

Smash Master
When I first saw the trailer for Brawl I was convinced that it would rock hardcore.

Now, not so much. Petey and Diddy did me in especially.

And I think the roster is important because it'll give the game it's flare. If these updates keep up I doubt I'll even be playing this game out of sheer emberassment.
who said that petey will be playable?

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Btw how many characters is there going to be in Brawl? I hope that Sakurai doesn't go past 30... they don't need to have that many. You can have a good game with only 20 characters if all of 'em are well designed... He just has to cut the third-party bull**** (NO sonic, NO snake), put only ONE version of Link, give the boot to G&W, Pichu, Dr Mario... Keep Falco or put in Wolf instead and voila

Seriously I dont like the fact that 3rd parties are in there... Smash is supposed to be Nintendo's All-Stars.

Marketing: Very Important.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Yea but I think that Sakurai will prefer to leave him in his original size which will make him much more fitting as a boss character. Seriously, if you wanna play as sum1, you want the real deal, not some smaller remade version that can't even fly... leaving him as a boss char will only do him good. Plus, his music on the Dojo website is called ''Ridley's theme: Boss Battle'' or sumtin like that.

I agree with this guy. Btw I hear there's gonna be 35 chars but i'm not sure of course.

Derek~Joe

Smash Apprentice
On topic please, we don't want this one closed.

I figured since that last thread is a community, more than a thread, there should still be a place for this thread, you can close it if you think this was a bad idea :)

Owned ^^
nonsense...but the game may be dragged down a lil by Ridley. (if he gets in)

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman

i think there should be over 30 characters i mean seriously melee had 25 which seemes like a lot at first but after playing it for a while it doesnt really seem like muuch having more then 30 will allow for a greater varitey of characters, and i dont see whats wrong with 3rd party character , after all its not like there gonna be more than 4 or five at the most, u can trust there putting effort behind all the characterno matter how many there are.

BigRick

Smash Master
i think there should be over 30 characters i mean seriously melee had 25 which seemes like a lot at first but after playing it for a while it doesnt really seem like muuch having more then 30 will allow for a greater varitey of characters, and i dont see whats wrong with 3rd party character , after all its not like there gonna be more than 4 or five at the most, u can trust there putting effort behind all the characterno matter how many there are.
25 characters is actually ALOT. More characters doesn't mean a better game... seriously smash64 was really good and it only had 12...

The reasons why it feels like you have less is because the game is unbalanced and it has bad clones in it (Y.Link/Pichu/Roy).

Have a balanced game with 16 characters and every1 will be satisfied, I promise...

So yea, 3rd party guys ruin the overall feel of the game... Solid Snake simply had no good reason to be there if we consider Smash Bros as a Nintendo tribute.

Novaya_Russia

Smash Cadet
Smash, unlike Street Fighter or somesuch, is as much about having Diddy Kong vs. Luigi as it is having balanced fighters.

I'm not saying spew 70 unbalanced characters into the game pell-mell, but frankly, there needs to be at least 40 characters to do the concept justice.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
Smash, unlike Street Fighter or somesuch, is as much about having Diddy Kong vs. Luigi as it is having balanced fighters.

I'm not saying spew 70 unbalanced characters into the game pell-mell, but frankly, there needs to be at least 40 characters to do the concept justice.
exactly that way theyl be diffrent varitey of characters and fighting styles, also brawl is about being able to fight with ur favorite characters having a low amount of playable characters would leave out alot of good characters and leave u to think what if... all im sayin is yea sure ssb64 and melee woere great games but this is brawl and its trying to improve on melee as good as melee was it had its faults so im hoping for the game to have more in it , having more in a al ready great game doesnt sound like a bad thing to me

Caael

Smash Lord
I have absolutely no doubt that Ridley will is in Brawl, but with the new ' Heroes arrive late' update, for Animal Crossing, which makes me think an animal crossing character will be in Brawl. Anybody from the game would ruin it for me. The stage was bad enough. Dont get me wrong, I love animal crossing as a game, but in Brawl...no thanks, no thanks.

BigRick

Smash Master
exactly that way theyl be diffrent varitey of characters and fighting styles, also brawl is about being able to fight with ur favorite characters having a low amount of playable characters would leave out alot of good characters and leave u to think what if... all im sayin is yea sure ssb64 and melee woere great games but this is brawl and its trying to improve on melee as good as melee was it had its faults so im hoping for the game to have more in it , having more in a al ready great game doesnt sound like a bad thing to me
keyword here... FAVORITE

adding more and more characters will only satisfy some fanboys that simply can't get over themselves...

Mario, Link, Bowser, Samus are important...

Samurai Goroh, Ridley and other random dudes are NOT

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
there are only 4 truly playable characters in melee: fox, falco, sheik, and marth. so technically, melee had 4 characters. let's hope brawl has more
Peach, Captain falcon, Mario/Doc, Donkey kong

I could go on. Stop being an idiot. Bum's DK did amazing at oc3, and you have to factor counterpick and counterpick stages in way before you check the tier list.

Btw : PEACH. She's technically just as broken as the rest of em, fox falco marth sheik, because of float cancelling, 0 lag, wayy too much priority, etc.

Yoshis final smash looks kind of weak and lame. Which sucks because I love yoshi.... I was hoping hed go into some rapid fire egg mode and pwn everyone or something.

But I always loved the winged yoshi from super mario world for snes, so Im glad to see him in brawl..

Yoshi!!! :chuckle:

Mario, Link, Bowser, Samus are important...

Samurai Goroh, Ridley and other random dudes are NOT
THANK you. Quoted for truth.

Characters themselves dont even matter in the long run. What really matters is the wireframes behind the characters themselves, and their movesets.

That's IT. All the characters are just skeletons with moves, with detail added on top of it all to finish. All that really matters is gameplay, all that really matters is movesets, weight, traction, priority. Not who they are, but what they can do.

Adi

Smash Lord
Hell you can definetely add Ice Climbers to the list, and maybe even Luigi and to a lesser extent Link.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I will be surprised if Ridley even makes it in as an assist trophy.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I will be surprised if Ridley even makes it in as an assist trophy.
Really? despite his theme music being in the game and everything? Well Kraid only made it into melee as a background to a level, and wolf is in the freaking intro movie for melee but they put falco playable instead.

We just dont know until we get the game with sakurai's mindgames.

Oh ya and I forgot about Ice Climbers.

I wouldnt say luigi because I dont see him winning a tourney with the better characters because he's simply too easy to gimp kill and edgeguard as his recovery goes straight up. WD to edgehog >>> luigi.

On the stage he's a beast. He wont win but he'll fight hard vs those darn space animals, ninjas, swordspeople, princesses, racecar drivers, and ... canadians.

chkenparm

Smash Cadet
< Characters themselves dont even matter in the long run. What really matters is the wireframes behind the characters themselves, and their movesets.

That's IT. All the characters are just skeletons with moves, with detail added on top of it all to finish. All that really matters is gameplay, all that really matters is movesets, weight, traction, priority. Not who they are, but what they can do. >

Some people actually play a character because they like that character, not because of it's moves.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Really? despite his theme music being in the game and everything?
Sure, we can all hope for Ridley... but do you honestly believe his theme song confirmed him? That theme song is just part of the Metroid universe. Ridley isn't really a 'character', but if Petey Piranha makes it in, why not? XD

Kid Dyanmite

Smash Cadet
haha this thread is pointless the SSB franchise will alwayz be good as long as sakurai keeps the classics in

BigRick

Smash Master
Sure, we can all hope for Ridley... but do you honestly believe his theme song confirmed him? That theme song is just part of the Metroid universe. Ridley isn't really a 'character', but if Petey Piranha makes it in, why not? XD
I think the song confirmed his apparence as a boss character in the Subspace Emissary. When the song has a name like:

''Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight)''

You get a good idea.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
''Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight)''
Except.. it's the music from the boss battle with Ridley from the actual Metroid game. So, technically, it has absolutely no reference to Ridley's presence in Brawl. This music could very well be the music for a stage where Ridley is nothing more than a background stage hazard. You act like you know when you really have no clue.

This is a prime example of how people are going to be ridiculous and say stuff like "if Ridley is not in Brawl then I'm not buying it". I have absolutely no worries about Brawl being a great game. What I am worried about is the endless whining from various character fans complaining about their character didn't make it in despite all their "evidence".

Top Bottom